Evan Dunham UFC 119After battling injuries for the last two years, lightweight contender Evan Dunham (13-2) has had enough.

Once thought of as nearing lightweight title contention, Dunham has had a bit of a rocky 2011 and 2012, having to pull out of fights with injuries.  The 30-year-old has been vocal about making his presence felt in the lightweight division again to get back to fighting on the main card.

The Xtreme Couture pupil must first deal with the present though, as he fights a dark horse in the lightweight division in T.J. Grant at UFC 152 in Toronto.

“Like all my fights, I don’t really care what T.J.’s going to do,” Dunham told MMAWeekly Radio.

“All I’m going to do is worry about myself.  I know a lot of fighters say that and it’s true.  T.J., in my opinion, is a sleeper in the division.  He’s a very powerful fighter not to be overlooked at all and I have not done that in this camp, I’ve trained very hard.  That being said, I’m really looking forward to this fight.

“I haven’t switched up much.  I have an idea of what he’s going to look for, but I figure people underestimate his stand-up as well.  In his fights, he looks good on his feet and he looks crisp.  I’m ready to fight wherever it goes; it doesn’t make a difference to me.”

Going forward, Dunham’s focus remains on sharpening his tools in the sport.  It doesn’t matter what Grant brings because Dunham plans to bring a relentless attack from all angles.

Grant may be fighting on home turf, but it’s not Dunham’s first go-around with fighting someone so close to home.  At the end of the day, the small stuff doesn’t faze Dunham.  Whether or not the Canadian fans cheer him or boo him entering the building doesn’t matter because he knows they will cheer for him after the bout.

“I think when I fought Sherk that, that was kind of in his home area’ish,” recounted Dunham. “I want to say that Shamar (as well), but I don’t know.  I don’t really read into any of those things.  I know the fans in Canada are great.  I’m sure he’ll have quite the following up there.

“I know I have quite a few fans up there in Canada, as well.  Whether they boo for me, or whether they cheer for me going in, it makes no difference as long as by the end of the fight, they’re cheering for me.  That’s all I really care about.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more UFC 152 news and updates.

Cerrone vs. Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

Donald Cerrone’s Cinderella march through the welterweight division encountered its first bit of adversity Saturday at UFC on Fox 23. Jorge Masvidal dashed Cerrone’s four-fight winning streak at 170 read news >>

Is the UFC's women's bantamweight division set for a return to nicer, bleaker days?

The next UFC women’s bantamweight title fight appears to be set, but as champion Amanda Nunes faced off with Valentina Shevchenko after UFC on FOX 23, one didn’t get the sense that we were looking at read news >>

Is Francis Ngannou the Next UFC Heavyweight Champion? (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Francis Ngannou has stormed into the UFC heavyweight division. Is he the next great UFC heavyweight champion? read news >>

Manager says Gegard Mousasi's UFC 210 bout not in jeopardy, but UFC monitoring situation

Gegard Mousasi’s manager is confident the UFC middleweight won’t be kept from fighting ex-champ Chris Weidman at UFC 210. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Former champ Holly Holm on UFC 208 145-pound title headliner: Each division has to start somewhere

As former UFC women’s bantamweight champ Holly Holm points out, she didn’t really have a division before Ronda Rousey fought at UFC 157. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Admits UFC Created Women's 145 Division for Cris Cyborg | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White has admitted that he created the women's featherweight division for Cris Cyborg. Now that she's on the sidelines, what comes next? read news >>

10 memorable moments from UFC Fight Night 104: 'Zombie' indeed, new title fight, flipping off crowd

The featherweight division got a whole lot more interesting on Saturday thanks to [autotag]Chan Sung Jung[/autotag]. "The Korean Zombie," back in the UFC after an absence of 1,281 days, knocked out [ read news >>

Miesha Tate on Women’s 145-Pound Division: ‘Build It and They Will Come’ | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight champ Miesha Tate believes the creation of the women's featherweight division will be a magnet for 145-pound talent. read news >>

UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie - fantasy cheat sheet

At UFC 208, a new division will be launched as the women's featherweight title is introduced with a main event pitting former bantamweight champion Holly Holm against Muay Thai striker Germaine De Ra read news >>

Different UFC, different featherweight division, same old 'Korean Zombie'

After two years of military service that he spent, perplexingly, in a government office job, “The Korean Zombie” is back in the UFC. But the company and the weight class Chan Sung Jung returns to is read news >>