#Conor McGregor #Bellator 179 #UFC 211 #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Jon Jones #UFC 202 #Stipe Miocic #Demian Maia #Junior dos Santos

On Saturday night, Tyrone Spong will compete in a different kind of fight.

The accomplished heavyweight kickboxer will make his mixed martial arts debut at 205 pounds against nine-fight pro Travis Bartlett (pictured, left) at the World Series of Fighting’s inaugural event at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. Spong’s bout, along with the rest of the main card, airs live on NBC Sports Network. Meanwhile, the preliminary proceedings stream immediately prior on Sherdog.com.

Despite Spong’s Nov. 3 showdown with Bartlett serving as his foray under mixed rules, Spong, 27, says he feels no pressure in transitioning from kickboxing to MMA.

“I’m very happy to be here. I like challenges,” Spong said at Thursday’s pre-fight press conference. “I’ve achieved a lot in kickboxing, and I just needed something new. I came to the states and trained with a lot of MMA guys and thought I’d give it a chance. [There is] no pressure. I believe in myself, and I’m doing this for myself. Of course, I would like to put on a great fight for the fans and the people who stand behind me, but I’m just looking forward to this Saturday.”

One of the fighters with which the Surinamese-born Dutchman has trained is Anthony Johnson, a fellow member of the Florida-based Blackzilians camp. Known to most fans as “Rumble,” Johnson formerly competed for the UFC at 170 pounds and now makes his WSOF debut as a light heavyweight against Bellator veteran D.J. Linderman. According to Spong and Johnson, their collaboration in training has proved fruitful for both parties.

“I’ve benefited a lot from training with Anthony,” Spong said. “He’s experienced and has a good wrestling background. Everybody knows I need to work on my ground game. For him to work with me and point out the things I need to work on, I have benefited a lot.”

Spong likely hopes to use those newfound wrestling skills to keep the fight standing, where he should -- on paper, at least -- outclass his opponent. However, Bartlett -- a heavy-handed southpaw -- says that if Spong wants to go toe-to-toe, he will oblige the highly-regarded striker. According to the American, he will try to take Spong down only if the kickboxer keeps his distance and looks to attack primarily with leg kicks.

“I have no secrets. I fight one way,” said Bartlett. “If he wants to see who can own the real estate, I’m [in]. If he’s playing the leg kick game, then I’m going to have to pressure him and go for shots. But if he wants to go mano-a-mano in the middle of the cage, I’m up for it.”

James Nakashima Says He's the Most Compete Fighter That He Knows Ahead of LFA 11 | MMAWeekly.com

James Nakashima (6-0) returns for his first bout of 2017 when he takes on LaRue Burley (7-2) in a main card 170-pound bout on Friday in Phoenix at LFA 11. read news >>

Justin Gaethje on new UFC deal: 'Now I get a chance to prove I'm the best in the world'

Former WSOF lightweight champ Justin Gaethje made it clear from the moment he announced his UFC deal that he wanted only top competition. Now he’s calling them out by name.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Lightweight champ Michael Chandler discusses goals for Bellator 180 and beyond

When it comes to his long-term goals, Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler feels there’s a lot more work to be done.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC, Videos read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 211

Ahead of UFC 211, UFC Fight Pass analyst Dan Hardy and broadcast partner John Gooden break down Saturday’s co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Stipe Miocic joins the podcast

UFC Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic calls in ahead of his rematch with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211. Plus, Jim hosts the show solo and talks to Chris The Producer about the Canelo vs. Chavez, Jr. f read news >>

Video: Ahead of UFC 211, watch Junior Dos Santos' 2010 knockout of Gabriel Gonzaga

Watch the full fight between Junio Dos Santos and Gabriel Gonzaga, which took place March 21, 2010, at UFC on Versus 1.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demian Maia cleaned his mind of title shot talk ahead of UFC 211 bout with Jorge Masvidal

DALLAS – Demian Maia is not wasting time or energy obsessing about fighting for the welterweight title ahead of his UFC 211 clash with Jorge Masvidal.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>