#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #Nate Diaz #GGG #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Time To Shine

Chad Griggs has been overlooked before, but Travis Browne won’t make that mistake when they meet April 21 at UFC 145.

“He has tons of heart,” Browne told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “He comes to fight every time, and you can’t take that away from him. He’s definitely that [opponent] you cannot overlook.”

Undefeated in 13 professional fights, Browne is seen as a quality prospect on his way up the UFC’s heavyweight ranks. Griggs is a hardnosed opponent, though, who’s already derailed one touted heavyweight’s fast track to the top. In August 2010, he handed Bobby Lashley the first loss of his career, forcing him to quit after the second round.

“I’ve been in his position, where I basically have nothing to lose and I have to try to do everything I can do to win,” Browne said. “I’ve been there, so I know what he’s going through. I’m going to have to fight with the same intensity and the same drive and the same intent to finish that fight.”

Griggs has lost just once, a submission defeat via kimura to Shane Ott in April 2007. Like Browne’s, his fights typically do not go the distance.

“Chad comes in and he tries to hit you and tries to hit you with everything he’s got,” Browne said. “It makes for a good style matchup for both of us. Sometimes I can get a little wide. Sometimes he can get a little wide. We’ll see who connects first and puts the other guy to sleep.”

Browne sees the matchup as a kind of eliminator between two entertaining heavyweights.

“It was one of those things where obviously [the UFC feels] like we’re at the same level,” he said. “He’s coming off three straight wins. I’m coming off two wins. I think they want to put two guys that have the potential to knock out somebody out -- they want to put them together and just kind of weed them out, see who’s moving forward and who needs to work on their game a little bit. That’s why they’re pitting both of us together.”

Of course, Browne is the favorite entering the fight, but he also knows Griggs has the potential to beat him.

“Right now he’s training to take away something from me that nobody else has been able to do yet,” Browne said. “At this point I look at him as the main threat. I take him just as seriously as I’ve taken anybody else that I’ve fought.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:34:26).

Galleries

Travis Browne Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

Why Dana White isn't attending Ronda Rousey's wedding

Unfortunately, Dana White has something going on that day and won’t be able to make it. to Ronda Rousey’s wedding.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne Wedding Day of Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

Former UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey will marry UFC heavyweight contender Travis Browne Saturday, the same day that Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor square off in their highly anticip read news >>

Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne Wedding: Attendees, Photos and Details%26#65279;

UFC fighter Travis Browne shared a photo from his wedding ceremony with fellow UFC star Ronda Rousey on Saturday in Hawaii. The couple became engaged in April. This article will be updated to provide read news >>

The First Ronda Rousey Wedding Pics Have Arrived | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne passed on the big Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor fight over the weekend, but they had a pretty good excuse. They were getting married. Yep, the happy couple finall read news >>

The photos are in: Ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne get married in Hawaii

The most dominant women’s champion in UFC history has been off the market for a while, and on Saturday, she made it official. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne Reveal Wedding Photo Gallery | MMAWeekly.com

While a couple photos leaked already, Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne have now revealed several wedding photos to the world. read news >>

Gabriel Gonzaga, professional boxer? 'Napao' debuts Oct. 28

Well, he won’t be able to throw any head kicks, but Gabriel Gonzaga is going to try his hand at, well, throwing hands at the professional level.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>