Johny Hendricks at UFC 141UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was recently cast to star in Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier as villain Batroc the Leaper.  The sequel to the 2011 blockbuster Captain America: The First Avenger is expected to hit theaters on April 4, 2014, with production wrapping up this fall.

Top UFC welterweight contender Johny Hendricks would like for the fight to happen in August, but will wait for his title shot until St-Pierre’s return.

“If he wants to do that, more power to him.  Now I have it.  Now I know I have that fight.  Nothing stands in my way between me and GSP.  That was my main concern right there, to make sure I’m the No. 1 contender and no one can steal that spot,” said Hendricks about the possibility of waiting until the fall or even winter to face the champion.

“It doesn’t bother me to know that I’d like to fight in August, but if it’s September I’m fine with that too,” Hendricks told Knockout Radio, an official MMAWeekly.com content partner.

If St-Pierre is unable to defend his title until the end of the year, Hendricks will not accept a fight before facing the titleholder.

“I’d say no way,” said Hendricks when asked whether he’d take another fight if offered.  “If he gets to wait, then I want to wait for him.”

St-Pierre’s last four fights have taken place in his home country of Canada.  Hendricks doesn’t care where the two fight as long as they do fight.

“Hey, I do not care, you know what I mean?  I don’t care where it’s at.  I just want a shot at that belt so bad I can almost taste it,” he said.  “Nothing else matters but getting that belt.”

Hendricks earned his title shot by defeating Carlos Condit at UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz on March 16.  In the second and third rounds, Hendricks put his wrestling ability on display, something that gets overlooked behind his one-punch knockout power.

St-Pierre utilizes his wrestling ability to dominate his opponents with top control, but Hendricks doesn’t think the champion will be able to do that to him.

“I wrestled Division I.  I was a national champion, but here in the MMA world people act like I don’t have wrestling,” said Hendricks. “One thing I think I did showcase is that my wrestling is just as strong, if not stronger, that GSP’s.”

We won’t know for sure whose MMA wrestling is superior until St-Pierre and Hendricks set foot in the Octagon together, but that is no longer a question of if, but when.

Listen to Knockout Radio every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. EST on MMAWeekly.com and follow them on Twitter.

UFC Fight Night 105's Johny Hendricks now serious about retirement talk if 185 doesn't work out

Johny Hendricks has talked about the possibility of retirement before. It came recently, in fact.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC Fight Night 105, with Derrick Lewis and Johny Hendricks in key bouts

The UFC is in one of those funky periods when the majority of its fight cards lack the type of name fighters that bring the casual fans out of the woodwork, but Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 event is read news >>

Ex-champ Johny Hendricks promises rebirth of fallen career at UFC Fight Night 105

HALIFAX – Johny Hendricks has a pep in his step that he said has been absent for several years as he approaches Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 showdown with Hector Lombard.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

Twitter reacts to Johny Hendricks' first middleweight win at UFC Fight Night 105

A new weight class marked a new chapter of career success for Johny Hendricks.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105 results: Johny Hendricks outpoints Hector Lombard in middleweight debut

HALIFAX – Johny Hendricks found a little extra pop in his new weight class, and that may have made the difference against Hector Lombard down the stretch.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Johny Hendricks Upends Hector Lombard in Successful Middleweight Debut (UFC Halifax Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Johny Hendricks really had no option but to move to middleweight, but he looked good in his debut, getting the better of Hector Lombard at UFC Fight Night 105. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105 video highlights: Johny Hendricks vs. Hector Lombard

Check out highlights of former welterweight champion Johny Hendricks’ middleweight debut victory over Hector Lombard at UFC Fight Night 105.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Johny Hendricks Wants Georges St. Pierre Fight, Says He Would 'Beat His Face In'

New UFC middleweight Johny Hendricks has called on the organisation to pit him against the returning Georges St. Pierre in a rematch, and he believes he would easily beat the MMA legend at 185 pounds read news >>

Derrick Lewis Goes Full Beast Mode on Travis Browne (UFC Halifax Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Johny Hendricks in his UFC middleweight debut victory over Hector Lombard at UFC Fight Night 105 on Sunday in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. read news >>

Hendricks vs. Lombard Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 105

For the first time since UFC 185, Johny Hendricks is in the win column. At UFC Fight Night 105, the former welterweight champion likely saved his career by taking a unanimous decision win at the expe read news >>