#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Bellator 185 #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Kristina Williams #Ramazan Emeev #Sam Alvey #Oskar Piechota

shawn-jordan-5.jpgShawn Jordan recently fought and defeated a friend, so if the UFC asks wants him to do it again – this time against fellow UFC 161 winner Stipe Miocic – he said he’s game.

Jordan (15-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC), who knocked out buddy and fellow heavyweight Pat Barry (8-6 MMA, 5-6 UFC) at the June 15 event, said he was able to set aside the friendship for one night. It resulted in a $50,000 “Knockout of the Night” award after just 59 seconds of work.

Later on the pay-per-view main card at Winnipeg’s MTS Centre, Miocic (10-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) upset Roy Nelson (19-8 MMA, 6-4 UFC) in the co-headliner. That led to some calls for a Jordan vs. Miocic fight, which would feature two of the division’s more promising prospects.

Currently, Miocic is No. 13 and Jordan is an honorable mention in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA heavyweight rankings.

“We don’t really ever get to say who we’ll fight … but yeah, I like Stipe,” Jordan told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “He’s awesome, and we were hanging out at all week. … If they asked me to fight him, hey, I just fought a guy who’s been my buddy for a few years. Absolutely, if they ask me to fight him. I’m sure we both feel the same way.”

Jordan, though, said he’s not necessarily counting on that specific bout, and as usual, he’ll be back in the gym quickly to prepare for any other possible late-notice fights. With a 4-1 run in Strikeforce and the UFC, he knows the organization could call with another big bout.

“I’m pretty healthy still,” he said. “I’m as healthy as I was going into the fight. Yeah, your hands are a little sore because you’re wearing little gloves and throwing hard. But I’m ready. I’ll probably take a couple days off and then get back to the gym.”

“The UFC knows that (I’m ready whenever they call). I’ve never said no to a fight. Even the Cheick Kongo fight, it was probably the worst fight of my career, and I took that one on like three weeks’ notice and eight weeks after shoulder surgery. I wasn’t exactly training. But they know I won’t say no.”

The Kongo loss, which came via decision, remains the former LSU football player’s only loss in the past two years.

Jordan, who said he prepared for Barry’s well-known power by training with Pedro Rizzo at American Top Team, also owns recent victories over Mike Russow and Oli Thompson. Barry was a step up in competition, and with his dominant win, he expects another step up the ladder in his next fight.

“We do this sport to be the best, and at some point I’d like to fight … whoever is No. 1,” he said. “But I want to keep working my way up and fight the best heavyweights I can.”

For complete coverage of UFC 161, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Galleries

Stipe Miocic Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC Champ Tyron Woodley Drops MLK on NFL Kneelers | MMAWeekly.com

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley recently seemingly weighed in on the NFL kneeling controversy. read news >>

Stipe Miocic is the UFC champ who also cleans toilets as a firefighter

Stipe Miocic’s reward for becoming top dog in the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s biggest and baddest division was to be handed a mop and a plunger and ordered to swab floors and unblock a toilet. read news >>

John Moraga knew job was on the line, fought back tears after huge KO at UFC 216

When he had a three-fight skid, John Moraga was starting to have doubts about whether or not he should keep pursuing the UFC dream.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 218: Holloway vs. Edgar Fight Poster Unveiled | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 218 recently gained its headlining bout, and now the official fight poster has been revealed. read news >>

Ian McCall Granted His Release from the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight fighter Ian McCall has been granted his release from the UFC after asking the organization to void his contract recently. UFC officials confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday. McCal read news >>

UFC 216 reactions: Winning and losing fighters (plus a few who fought to a draw) on social media

See how the winning and losing fighters from UFC 216 reacted on social media outlets such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 winner John Moraga has fought top guys for pennies, now wants to get paid

When John Moraga knocked out Magomed Bibulatov with a thunderous left hook, he was purging months – and perhaps years – of dissatisfaction.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Robbie Lawler-Rafael dos Anjos winner gets next shot at champ Tyron Woodley

The recently UFC on FOX 26 main event between Robbie Lawler and Rafael dos Anjos is a title-eliminator in the welterweight division. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Evan Dunham is a Conor McGregor fan – but if anybody asks, Tony Ferguson is the UFC champ

After fighting Beneil Dariush to a majority draw at UFC 216, lightweight veteran Evan Dunham discusses the difficulties of making his way up in a jammed division.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, U read news >>

Dhiego Lima unloads on 'TUF 25' winner Jesse Taylor after doping fail

For “TUF 25” finalist Dhiego Lima, the banned substance that Jesse Taylor recently tested positive for can only mean one thing: the “TUF” winner took PEDs on the lead-up to their July encounter.Filed read news >>