#Cris Cyborg #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Nate Diaz #Angela Magana #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Jon Jones #UFC 202

Fresh off a vicious knockout of Jay Hieron in his UFC debut on Saturday, Tyron Woodley is hoping for a busy year in the Octagon.

In fact, he’s already told UFC President Dana White that he’ll be available if someone drops out of the March 16 showdown between Carlos Condit and Rory MacDonald. It’s MacDonald in particular that Woodley has his eye on.

“I want to fight him,” Woodley told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “If anything happens with Carlos Condit, God forbid, or something happens with that fight, I already told Dana White.”

It’s not that Woodley thinks the highly touted MacDonald is a slouch. Rather, now is the time to beat him, in Woodley’s view.

“Nobody’s calling him out for a reason,” Woodley said. “Because he’s freaking unreal. But if you wait, you think he’s going to stop getting better? In two years, this kid’s probably going to be one of the best fighters in the game. I’d rather knock his butt off now like I knocked off [Tarec Saffiedine’s] just before he got the Strikeforce gold.”

There has also been some discussion among fans of a matchup between Woodley and fellow UFC 156 winner Demian Maia, who outgrappled and outpointed Jon Fitch on Saturday. Woodley isn’t too interested, though.

“Everybody’s been Tweeting about it,” he said. “I don’t mind the fight. If he fights me the way he fought Fitch, then it’s not that dangerous of a fight. He just took him down and jumped on his back.”

Maia’s ability to take down Fitch didn’t surprise or impress Woodley, who said the canvas was “super slippery.”

“There was almost no traction and no way to defend,” Woodley said. “When [Maia] got on [Fitch’s] back, he just had no answer for it. I think Demian Maia’s tough. He just didn’t really impress me very much. I think if you match us up, it’s going to be a boring fight and we’re both going to get hella flak. I would rather fight [Nick] Diaz, Rory MacDonald, Condit. I would rather fight one of those guys, to be honest. They’re going to bring out the fight. They’re going to make me fight harder.”

Regardless of whom he fights next, Woodley believes he’ll eventually end up at the top.

“I’m not running from trying to earn it,” he said. “I’m not running from taking the fights. I’ll get there. I think definitely my talent level is definitely top 10. I think my thirst and hunger wants to fight the top five.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:02:24).

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal winner at UFC 211 gets champ Tyron Woodley next

Just hours before Demian Maia and Jorge Masvidal are scheduled to fight at UFC 211, the stakes have been raised even higher for the two welterweight contenders.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tyron Woodley Takes Demian Maia's Back at UFC Athlete Retreat | MMAWeekly.com

Tyron Woodley put his newfound backpack technique to work, taking Demian Maia's back at the UFC Athlete Retreat this weekend in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 211 results: Demian Maia takes split from Jorge Masvidal, earns title shot with Tyron Woodley

DALLAS – Demian Maia picked up his seventh straight win against a dangerous Jorge Masvidal and secured a shot at the welterweight title. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Demian Maia's UFC 211 victory over Jorge Masvidal to earn title shot

Demian Maia once again showcased his grappling brilliance at UFC 211 when he defeated Jorge Masvidal to solidify a future welterweight championship bout.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demian Maia Split Decisions Jorge Masvidal, Earns Title Shot (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia extended his winning streak to seven consecutive fights on Saturday by defeating Jorge Masvidal by split decision at UFC 211 in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

Demian Maia Grapples Decision From Jorge Masvidal (UFC 211 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the highlights from the welterweight bout between Demian Maia and Jorge Masvidal at UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 on Saturday in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

UFC 211 video highlights: Demian Maia def. Jorge Masvidal

At long last, Demian Maia is back in a UFC title fight. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC champ Tyron Woodley is really running with this backpack idea

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley has apparently begun his preparations for an anticipated bout with contender Demian Maia. And he’s not ditching that backpack comparison.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 179 weigh-in results, video: Paul Daley, Rory MacDonald cleared for headliner

Former UFC title challenger Rory MacDonald has been cleared for his Bellator debut, where he’ll take on British slugger Paul Daley in the headlining bout of Bellator 179.Filed under: Bellator, Featur read news >>