#UFC Fight Night 118 #Bellator 185 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Kristina Williams #Bellator MMA #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Heather Hardy #Sam Alvey

anderson-silva-45.jpgOne day after telling a group of reporters that he didn’t think he could beat Jon Jones (18-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC), UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) is apparently doing a bit of an about face.

With a looming potential superfight on the horizon with UFC light heavyweight champ Jones, Silva wanted to make it perfectly clear that he’s not intimated by the bigger man.

“My opinion is this: I’ll fight Jon Jones, all the guys from my class, all the guys that work in the UFC – all the fighters,” Silva said on Tuesday’s new edition of “UFC Tonight.” “I respect all the fighters. I respect Jon Jones. I respect Chris Weidman, but I’m here for working.

“I’m not scared of Jon Jones, of Chris Weidman or whoever. I’m here to fight. That’s it. It’s simple.”

Silva, of course, is booked in the main event of Saturday night’s UFC 162 event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena, where he takes on undefeated challenger Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC). As you would expect of a fighter who is 16-0 in the octagon, Silva is the betting favorite in the matchup.

However, Weidman’s skillset has made him a fashionable underdog pick, even among UFC veterans, including “UFC Tonight” hosts Chael Sonnen and Kenny Florian.

Silva said that’s just fine with him.

“It’s a great fight on Saturday night because Weidman has good jiu-jitsu, good wrestling, good standup,” Silva said. It’s a great fight.”

For Weidman, UFC 162 represents what is unquestionably the biggest fight of his career. But there may be much on the line for Silva, as well, as UFC President Dana White has suggested a win will put “The Spider” in a superfight with either Jones or UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC).

Silva remained coy when asked what victory could bring.

“I don’t know,” Silva said. “I have my plans in my class.

“I don’t have a big goal to change my class. I have my belt in my class. I have my story in my class. That’s it.”

It’s just the latest smoke screen from Silva, who never seems to answer things with a response that doesn’t take a little bit of deciphering. If you believe White, it’s all part of the middleweight champ’s master plan to confuse the media, quite possibly just for his own entertainment.

Whatever the reason, Silva isn’t tipping his hand just yet.

“I respect all the fighters,” Silva said. “I respect Georges St-Pierre because Georges has a great story in the UFC. I respect all the fighters in here because this is the biggest sport in the world.

“This is the UFC. UFC has the best fighters in the world. That’s it.”

For the latest on UFC 162, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Anderson Silva)

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 8 months ago

Comments

Video: Ex-champ Anderson Silva, Kelvin Gastelum face off for UFC Fight Night 122

Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum face off for the first time ahead of UFC Fight Night 122 on Nov. 25. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Glad Anderson Silva's Name is No Longer by His for UFC Record | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson etched his name in the history books on Saturday night in Las Vegas. In the UFC 216 co-main event, he submitted Ray B read news >>

Georges St-Pierre was Offered Anderson Silva Before Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

Though he is slated to challenge Michael Bisping at UFC 217, Georges St-Pierre had a possible bout with Anderson Silva in the offing. read news >>

Kurt Holobaugh's camp will push for suspension reduction, UFC status not in jeopardy

Kurt Holobaugh’s rep says his UFC contract isn’t canceled, and his team plans to fight a nine-month suspension for IV use. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ian McCall Granted His Release from the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight fighter Ian McCall has been granted his release from the UFC after asking the organization to void his contract recently. UFC officials confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday. McCal read news >>

7-time UFC vet Cody McKenzie aims for Venator FC gold in 4-man, single-night tourney

“The AK Kid” will soon look to claim a welterweight title previously held by two current UFC signees.Filed under: News read news >>

Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega Set for UFC Fight Night Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Cub Swanson and Brian Ortega will make their returns to the Octagon opposite one another in the UFC Fight Night main event in Fresno, Calif. read news >>

UFC 218 officially adds Amanda Cooper vs. Angela Magana, Jeremy Kimball vs. Dominick Reyes

UFC 218’s spectacular lineup continues to fill and the latest official contests include a strawweight bout and a light heavyweight matchup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC cites 'medical concerns,' pulls Mark Hunt from UFC Fight Night 121 in favor of Fabricio Werdum

UFC officials today announced that Mark Hunt will no longer compete in the promotions’s return to Australia.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Steps into UFC Main Event in Sydney, Mark Hunt Erupts Over Being Pulled | MMAWeekly.com

Three days removed from his most recent fight and Fabricio Werdum has already been booked for his next trip to the Octagon. Following a quick submission win over late notice replacement Walt Harris a read news >>