#UFC Fight Night 55 #UFC 217 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Fabricio Werdum #Conor McGregor

seth-baczynski-6.jpgSeth Baczynski‘s wife doesn’t allow their five kids to watch his fights. They’re way too “bloody and gnarly,” she says, and that’s the way he likes it.

“It doesn’t bother me,” Baczynski told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “I feel like I’m one of the few fighters that is always going for the kill. I’ll never point-fight. I’ll never train that way. I always want to finish. The bloodier the better.”

Baczynski (18-9 MMA, 4-2 UFC) will attempt to donate more plasma on Saturday when he meets newcomer Brian Melancon (6-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) on the Facebook-streamed preliminary card of UFC 162, which takes place at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena.

The veteran of “The Ultimate Fighter 11? is known for his long and lanky welterweight frame and a willingness to scrap with anybody. After losing his first post-TUF fight, he rebuilt himself on the regional circuit and went on to win four straight in the octagon.

But after losing a unanimous decision to Mike Pierce in his most recent outing at UFC on FX 6, Baczynski is ready to get back on the winning track.

“We got everything we wanted, we just didn’t get the outcome we wanted,” he said. “I kept my hips a little too high and made some technical errors. He did a good job of executing his game plan, and I didn’t do a very good job of executing mine.”

That’s always going to be knocking out opponents such as Melancon, a Bellator and Legacy FC vet who brings a 6-2 record into the octagon.

“It doesn’t matter where we lock up at,” Baczynski said. “We can lock up at a honky-tonk bar. It don’t matter, I’m going to try and air him out.”

But the 31-year-old fighter is taking a different route to getting the KO than he did earlier in his career.

“I was always focused on being this crazy fighter, and when you get older, it’s a lot of wasted energy,” he said. “I like to enjoy my time here now and enjoy the whole process. It’s hard to enjoy the whole process when you’re just thinking about airing someone out all the time.”

Of course, he has a full-time job as a utilities worker and five kids to keep him distracted. But he’s also learned to keep his emotions in check on the streets. A run-in with a boxer outside a club taught him never to run his mouth.

“I took a big ol’ freaking loop, and he gave me a one-two,” remembers Baczynski. “He split both my lips wide open. He said, ‘Do you want some more? And I said: ‘No!’ I had to get 18 stitches on my top lip and six on my bottom.”

Baczynski now trains six days a week, and tells people he’s a janitor instead of a fighter. The blood stays in one place that way.

For the latest on UFC 162, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Comments

Michael Bisping on Georges St-Pierre: 'I see more aggression out of my wife' (UFC 217 Media Call) | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping claimed, "I see more aggression out of my wife Christmas shopping than we're going to see out of Georges." read news >>

UFC Fight Night 118 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

See how the winning and losing fighters from UFC Fight Night 118 reacted on social media outlets such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Cody Garbrandt Reveals How Beating Up TJ Dillashaw Made Him Realize He'd Become UFC Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Cody Garbrandt knows exactly what to expect from TJ Dillashaw when they meet at UFC 217. read news >>

UFC's Arjan Bhullar hopes he can wear his turban to next fight – and beyond

UFC heavyweight Arjan Bhullar said the promotion had some “learning” to do when said he couldn’t walk to the octagon in a turban. But he’s hopeful that might change.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 headliner Dustin Poirier selling fight kit to benefit slain officer's family

Dustin Poirier returns to headliner status next month, and he’ll be using his fight to help the family of a police officer in his home town.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Will Brooks says his rebooking with Nik Lentz is official for UFC Fight Night 121

Will Brooks and Nik Lentz have another chance to get things going next month in Australia. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with UFC bantamweight Bryan Caraway

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guest Bryan Caraway, who returns at UFC Fight Night 123 in December.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Sam Sicilia vs. Marcos Galvao, Alexis Dufresne vs. Amber Leibrock set for Bellator 189

Longtime UFC fighter Sam Sicilia now has a date and an opponent for his Bellator debut. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC Broadcaster Joe Rogan Making His Studio Great Again | MMAWeekly.com

UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan has his own popular podcast. He is adding a little American flair to make his podcast studio great again. read news >>

UFC Announces Global Licensing Partnership with Opro

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new multi-year global licensing agreement with OPRO®, the world’s largest manufacturer of mouthguards. read news >>