Travis Prangley at UFC 54Heading into the fourth round of his King of the Cage light heavyweight title fight against reigning champion Tony Lopez last December, Trevor Prangley felt he had the fight in hand, when an illegal knee didn’t so much change the outcome of the fight, but how it came about.

“I was getting a little tired in the fourth round and was taking a little break on the cage and (Lopez) threw an illegal knee to the head,” said Prangley. “It was obviously blatantly illegal and I wanted to take the time to recover. The doctors asked me if I wanted to fight and I said I did, but that my jaw was hurting real bad and he stopped the fight.

“I didn’t stop the fight. I didn’t quit or try to stop the fight. They stopped it. I’ve never quit in a fight. Anybody that knows my career knows that.”

The fight went to the judges following the foul and Prangley was declared the winner by technical decision.

The win gives Prangley four victories in a row; a streak he hopes to continue when he returns to KOTC Friday night in his hometown of Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, on MAV TV against Justin Davis, who is a late replacement for Brandon Anderson.

“(Whoever steps into the cage with me) I think they’ll face a calmer, more relaxed Trevor,” he said. “I’m able to put things together better and focus on putting a string of offense together rather than going out and just trying to kill them with every punch.

“Now I fight for the pleasure of it and it’s made a big difference in how I approach fights and how I perform.”

MAV TV is not the only place fans will have a chance to see Prangley on television this month, as his turn as Lord in the film Dragon Eyes with Cung Le, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Peter Weller continues to run all month on Cinemax.

“Cung Le called me up and asked me if I wanted to take a part in the movie and I said I’d love to,” said Prangley. “It turned out to be a little more of a part than I thought it would be, but it was just a great experience. It’s a lot easier than fighting, I can tell you that much.

“Cung did most of the choreography himself and we all added our own little twist to it. Cung and myself basically built that last fight scene on the set while we were doing it and I thought it turned out great.”

Turning back to Prangley’s fighting career, as he continues to dedicate more time to coaching in his gym, fighting is becoming less of a priority and he told MMAWeekly.com that he may step away from the cage sooner rather than later.

“I hope to get a rematch with Tony later on this year, because I normally don’t take things personally in this sport, but that one I’d like,” said Prangley. “Other than that, I consider this being my last year. I turn 41 this year, and I’ve had a long, good run and there’s no need to push my luck.

“I’ve accomplished what I set out to in this sport and whatever happens is icing on the top.”

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Inside the impressive career facts and figures for UFC 208 co-headliner Anderson Silva

Former longtime pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva once again returns to the octagon on Saturday when he takes on Derek Brunson in the UFC 208 co-main event. Get a look at his impressive career numb read news >>

Holm vs. De Randamie: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 208

The UFC will add a new champion to the fold when Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie close out UFC 208 on Saturday, February 11, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The main event features read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Looking to Solidify Fighting Career with UFC Title | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC will crown its first female 145-pound champion at UFC 208 on Saturday. Either Germaine de Randamie or Holly Holm will make history. read news >>

Anderson Silva Wins, Decisions Derek Brunson (UFC 208 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva picked up his 34th career win on Saturday when he defeated Derek Brunson by unanimous decision at UFC 208. read news >>

Fedor Intends to End His Career with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Former Pride champion Fedor Emelianenko doesn't appear likely to ever set foot in the Octagon. He wants to finish his career in the Bellator cage. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Informs UFC of Retirement from MMA, Removed from Drug Testing Pool

Brock Lesnar's mixed martial arts career appears to be over. A UFC spokesperson on Tuesday told MMA Fighting's Marc Raimondi the former UFC heavyweight champion informed the company of his retirement read news >>