#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Nate Diaz #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Time To Shine

Tom DeBlass

UFC middleweight Tom DeBlass has retired from mixed martial arts following his UFC on Fuel TV 6: Franklin vs. Le loss to Riki Fukuda.

DeBlass was a Ring of Combat veteran who held the promotion’s titles in the heavyweight and light heavyweight divisions.  He made is UFC debut at UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva in April.  He came into the UFC undefeated, but lost both of his bouts inside the famed Octagon.

DeBlass announced his retirement via his facebook account.

“After a lot of talk with my family and Coaches. I have decided to retire from fighting and focus on my family, my Academy, and helping my students to achieve their goals. I have had the opportunity to win the Pan American games, the No Gi World Championships, and National Championships, the Abu Dhabi trials and compete in Abu Dhabi. I have competed all over the world at 30 years old. I fought for Ring of Combat and won their titles. I made it to UFC in a year and a half. I know I am no where near my prime, however I feel my time is better spent else where. At this time I feel it’s best for me to give my time to others, and spend more time with my family. The drive to keep fighting is not there any longer. I have an amazing Academy and feel my students need my full attention. Maybe I will return to Jiu-Jitsu competition. Thanks to everyone for the support. It’s been an awesome ride. God Bless. — with OceanCounty Jiu-Jitsu,” he wrote.

DeBlass walks away from fighting with an overall 7-2 professional record.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest UFC news and updates.

Comments

Alex White Retires Mitch Clarke (UFC 215 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Alex White's victory over Mitch Clarke at UFC 215 on Saturday in Edmonton. read news >>

Luke Rockhold Plans Move to Light Heavyweight After Daniel Cormier Retires | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has some unfinished business in the UFC middleweight division, but it doesn't sound like the former champion plans on staying at 185 pounds that much longer. On Saturday night, Rockhold read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116 Results: Luke Rockhold Wins Main Event via Submission

Luke Rockhold made a bold proclamation that he's back with a second-round submission of David Branch in the main event of UFC Fight Night 116 from PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh. The bout marked the read news >>

Mike Perry Earns Bonus for Quick KO (UFC Pittsburgh Fighter Bonuses) | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the winners of the fighter bonuses following Saturday's UFC Fight Night 116 event in Pittsburgh. Mike Perry, Gregor Gillespie, Jason Gonzalez, and Uriah H read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116 draws announced crowd of 7,005 in Pittsburgh for lowest 2017 live gate

UFC Fight Night 116 had the lowest live gate of the year. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116: Rockhold vs. Branch Gate and Attendance from Pittsburgh | MMAWeekly.com

Gate and attendance figures from Saturday's UFC Fight Night 116: Rockhold vs. Branch in Pittsburgh. read news >>

'Corrupt' and 'rigged:' MMA fighters react to controversial Canelo-GGG judging

See how UFC and MMA fighters reacted to the controversial judging that led to Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin fighting to a draw.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold Wins but Stays in Middleweight Shadows

Last June, Luke Rockhold defended the UFC middleweight championship against Michael Bisping. Bisping, a seasoned veteran who had never even earned a title shot, took the fight against Rockhold on lat read news >>

Watch Daniel Spitz's entire 24-second thrashing of Anthony Hamilton at UFC-Pittsburgh

Watch the full fight between Daniel Spitz and Anthony Hamilton at UFC Fight Night 116 in Pittsburgh – all 24 seconds of it.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch Mike Perry's devastating knee finish of Alex Reyes at UFC-Pittsburgh

Check out Mike Perry’s brutal knee knockout of Alex Reyes in the UFC Fight Night 116 co-main event in Pittsburgh.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>