alan-belcher-14.jpgNEW YORK – “You’re getting your ass kicked on Saturday night, bro,” Michael Bisping spat at Alan Belcher after squaring off following a pre-event media day for UFC 159.

“You’re getting knocked out,” Belcher replied.

“Oh yeah, we’ll see about that won’t we,” Bisping continued. “Slap that stupid look off your face.”

Belcher wore a big grin.

With precise comedic timing, UFC President Dana White interjected: “That’s it. We’re good.”

It’s not the first time Bisping (23-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) has gotten heated at a press event or a weigh-in. UFC operations guru Burt Watson hardly looked surprised by Bisping’s outburst. White kept his arms between the fighters, but didn’t seem seriously concerned they might fight right there.

It’s become a trademark of Bisping fights to hear one last verbal tirade before he steps into the cage, and Belcher (18-7 MMA, 9-5 UFC) appeared well-prepared for it.

Moments earlier, he admitted he was over his rivalry with the Brit, which has dominated interviews about their co-main event fight at UFC 159 on Saturday at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

“I’m kind of bored with it, and I’m ready to fight on Saturday night,” he said.

Several months ago, that wasn’t the case. Belcher felt he was lacking the fire he brought to previous fights, and it set him back from a title shot against dominant middleweight champ Anderson Silva when he lost a rematch this against Yushin Okami at UFC 155.

Getting the brash Bisping to fight him seemed the perfect solution to finding the passion he needed in the gym. So rather than take time off to regroup in the gym and improve his technique, he campaigned for a quick turnaround against the Brit, whom he said he had unsuccessfully called out for years before finally being noticed.

With a training camp now behind him, he believes he made the right choice.

“I feel like I haven’t performed up to my best potential, and I think getting a little angry or emotional will help me out,” he said. “I’ve trained harder than I’ve ever trained for this fight right here.”

Now, Belcher is concerned with rescuing his chances to fight Silva, who is next scheduled to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 162. The winner of Saturday’s bout will stay in the mix of contenders while the loser might never get a chance to fight the pound-for-pound best.

“This is one where I need to have a great performance to stay in there if I want a title shot any time in the near future,” he said.

And with just two days left until he steps into the octagon, Belcher has shut Bisping out of his head. This past week during a media teleconference, he elected not to return fire when insulted by “The Count.”

Bisping didn’t rattle him in person, either. He’s already gotten what he needed. Bisping, he said, might still be trying to fire himself up.

“All the pressure is on Mike,” Belcher said. “He’s the favorite, and he’s ranked higher than I am. He needs this worse than I do.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

UFC on FOX 23's Jason Gonzalez: I want rematch with Dober because 'I kind of dropped the ball'

DENVER – Per standard post-fight speak, Jason Gonzalez said he would take whatever his promoter offered him next after his first octagon win at Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23. But the lightweight wants a r read news >>

Donald Cerrone: We'll Just Keep Knocking Them Down Until We Get the Title (UFC Denver) | MMAWeekly.com

Embracing a hometown fight with Jorge Masvidal, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone has a welterweight title fight in his sights for 2017. read news >>

Ranked flyweights Ali Bagautinov, Zach Makovsky no longer on UFC roster

Two of the world’s best flyweights are no longer under UFC contract.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Andrei Arlovski: I'm Not in a Position to Pick My Opponent (UFC Denver) | MMAWeekly.com

Having lost three fights in a row, Andrei Arlovski knows that he can't be choosy about his opponents or make big, boastful claims. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Francis Ngannou: Someone can do better than UFC champ Stipe Miocic

DENVER – UFC heavyweight Francis Ngannou wanted to be a professional boxer, until his coaches encouraged him to check out MMA. Now he believes he can be the best heavyweight in the world.Filed under: read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Donald Cerrone and Jorge Masvidal personal? Depends on who you ask

DENVER – UFC welterweight Jorge Masvidal said it’s business and not personal against Donald Cerrone at UFC on FOX 23. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko: I Am Very Confident in My Power (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Though she's not as boisterous as her UFC on FOX 23 opponent, Valentina Shevchenko is confident as she prepares to step in the cage with Julianna Pena. read news >>

Francis Ngannou Embraces Championship Expectations (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Heading into battle with Andrei Arlovski, rising heavyweight star Francis Ngannou embraces the pressure of those who think he could be a UFC champion. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Andrei Arlovski wasn't aiming for Francis Ngannou but isn't in business of picking opponents

DENVER – You get the sense UFC heavyweight Andrei Arlovski didn’t exactly want to fight Francis Ngannou. After all, a young, up-and-coming prospect offers little upside for a former champion fighting read news >>

UFC on Fox 23: Bleacher Report Main Card Staff Predictions

There's a lot of pop in this little main card. UFC on Fox 23, going down this Saturday from Denver, Colorado, isn't getting the same run as most other Fox cards. It's certainly not getting the same r read news >>