#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Paul Daley #Ovince St. Preux #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Javy Ayala

When looking at the current list of top ten competitors in the heavyweight division, there are only two names in the UFC that stand undefeated over the last two years.

One of them is UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos and the other is UFC on FX 5 headliner Travis Browne.

In the last two years since coming to the UFC, Browne has kept his record perfect while dispatching of four different opponents (and one draw to Cheick Kongo), and has looked very impressive along the way.

Browne put away Strikeforce transfer Chad Griggs in his last fight, and also has a knockout win to his credit over recent UFC on Fuel 5 main event winner Stefan Struve.

Quietly, Browne has amassed a great record in the UFC, pushed his way into the top ten, and now gets his first chance at a main event when he takes on Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva at UFC on FX 5 this weekend.

Still through it all, Browne has remained one of the quietest guys in the division when it comes to title shot talk. It’s not because he doesn’t deserve it, but Browne won’t be the one calling for it to happen.

“I’m a firm believer in that. Once you start putting in your time and once you start developing into the fighter you need to develop into, other people do the talking for you,” Browne told MMAWeekly.com.

“That’s one thing I guess in a sense I’m kind of prideful cause I don’t like to talk about myself. I want to put on such a good performance that other people talk for me and that my reputation is built on what I did and not what I said.”

Browne isn’t a big believer in calling out other fighters or demanding any kind of match-up from UFC officials. He knows that if he goes out and competes and continues on his current winning streak, he will be placed into the biggest fights because he earned it, not because he talked about it.

“You know Joe Silva and Dana White, the reason the UFC’s where it’s at is because of those guys and the matches they’ve made in the past. I put my trust in them, that’s kind of something you do when you sign up with the UFC, and it’s worked for me,” said Browne.

“They’ve put me in a position to succeed and I’ve just taken advantage of the time that they’ve given me.”

With his first main event fight on the horizon, Browne’s status as the quiet contender may soon fade away because all eyes will be on him this Friday when he faces Silva in Minnesota.

If Browne wins again that will put his current undefeated streak in the UFC at five wins, and it will be hard to deny him being placed into contender status. Everyone might be talking about that come Saturday morning but Travis Browne won’t be one of them.

He’ll just be awaiting the call from UFC matchmaker Joe Silva like an assassin getting his next job assignment, where he will once again quietly creep up on the competition.

“I don’t mind flying under the radar. I let my performances speak for themselves and that’s something that I’m going to do whether I’m a champion, whether I’m not a champion, or where I’m at in the division,” Browne stated.

“I want to be as good as I can be for every fight I get and eventually my title shot will come.”

For more news and rumors make sure you’re following MMAWeekly.com on Twitter!

Galleries

Travis Browne Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

The photos are in: Ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne get married in Hawaii

The most dominant women’s champion in UFC history has been off the market for a while, and on Saturday, she made it official. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne Wedding: Attendees, Photos and Details%26#65279;

UFC fighter Travis Browne shared a photo from his wedding ceremony with fellow UFC star Ronda Rousey on Saturday in Hawaii. The couple became engaged in April. This article will be updated to provide read news >>

How Can Conor McGregor Top the Floyd Mayweather Fight? How About UFC Ownership?

Lost in the clamorous rush toward last weekend's mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor was a potential blockbuster development in the relationship between McGregor and the UFC. F read news >>

The First Ronda Rousey Wedding Pics Have Arrived | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne passed on the big Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor fight over the weekend, but they had a pretty good excuse. They were getting married. Yep, the happy couple finall read news >>

Dana White: Refunds in works for UFC.tv customers who missed Mayweather-McGregor fight

After promising to take care of fans left out by technical difficulties, the UFC will attempt to make things right with refunds.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Issues Statement on Refunds for Mayweather vs. McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

The biggest fight of the year also ended up as the most problematic. Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor was undoubtedly the most watched combat sports event in 2017, but unfortunately the demands read news >>

Watch Stefan Struve Make Short Work of Lavar Johnson (UFC Rotterdam Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Stefan Struve submit Lavar Johnson in 2012. read news >>

UFC and 7-Eleven, Inc. Sign Sponsorship Agreement

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new agreement with 7-Eleven®, the world’s largest convenience store chain, in which the industry-leader will serve as the read news >>

DWCS winner Julian Marquez to make debut vs. Vitor Miranda at UFC on FOX 26

How will Julian Marquez follow up his ferocious win on Dana White’s Contender Series?Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

DWCS 8 results: Matt Frevola, Lauren Mueller punch their tickets to UFC with impressive wins

Undefeated lightweight Matt Frevola kept his record perfect with a second-round submission win over a previously unbeaten Luke Flores and securing a UFC contract in the process.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>