#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #UFC 211 #Ben Askren #Shinya Aoki #Nate Diaz #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Angela Lee #Jon Jones #Justin Buchholz #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Istela Nunes #Duane Ludwig

Tito Ortiz at the UFC 148 press conferenceUFC Hall of Famer and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz is a fan of current light heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones, but took offense to recent comments Jones made about him in an interview.

Ortiz gave his side of the story to MMAWeekly.com concerning Jones’ recent statements about him and Jones’ role in the cancellation of UFC 151.

“The situation happened with UFC 151.  He was supposed to fight Dan Henderson.  He gets hurt a week before the fight. (The UFC) said you’re going to fight Chael (Sonnen).  He said, no way, and he got a bunch of flack for it.  All the fighters said he wasn’t a true fighter and no one has ever done this before.  It’s crazy.  I thought it was crazy and I stood up for the kid,” said Ortiz.

“I like Jon Jones.  I think he’s a great champion.  I think he’s a great guy.  I’ve hung out with him in Vegas, and I really took a liking to the kid. All of a sudden, I heard an interview from him saying people need to stop comparing me to Tito Ortiz because I don’t talk about money.  That was like a stab in my back.  I was like, I stood up for you.  When no one else did, I stood up for you and you turn around and say something like that,” Ortiz stated.

While Ortiz was originally supportive of Jones’ decision to decline a short-notice fight with Sonnen, his opinion has changed slightly.

“Dana said it best himself.  He’s never had this happen from a fighter before where he pulled out of a fight.  I never did in my career.  I fought guys no matter what.  It was about what I was worth, not talking about money because I didn’t have a manager.  I was the guy taking the flack for it,” said the former champion.

The angered Ortiz believes instead of criticizing him, Jones should be praising him for laying the foundation for fighters to apply leverage at the negotiating table with the UFC brass.

“You’ve got to understand.  When you’re traveling around in your Bentley – I don’t know if he still has it anymore since he wrecked it into a tree – but when you’re traveling around in your Bentley, you’ve got to understand.  I’m a person who put their life on the line and my career and my image and my name on the line to battle for you to have the type of contract you have and the money you’re making,” said the UFC Hall of Famer.  “If it weren’t for the things I’ve battle for, and took the bad image for it, you’d be traveling around in a Toyota right now.

“I took a lot of flack for negotiating and battling for what I believed in,” continued Ortiz. “It wasn’t a factor of talking about money.  It was a factor of what I thought I was worth. I was trying to raise the bar for all fighters, and I think I’ve done that.  For him to say the things he’s saying, don’t disrespect me like that.”

At the end of the day, Ortiz is still a fan of Jon Jones, but didn’t take kindly to the comments Jones has made.

“I was just disappointed, very, very disappointed with Jon. Maybe the stardom is getting to his head.  Like I said, I took a liking to Jon Jones, but I was just really disappointed with that interview.   That’s all I’ve got to say about that.”

For more, listen to MMAWeekly.com’s exclusive extended audio interview with Tito Ortiz.

Daniel Cormier Responds to Jon Jones Saying He’s Not a Champion | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former titleholder Jon Jones have a storied history. Jones holds a win over Cormier. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones Fight Rematch Announced for UFC 214

The UFC announced Friday that light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier will face Jon "Bones" Jones in the main event of UFC 214. It will mark the second meeting between Cormier and Jones, as Jones w read news >>

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones Get Heated in Confirming Their UFC 214 Bout | MMAWeekly.com

As expected, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones will rematch at UFC 214 on July 29, but the fight announcement wasn't exactly a smooth rollout. read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier believes Jon Jones is a life-long cheater, justifies mocking drug use

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has shown time and time again that, when it comes to trash talk, Jon Jones’ troubled past with drugs is fair game. Did he just cross the line?Filed under read news >>

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones Disagree on Backstage Altercation Details | MMAWeekly.com

The rivalry between UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former champion Jon Jones is one of the most intense feuds in UFC history. read news >>

Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones get heated backstage and onstage at 'UFC Summer Kickoff' event

Despite an endless parade of delays, cancellations and unforeseen circumstances, the hatred between UFC lightweight heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former champ Jon Jones appears to be runnin read news >>

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk plans on being two-division titleholder

DALLAS – Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is back on some familiar turf this week for her UFC 211 co-headliner. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Opening odds for Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 favor ex-UFC champ

As expected Jon Jones has opened as the favorite over his rival and the current UFC light-heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones To Daniel Cormier: ‘You’re Not a Champion’ | MMAWeekly.com

Despite Daniel Cormier currently possessing the UFC light heavyweight championship, Jon Jones doesn't consider him a champion. read news >>

One more time: Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones title rematch set for UFC 214 on July 29

The UFC will once again will tempt fate by booking a rematch between UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former titleholder Jon Jones. This time it’s teed up for the main event of UFC 2 read news >>