#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Nate Diaz #Cody Garbrandt #Fight One #Rose Namajunas #Dustin Poirier

Tyson NamFollowing back-to-back losses in mid-2010 and early 2011, bantamweight prospect Tyson Nam made the change to a new team and has reeled off four straight wins.

“Ever since I’ve switched to training with the crew at Sports Labs, I think everything has been a lot better,” said Nam. “Our conditioning, the way we work out, the way we spar has just been a lot better.

“I feel like my all-around game has been getting better. A big noticeable difference has been my conditioning. Everybody knows how to fight, but once you get tired, you’re never as good as when you were fresh.”

Nam’s physical improvement has allowed him to start fights faster, leading to three finishes within the first round during his recent winning streak, which includes knocking out current Bellator bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas in a non-title bout in Brazil.

“Being in better condition, I can push a harder pace,” said Nam. “I train hard and it’s just kind of worked out to where I was finishing off guys quickly.”

Nam’s hard work will be rewarded with his first bout on a major card when he faces Marlon Moraes at the March 23 World Series of Fighting 2 event in Atlantic City, N.J., on NBC Sports Network.

“I really just want to go out there and put on a good show for WSOF,” said Nam. “The boy brings it and he brings it hard. I’m hoping that we meet in the center and it’s just going to be fast-paced action for 15 minutes.”

Moraes is coming off a huge win over former WEC champion Miguel Torres. When asked if he feels Torres may have underestimated Moraes, Nam told MMAWeekly.com that rather than being overlooked, his opponent is truly that dangerous.

“Even before they fought, I’m pretty sure Miguel watched some video on (Moraes) and knew he was a pretty tough opponent,” said Nam. “Me watching video on him it seems there’s not many holes in his game; the boy is good.

“I know I definitely never take any opponent lightly. I’ve had a pretty good training camp leading up to this fight and I hope I should be prepared.”

For Nam, the opportunity to fight on a nationally broadcasted event does not add any pressure to the fight, but on the contrary, makes him want to go out and showcase himself even more.

“The only time I was on TV was when I fought in Brazil (knocking out Dantas) and nobody in America could see me,” he said. “For me to be on my first nationally broadcasted TV event with even my family in Hawaii being able to watch me, I’m just so excited.

“For my national TV debut, I just want to go out there and put on an exciting show.”

Comments

Matt Brown Reflects on Career Heading Into Final UFC Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Matt "The Immortal" Brown reflects on an unforgettable UFC career before making his final walk to the Octagon to take on veteran Diego Sanchez this Saturday. read news >>

Matt Brown having second thoughts about retirement heading into UFC-Norfolk

Matt Brown is only a couple months removed from saying UFC Fight Night 120 against Diego Sanchez would be his final walk to the cage.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Marlon Moraes Out-Hustles John Dodson at UFC Norfolk | MMAWeekly.com

Former World Series of Fighting champion Marlon Moraes took the split-decision nod over John Dodson at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday in Norfolk, Va. read news >>

Mackenzie Dern signs with Invicta FC, meets Kaline Medeiros in Kansas City

Mackenzie Dern is heading to Invicta FC with an eye on staying unbeaten in her pro career. Filed under: News read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 188, where Noad Lahat headlines in his native Israel

Bellator is making the most of its time overseas, with Bellator 188 taking place Thursday in Tel Aviv, Israel.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

As lawsuit looms, UFC-Sydney's Tim Means rails on shady supplement companies

• a day ago

Tim Means is facing two opponents heading into his latest UFC matchup: Belal Muhammad, and an entire shady industry, as he sees it.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Mike Perry: 'Darren Till Went Fishing for Bass and Caught a Shark' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Mike Perry believes that Darren Till may have hooked a bigger catch than he expected by calling him out. read news >>

UFC Broadcaster Joe Rogan Making His Studio Great Again | MMAWeekly.com

UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan has his own popular podcast. He is adding a little American flair to make his podcast studio great again. read news >>

Rob Font unfazed by Pedro Munhoz's ground game – and might earn his own black belt

Rob Font believes he can find a finish wherever his UFC Fight Night 119 meeting with Pedro Munhoz goes, “but I really want to get that second-round knockout.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

How Tyson Nam went from big-show flameout to 'The King of Russia'

The last time Tyson Nam knocked out a world-class competitor, it brought his MMA career to a full stop. This time, he’s capitalizing on momentum.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, PFL, UFC read news >>