#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Bellator 185 #MMA Rocks #KSW 40 #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Norman Parke #Conor McGregor #Kristina Williams #Jan Blachowicz

At UFC 148 it was the swan song for the recent UFC Hall of Fame inductee Tito Ortiz and he went out with a bang.

Ortiz was a polarizing figure for many years in the UFC, but one thing you could always count on, is that he’d always leave it all in the cage and in the third and final fight with Griffin it was no different.

In the fight, Ortiz hurt Griffin twice and scored takedowns but in the end judges thought the strikes Griffin landed were enough to give him the fight.

“I wasn’t looking for a smart fight, I was looking to finish the fight,” Ortiz said post-fight.  “I thought I dropped him a couple of times, took him down every round and Forrest knew that I had no respect for his punching.  He would throw punches and nothing hurt.”

According to Fight Metric Griffin outlanded Ortiz 85 to 49 in strikes, and Ortiz just had no respect for the punches of Griffin and it cost him the win on the judges score cards.

At the end of the day Ortiz went out in a blaze of glory and the former light heavyweight champion lives with no regrets.  He bared his heart and soul in the Octagon and wouldn’t have performed any other way.

“When you fight with emotions as I do (expletive) happens,” Ortiz continued.  I went out and I thought I won.  I thought the fight was over, Forrest thought the fight was over and the fans thought the fight was over but the judges didn’t see it that way.  It is what it is. I know what I did tonight.  You guys know what I did tonight.  I went out on my shield.”

Comments

Yokota Air Base personnel in Japan motivated by recent visit from UFC fighters

Take an inside look at the UFC’s recent visit to Yokota Air Base in Japan near Tokyo. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Las Vegas Massacre Leaves Fabricio Werdum with a Heavy Heart at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

In the wake of the tragic Las Vegas shooting, Fabricio Werdum expressed how heavy his heart is feeling as he prepares for Derrick Lewis. read news >>

UFC Donating All Profits from Vegas Strong T-Shirts | MMAWeekly.com

In the wake of the recent tragedy in Las Vegas, UFC has released special "Vegas Strong" t-shirts and is donating 100-percent of the profits. read news >>

Matt Schnell knew UFC job was at stake in 'loser-leaves-town' match at UFC 216

Matt Schnell had no doubt in his mind his spot on the roster was at stake at UFC 216Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz 'comfortably retired now,' shuts door on return to fighting

It seems not even a rematch with hated rival Chael Sonnen could lure Tito Ortiz out of retirement.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Says WWE Didn't Want Brock Lesnar to Fight in UFC Under Contract

UFC President Dana White said on a recent episode of ESPN's Dan Le Batard Show that WWE would not allow Brock Lesnar to fight again in the UFC while under contract with WWE. During the interview (h/t read news >>

UFC's Alexa Grasso undergoes knee surgery, still all smiles

UFC strawweight and perpetually upbeat Alexa Grasso is on the mend following a recent knee surgery.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Responds to Las Vegas Shooting Tragedy | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC, which has long made its home base in Las Vegas, issued a statement on Monday in response to Sunday's tragic concert shooting. read news >>

Reminder: UFC 218 tickets on sale this week for Holloway vs. Edgar in Detroit

As a reminder, tickets for the UFC’s return to Michigan are on sale today.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 'Fight Motion:' Check out Demetrious Johnson's insane armbar in super slo-mo

The UFC’s latest edition of “Fight Motion” is out, and in it we can see just how amazing flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson’s finish was.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>