#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Fight Night Rotterdam #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Darren Till #Michael Bisping #Anderson Silva #Holly Holm #Donald Cerrone

Miguel Torres

Miguel Torres

The UFC is constantly tweaking its approach on everything, from fight cards to production to promotion and more. Their latest move is to add a sixth bout to the UFC 145 main card on pay-per-view.

Already headlined by the UFC light heavyweight title bout between champion Jon Jones and challenger Rashad Evans, the Atlanta fight card just went one better with the addition of one of the promotion’s top veteran bantamweights in Miguel Torres against one of the division’s top up-and-comers in Michael McDonald.

“Fighting on pay-per-view is special to me,” said Torres. “I would watch the big boxing cards with my father as a kid, and my father would well up with pride and emotion when guys like Julio Cesar Chavez fought. I’d never seen my father show so much emotion and I am proud to become an extension of that great Mexican fighting legacy in the UFC.”

McDonald was just as excited about the promotion to the main card as Torres, knowing that he’s got one of the toughest fights of his career before him.

“I think Miguel Torres is definitely the most significant opponent I’ve ever faced on a business perspective,” said McDonald. “Now it’s my chance to prove to myself that I can do what I think I can do on a huge pay-per-view event.”

UFC 145 takes place on April 21 at Phillips Arena in Atlanta.

For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

So, can Walt Harris get back his UFC 216 pay-per-view main-card slot?

Walt Harris has a simple request wish for UFC officials: give him back his spot back on Saturday’s UFC 216 pay-per-view main card.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Live on MMAWeekly.com | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Pay-Per-View streams LIVE via FITE TV, Saturday, Oct. 7, at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

UFC vet Jon Tuck shares the secret to dumping massive weight in the bathroom

Beneil Dariush kicks off tonight’s UFC 216 pay-per-view main card, and Jon Tuck will be in his corner. The friendship has taught Tuck some tricks of the trade.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

Replay: Relive UFC 216 with MMAjunkie Radio's fight-night SportsCastr event

Miss UFC 216, or just want to relive Saturday’s big pay-per-view event? Check out a replay of the fight-night chat with MMAjunkie Radio’s hosts.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 215 and UFC 216 Pay-Per-View Numbers Reportedly Bottomed Out | MMAWeekly.com

While 2016 was a banner year for UFC Pay-Per-View events, 2017 has seen a tremendous reverse in fortunes. read news >>

UFC 216 Ends with Lowest Attendance for Any Pay-Per-View Yet in 2017 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 216 crowned a new interim lightweight champion and saw the record broken for most title defenses in promotional history but still didn't manage to pull in a huge crowd in Las Vegas on Saturday ni read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov to new interim UFC champ Tony Ferguson: 'You deserve this belt'

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s history with Tony Ferguson didn’t stop him from congratulating the new UFC interim lightweight champ.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Champ Demetrious Johnson breaks down 'Mighty Armbar,' reveals potential knee injury

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson used his opponent’s fighting philosophy against him to break the all-time title defense record at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ray Borg: 'Sneaky' UFC champ Demetrious Johnson was like 'fighting my future self'

Ray Borg was humble in defeat following his wild submission loss to UFC champ Demetrious Johnson at UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Glad Anderson Silva's Name is No Longer by His for UFC Record | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson etched his name in the history books on Saturday night in Las Vegas. In the UFC 216 co-main event, he submitted Ray B read news >>