#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Nick Diaz #Rizin 7 #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Quinton Jackson #GSP #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping

Michael Bisping has a point to prove at UFC 152 and he plans on using Brian Stann as the way to do it.

Coming off a close decision loss in his last fight against Chael Sonnen in January, Bisping has had a chip on his shoulder for several months, and a knee injury that sidelined him from fighting in July only angered him even further.

Now as the middleweight division’s contender race starts to heat up, Bisping knows that if he plans on getting a shot at Anderson Silva‘s title in 2013, he needs to make an example out of Brian Stann in Toronto.

“I’ve got to fight with a sense of urgency. I’ve got to put it on him right from the start. I ain’t letting this go to the judges. Whenever it goes to the judges, it never really goes my way. I’ve never lost two fights in a row. I’m coming off a loss, and I’ve got to take my win, take my victory and ensure my title shot and I’m going to do that,” Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio prior to the fight.

When looking at his opponent, Bisping respects the skills that Stann brings to the table, but he believes it’s nothing he hasn’t seen before and it all comes down to executing on fight night. If he fights to his best, Bisping doesn’t see a way Stann beats him.

“He’s a big power puncher; he’s somewhat limited in some respects. I’ve watched his fights recently from back in the WEC days to now, and I really haven’t seen much evolution. He’s obviously a little sharper and crisper, and a little more refined, but I don’t really see anything new,” said Bisping.

“Can he knock me out? Listen, I’ve got a good chin, but he does have the ability to knock people out. Do I think he’ll catch me with anything significant? I don’t think so. I’ve got good movement, my head movement is way more improved, I can take his punches anywhere, and I can beat him to the punch all day long. I’ve got far, far better wrestling, grappling and jiu-jitsu than him, better cardio, and I just think it’s a good fight for me.”

Call it cocky or call it confidence, Bisping is happy to explain why he knows he’ll beat Stann in Toronto and then look for a title shot in the near future.

As good as Brian Stann might be, Michael Bisping just knows he’s better.

“I think nine times out of 10, I win this fight,” Bisping stated. “I’ve got to make sure this time is one of those nine times out of 10.”

For more news, rumors and information make sure to follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Luke Rockhold Trashes Michael Bisping's Title Reign as 'the Worst in UFC History' | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has never been a fan of Michael Bisping but it seems he likes him even less a year and a half into his middleweight title reign in the UFC. Of course, Rockhold has a reason to hold a gr read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping: Georges St-Pierre fight could be my last – win or lose

“There’s a lot of people saying, ‘Mike, you should retire,'” and Michael Bisping is giving it serious consideration.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Might Retire After Fighting Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is considering retirement after he fights Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping's ideal scenario could delay retirement past GSP fight

Michael Bisping (sort of) walks back his comments on his last fight potentially being at UFC 217 against Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Japan broadcast plans set for FXX, including Alan Jouban's analyst debut

UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan this weekend will feature the in-studio debut of a new fight analyst.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Claudia Gadelha has 'no excuses' for UFC-Japan loss, plans for time off

Claudia Gadelha plans to take a hiatus from competition following a “Fight of the Night” loss to Jessica Andrade at UFC Fight Night 117. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Don't Be Surprised if Georges St-Pierre Calls Out Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

If Georges St-Pierre defeats Michael Bisping for the UFC middleweight belt in November, don't be surprised if he calls out Conor McGregor. read news >>

Michael Bisping Declares He Didn't Dodge Anyone to Get Georges St-Pierre Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping said he had agreed to defend his belt against Robert Whittaker or Yoel Romero. read news >>

Michael Bisping has spies watching GSP, promises first-round KO at UFC 217

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) puts his belt on the line against former welterweight title holder and all-time MMA great Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) in the read news >>

UFC Plans to Donation to Aid Victims of Las Vegas Shooting | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is planning to make a sizable donation to aid the victims of Sunday's tragic shooting in Las Vegas. read news >>