#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Conor McGregor #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Travis Prangley at UFC 54Heading into the fourth round of his King of the Cage light heavyweight title fight against reigning champion Tony Lopez last December, Trevor Prangley felt he had the fight in hand, when an illegal knee didn’t so much change the outcome of the fight, but how it came about.

“I was getting a little tired in the fourth round and was taking a little break on the cage and (Lopez) threw an illegal knee to the head,” said Prangley. “It was obviously blatantly illegal and I wanted to take the time to recover. The doctors asked me if I wanted to fight and I said I did, but that my jaw was hurting real bad and he stopped the fight.

“I didn’t stop the fight. I didn’t quit or try to stop the fight. They stopped it. I’ve never quit in a fight. Anybody that knows my career knows that.”

The fight went to the judges following the foul and Prangley was declared the winner by technical decision.

The win gives Prangley four victories in a row; a streak he hopes to continue when he returns to KOTC Friday night in his hometown of Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, on MAV TV against Justin Davis, who is a late replacement for Brandon Anderson.

“(Whoever steps into the cage with me) I think they’ll face a calmer, more relaxed Trevor,” he said. “I’m able to put things together better and focus on putting a string of offense together rather than going out and just trying to kill them with every punch.

“Now I fight for the pleasure of it and it’s made a big difference in how I approach fights and how I perform.”

MAV TV is not the only place fans will have a chance to see Prangley on television this month, as his turn as Lord in the film Dragon Eyes with Cung Le, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Peter Weller continues to run all month on Cinemax.

“Cung Le called me up and asked me if I wanted to take a part in the movie and I said I’d love to,” said Prangley. “It turned out to be a little more of a part than I thought it would be, but it was just a great experience. It’s a lot easier than fighting, I can tell you that much.

“Cung did most of the choreography himself and we all added our own little twist to it. Cung and myself basically built that last fight scene on the set while we were doing it and I thought it turned out great.”

Turning back to Prangley’s fighting career, as he continues to dedicate more time to coaching in his gym, fighting is becoming less of a priority and he told MMAWeekly.com that he may step away from the cage sooner rather than later.

“I hope to get a rematch with Tony later on this year, because I normally don’t take things personally in this sport, but that one I’d like,” said Prangley. “Other than that, I consider this being my last year. I turn 41 this year, and I’ve had a long, good run and there’s no need to push my luck.

“I’ve accomplished what I set out to in this sport and whatever happens is icing on the top.”

Comments

Bellator 182 post-event facts: Unbeaten A.J. McKee makes history

Go inside the numbers from this past Friday’s Bellator 182 event in Verona, N.Y., which saw featherweight A.J. McKee set a new standard.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen happy with big win over Veta Arteaga, but in no rush with her career

After edging Veta Arteaga at Bellator 182 win, Bruna Ellen is satisfied with how the strategy to halt her opponent’s aggression panned out.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Stefan Struves on Alexander Volkov: 'I'm the Best Fighter That He's Faced in His Career' | MMAWeekly.com

Stefan Struve pulls no punches when it comes to his confidence going against Alexander Volkov read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2525 with 'GGG' trainer Abel Sanchez

Stream or download Friday’s episode of MMAjunkie Radio with guest Abel Sanchez.Filed under: News, Radio read news >>

ONE Championship 60 highlights: Ben Askren maintains title, perfect career mark

ONE Championship welterweight title holder Ben Askren is still unbeaten more than nine years into his professional career.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos read news >>

Ben Askren Faces Shinya Aoki in Retirement Fight in November | MMAWeekly.com

It appear Ben Askren's mixed martial arts career is nearly at an end. The reigning and defending ONE Championship welterweight champion will step back into the cage in November and then call it a car read news >>

A look at UFC champ Demetrious Johnson's career stats and records, including the big one

UFC flyweight champion and pound-for-pound great Demetrious Johnson returns to the octagon on Saturday in search of history in UFC 215’s headlining act. Check out his amazing career stats.Filed under read news >>

Just 1 year into pro career, UFC's Cynthia Calvillo looks for perfect 5-0 calendar year

A year into her pro MMA career, Cynthia Calvillo is already making a splash in the UFC. She hopes to conclude 2017 with a perfect 5-0 mark.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cody Garbrandt, Urijah Faber: T.J. Dillashaw trained dirty, ended Chris Holdsworth's career

Cody Garbrandt and Urijah Faber explain why T.J. Dillashaw is at least partially to blame for ending Chris Holdsworth’s career.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>