#Cris Cyborg #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Angela Magana #Bellator 179 #Nate Diaz #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Jon Jones #UFC 202

Georges St-Pierre UFC 129-478x270Georges St-Pierre (24-2) has retained the UFC welterweight title for the eighth time with a commanding unanimous decision win over Nick Diaz (26-9, 1 NC) at UFC 158 on Saturday night at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

All three judges awarded the fight to St-Pierre 50-45.

In the opening two rounds, St-Pierre was able to completely dominate the fight, landing takedowns at will and was able to outwork Diaz from the top position with ground strikes.

He began to slow down in round three and Diaz was able to repeatedly stuff his takedown attempts and keep the fight standing, engaging in strikes. But the 31-year-old Canadian was still able to out-strike Diaz on his feet and never looked in doubt.

Coming into the final round, St-Pierre clinched, looking for the takedown, but Diaz broke free before falling to the mat where the eight-time world champion was able to land ground strikes from side control, maintaining top position, to the roars of his home crowd to the final bell.

“I didn’t want to fight in a boxing range with him because he’s the best boxer in mixed martial arts,” St-Pierre said. “He has a very unusual scrambling style and I don’t have a training partner like that, it’s almost impossible to get ready for that.”

Although there was animosity between the pair leading into the fight, it all seemed forgotten after the final bell, with both fighters full of praise for their counterpart.

“Nick, you made a great job promoting the fight. He’s a good guy,” St-Pierre told the crowd. “I never took it personal. Nick is a veteran. He was in the UFC before me. I’m actually a big fan of Nick Diaz and that’s one of the reasons I wanted to fight him.”

Nick Diaz hinted at retirement when speaking with Joe Rogan post-fight, saying it’s something he’s been contemplating.

“I think I’m going to have to figure out whether I want to keep doing this. I really don’t think I have any more.

“I don’t want to make excuses,” Diaz continued. “I think I’m done with mixed martial arts. I want to help my team and I’m tired of getting banged up.”

(Follow @AndrewPMMA on Twitter)

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Defeats Jessica Andrade in Unanimous Decision at UFC 211

If you still haven't figured out how to say Joanna Jedrzejczyk's name, it might be time to figure it out. The Polish striker successfully defended her title at UFC 211 with a unanimous-decision win o read news >>

UFC 211 results: Stipe Miocic tears through Junior Dos Santos for first-round TKO

DALLAS – Stipe Miocic avenged a decision loss to Junior Dos Santos, stopping the former champ in the first round to notch his second title defense. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Demian Maia entered UFC 211 with everything on the line. A loss would have crippled his chances at ever getting another UFC title shot, and he was facing a top-tier challenge against Jorge Masvidal a read news >>

UFC 211 results: Joanna Jedrzejczyk dominates gritty Jessica Andrade for fifth title defense

DALLAS – A hard left hook from Jessica Andrade raised an enormous lump on Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s forehead in the opening round, which had to have been an encouraging moment for the challenger. Filed un read news >>

UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 LIVE Post Fight Press Conference | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 post-fight press conference live, shortly after the event. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Stipe Miocic's TKO of Junior Dos Santos to defend title at UFC 211

Stipe Miocic put himself in the record books while simultaneously exacting some personal vengeance Saturday when he defended his heavyweight title against Junior Dos Santos in the UFC 211 headliner.F read news >>

Stipe Miocic Drops Junior Dos Santos to Win UFC 211 Main Event Via TKO

The UFC heavyweight championship has been notoriously difficult to hold on to throughout its history, but Stipe Miocic proved up to the task at UFC 211, picking up a first-round TKO win over Junior D read news >>

Stipe Miocic Takes Out Junior dos Santos In The First (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic's last loss inside the Octagon came to Junior dos Santos by decision in December 2014. On Saturday, he exacted his revenge. read news >>

UFC 211 bonuses: Nutty heavyweight brawl between Chase Sherman, Rashad Coulter gets $50,000

DALLAS – Stipe Miocic, Jason Knight, Chase Sherman and Rashad Coulter each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Saturday’s UFC 211 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 211 Results: Stipe Miocic, Joanna Jedrzejczyk Win Main Event Fights

Stipe Miocic used UFC 211 to quickly put himself in a position to become the best heavyweight champion in UFC history. Taking on Junior Dos Santos in a rematch of their instant classic in 2014, Mioci read news >>