#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Colosseum #Fight One #Alexander Gustafsson #The Heavyweight Title Fight #Mariusz Pudzianowski #Fight Night Stockholm #Glover Teixeira #TKO #UFC 211

sara-mcmann-2.jpgSara McMann’s initial reaction to her first UFC opponent, Sheila Gaff, wasn’t delight, but pause.

“At first I had to think about her because I didn’t think she was in my weight class,” McMann told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). “But I thought I saw her fight as high as 145. If she’s comfortable fighting that high, 135 is no problem.”

McMann (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Gaff (10-4-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) meet April 27 at UFC 159, which takes place at Newark, N.J.’s Prudential Center. Main-card fights air on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

McMann, an Olympic silver medalist and one of the first 10 female bantamweights signed to the UFC, is used to big challenges on the wrestling mat and inside the cage, where she’s ranked in the top 10 of her division.

Gaff, though, was a different type of challenge, as she soon saw.

Immediately after accepting the bout, McMann hunted for footage on the German fighter and found her most recent bout. Gaff’s opponent tried to touch gloves and instead fielded a swarm of punches and knees that left her flat on her back, unconscious.

Is she ready for that?

“I usually don’t touch gloves, so I didn’t really think about it,” McMann said. “Even other people touching gloves, there’s always a risk for anybody doing that. That’s why I assume that when you touch gloves in the beginning, that’s when you’re touching gloves. I don’t start out slow, so I don’t worry about it.”

McMann said it won’t make much of a difference whether Gaff fights dirty or fair when they meet.

“People do that in wrestling, so I guess I’ll just be a little more aware of it so it doesn’t throw me off my game,” she said. “Sometimes the ref catches it, and sometimes they don’t. I really go out there more for my game plan.”

McMann, 32, could have a significant weight advantage over the 23-year-old Gaff, who usually fights at 125 pounds. And her wrestling style should pair well with the German’s blitz.

“I like a high, intense pace too,” she said. “That’s good for me. I didn’t see a lot of her ground work. It’s intense, which is what the UFC wants to see. They want people who are exciting and getting after it, so I think that’s good.”

She also expects prime placement for their octagon debut. One of her manager’s conditions for accepting a fight in the promotion was a spot on the event’s PPV main card, so she anticipates a big audience.

Previously, she fought for the upstart Invicta FC promotion, where crowds were smaller. If her measured tones are any indication, fighting at the 18,000-seat Prudential Center shouldn’t be an issue.

“I think it would be something that I’m really comfortable with,” McMann said. “A lot of my competitions in wrestling toward the latter end of my career were all higher level matches. Fighting on smaller things was kind of an adjustment for me to get myself up and get myself ready. But going back to the higher level, pressure situations is kind of comfortable to me.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Fertitta brothers use UFC sale money to form investment firm

Buoyed by the $4 billion sale of the UFC this past July, the Fertitta brothers are getting into the investment game. The Wall Street Journal today reported Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta have formed Fert read news >>

UFC 211's Jessica Andrade talks past ties with champ Jedrzejczyk, recalls shared training session

RIO DE JANEIRO – Having once shared a manager with Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Jessica Andrade said she used gloves given to her by the champ to train for their UFC 211 title appointment on Saturday.Filed un read news >>

Video: Ahead of UFC 211, watch Stipe Miocic's first title defense vs. Alistair Overeem

Watch Stipe Miocic thrill his hometown crowd with his first title defense as he knocks out Alistair Overeem at UFC 203.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Not Looking Past Jessica Andrade Despite Two-Title Talk | MMAWeekly.com

Reigning UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s focus is on her UFC 211 title defense against Jessica Andrade despite the talk of two titles. read news >>

UFC 211's Henry Cejudo aims to move past 'miserable' experience of consecutive losses

DALLAS – The fight game can change in an instant, and for Henry Cejudo, it’s taken just two fights to go from the man some pegged to dethrone flyweight king Demetrious Johnson to a fighter in despera read news >>

Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

UFC 211 looked like quite an event on paper and, based on the headlining scrap for FX's preliminary action, anyone who felt that way has pretty good instincts about the game. Former UFC lightweight c read news >>

UFC 211 'Fight Motion': Check out Joanna Jedrzejczyk's handy work in super slow-mo

This past Saturday’s UFC 211 event was one of the year’s best cards on paper. And on fight night, it largely delivered on that promise of stellar action.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Many believed that Yair Rodriguez vs. Frankie Edgar was a case of too much, too soon for the hot prospect. At UFC 211, those people were proved very, very correct. In a contest so lopsided that it's read news >>

UFC plots more international growth while kicking off 4 events on 4 continents in 4 weeks

LAS VEGAS – While this past week saw more than 300 UFC athletes descend upon the company’s headquarters in Las Vegas, the next four weeks will see the promotion host events on four different continen read news >>

Fan-powered Jack Hermansson ready to feed off the crowd at UFC Fight Night 109

STOCKHOLM – Swedish middleweight favorite Jack Hermansson has competed all over the world in his 17-fight MMA career, but remarkably he hasn’t fought in his native Sweden. That changes Sunday. Filed read news >>