#Conor McGregor #Justin Buchholz #Dynasty of Heroes #UFC 211 #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Nate Diaz #Duane Ludwig #Cat Zingano #Twisted #Jon Jones #MMA KINGS #Fight One #Alexander Gustafsson #Rory MacDonald

Tim Hague at UFC 109Following his release from the UFC in 2010, heavyweight Tim “Trashing Machine” Hague picked up back-to-back wins before an admittedly lackluster performance against Mike Hackert in May derailed his momentum.

“I didn’t really do anything well,” said Hague. “He basically beat me with cardio, so that’s what I needed to work on the most and that’s what I worked on. I just re-dedicated myself to training and diet. That’s about it. I’m ready for this (rematch). That’s all I can say and I’ll prove it when I get into the ring.”

As Hague mentioned, he will be meeting back up with Hackert, this time at MFC 34 on Aug. 10 on AXS TV. Hague told MMAWeekly.com it was pretty much this rematch or nothing.

“That’s the only fight I wanted,” he said. “If I didn’t get that fight, I was going to take a break for a while. I’m thankful that (MFC president) Mark Pavelich was able to set it up and I’m prepared.”

Hague feels his cardio let him down in the first fight, thus his focus has been on when to apply the right amount of energy and capitalize on what he learned from their May fight.

“I’m ready to push the pace when I need to, and I also know that staying calm and relaxed is important,” said Hague. “I’m ready to both when I need to.

“He was able to move a little quicker than me. So I’ve trained for that, and I think the fans are in for an exciting finish this time around.”

A win on a nationally televised event could go a long way towards rebuilding Hague’s career, but as he states, the only thing that’s on his mind is good, old-fashioned revenge.

“I haven’t really thought past this fight at all,” he said. “It’s the only thing I’m really focused on. I guess I could say I’m a little obsessed with this fight.

“Beating Hackert is the only motivation I need. He embarrassed me in the first fight, and I have a one track mind, so smashing him is the only thing I can think of.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Longtime UFC veteran Nik Lentz announces departure from American Top Team, figuring out future plans

Nik Lentz today announced he’s no longer a part of American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Fla., ending a five-year relationship with the famed MMA training center.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demian Maia cleaned his mind of title shot talk ahead of UFC 211 bout with Jorge Masvidal

DALLAS – Demian Maia is not wasting time or energy obsessing about fighting for the welterweight title ahead of his UFC 211 clash with Jorge Masvidal.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Matt Hamill Wins First Fight in 5 Years in Devastating Fashion (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran Matt Hamill won his first fight in nearly five years this weekend, and he did so in devastating fashion. read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Veteran broadcaster Michael Schiavello discusses his AXS TV Fights departure

Michael Schiavello is heading home, though it’s a bittersweet departure for the veteran AXS TV Fights play-by-play man.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, Radio Highlight, Videos read news >>

Could Vitor Belfort Be Headed to Bellator After Final UFC Fight? | MMAWeekly.com

Instead of retirement after UFC 212, might Vitor Belfort be heading for fights with Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen? read news >>

UFC on FOX 25 adds Junior Albini vs. Timothy Johnson

A heavyweight matchup between newcomer Junior Albini and veteran Timothy Johnson is headed to UFC on FOX 25.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tickets on sale today for UFC 213 ($395 in the door), TUF 25 Finale ($45) in Las Vegas

If you’re heading to Las Vegas this summer for the annual “International Fight Week,” you can get your tickets today for the pair of cards headlining the week. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

After 2-fight featherweight experiment, UFC's Renan Barao reportedly heading back to bantamweight

After a two-fight run as a featherweight, former bantamweight champion Renan Barao appears to be ready to move back to 135 pounds. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>