Miguel Torres (file photo) has lost sleep over the decision at UFC 130. | Photo: Sherdog.com

The unanimous decision Miguel Torres dropped to Demetrious Johnson at UFC 130 has been a tough one to swallow.

“I haven’t been able to sleep,” Torres said during a June 3 “Savage Dog Show” interview. “I just keep replaying things in my mind.”

All three judges -- Dave Hagen, Glenn Trowbridge and Tony Weeks -- scored the fight 29-28 for Johnson.

“Demetrious did a good job. He was real tough,” Torres said. “I just thought I was on offense the whole fight. I had him defending. I thought I landed 100 percent of the strikes. … I don’t take anything away from him. I just thought I did enough to secure a victory, but the judges didn’t see it that way and it is what it is.”

Torres said he knew he’d won the opening round. He thought the second was close but that he deserved it on account of his active guard. In the third, he swept Johnson and took full mount with roughly two minutes left. His corner instructed him to keep position and ride out the win.

“I was doing that,” Torres said, “and I started hearing people, ‘He’s just dry humping him, stand them up! He’s not doing anything!’ When you’ve got a really short guy like that and you try to throw elbows and try to hit him, he’s going to scramble to get out. I started hearing these things, and I was like, ‘Man, I don’t want to win another fight just by laying in the mount.’ … I went for attacks. I went for it and I paid the price.”

Johnson eventually escaped to his feet and hit another takedown, which might have swayed the judges. Overall, Torres feels the officials gave the win to the fighter on top rather than the fighter who was attacking the most. He explained that coach Firas Zahabi had warned him along those lines.

“My trainer, Firas, wanted me to hold position more and not attack submissions so much because going into it, we knew he was a good scrambler and he’s really short, has short limbs and a short, stocky neck,” Torres said. “I wanted to attack. I wanted to put on a show for the fans. I didn’t want to lay on the guy and not do anything. Maybe in hindsight I should have done that.”

Plenty of what-ifs have swirled through Torres’ mind since the loss. Now he wants to get back in the cage as soon as possible, and it sounds like he’ll change his approach for the next fight.

“It was frustrating, but like I said, I know what to do for my next fight,” Torres said. “People might not like it. It might be a little boring, but the biggest thing is to secure a win however I can. If that means laying on somebody or just holding them down, it’s going to have to be that way.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:00:08).

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my progress since first loss

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Jason Gonzalez: I want rematch with Dober because 'I kind of dropped the ball'

DENVER – Per standard post-fight speak, Jason Gonzalez said he would take whatever his promoter offered him next after his first octagon win at Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23. But the lightweight wants a r read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my process since first loss

DENVER – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at UFC on FO read news >>

DJ says he'd consider going after second belt

DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON WOULD CONSIDER CHASING SECOND UFC BELT 'IF THE MONEY'S RIGHT' By NESN Staff read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 results: Undersized Marcel Fortuna KOs Anthony Hamilton in first

HOUSTON – Anthony Hamilton’s aggression cost him dearly against Marcel Fortuna.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Wilson Reis is going to call out flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson if victorious at UFC 208

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – UFC flyweight Wilson Reis went from a title shot against champ Demetrious Johnson to a preliminary-card bout against the unranked Ulka Sasaki.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

UFC 208 results: Islam Makhachev works over Nik Lentz for dominant unanimous decision

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Islam Makhachev dominated Nik Lentz for the full three rounds in a one-sided fight that only got worse for Lentz as time went on. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208 results: Wilson Reis outgrapples Ulka Sasaki for unanimous decision

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Ulka Sasaki had the right idea against Wilson Reis: crouch low and fight long. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>