#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Dominick Cruz #Donald Cerrone #UFC Fight Night 118 #Cody Garbrandt #Felice Herrig

Tim Hague at UFC 109Following his release from the UFC in 2010, heavyweight Tim “Trashing Machine” Hague picked up back-to-back wins before an admittedly lackluster performance against Mike Hackert in May derailed his momentum.

“I didn’t really do anything well,” said Hague. “He basically beat me with cardio, so that’s what I needed to work on the most and that’s what I worked on. I just re-dedicated myself to training and diet. That’s about it. I’m ready for this (rematch). That’s all I can say and I’ll prove it when I get into the ring.”

As Hague mentioned, he will be meeting back up with Hackert, this time at MFC 34 on Aug. 10 on AXS TV. Hague told MMAWeekly.com it was pretty much this rematch or nothing.

“That’s the only fight I wanted,” he said. “If I didn’t get that fight, I was going to take a break for a while. I’m thankful that (MFC president) Mark Pavelich was able to set it up and I’m prepared.”

Hague feels his cardio let him down in the first fight, thus his focus has been on when to apply the right amount of energy and capitalize on what he learned from their May fight.

“I’m ready to push the pace when I need to, and I also know that staying calm and relaxed is important,” said Hague. “I’m ready to both when I need to.

“He was able to move a little quicker than me. So I’ve trained for that, and I think the fans are in for an exciting finish this time around.”

A win on a nationally televised event could go a long way towards rebuilding Hague’s career, but as he states, the only thing that’s on his mind is good, old-fashioned revenge.

“I haven’t really thought past this fight at all,” he said. “It’s the only thing I’m really focused on. I guess I could say I’m a little obsessed with this fight.

“Beating Hackert is the only motivation I need. He embarrassed me in the first fight, and I have a one track mind, so smashing him is the only thing I can think of.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Derrick Lewis Says He Is 'Not Focused' Heading into UFC 216 Fight Against Werdum

Derrick Lewis is jovial and entertaining on social media, but when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, Texas, Lewis showed off his heart. And the effects of that storm are still weighing on the UFC heavywe read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 medical suspensions: No tapping gets Yushin Okami 45 days

UFC veteran Yushin Okami didn’t appear to have much choice in the matter, but his lack of tap against Ovince Saint Preux brings a 45-day suspension.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ian McCall fires manager, then gets release from UFC after $100,000 demand

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall today asked for his release from UFC contract after the promotion denied his demand for a $100,000 payout in his next fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC veteran Kyle Noke has 'that fire again,' announces return from retirement

UFC veteran Kyle Noke is the latest to end a short-lived retirement from MMA competition. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC Fighter Shayna Baszler Inks a Deal to Join WWE | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight competitor and "Ultimate Fighter" veteran Shayna Baszler has officially joined the WWE roster. WWE officials announced the news on Tuesday. Just recently, Baszler comp read news >>

Matt Schnell knew UFC job was at stake in 'loser-leaves-town' match at UFC 216

Matt Schnell had no doubt in his mind his spot on the roster was at stake at UFC 216Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson was Injured Going into UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

You'd never have known it, but Demetrious Johnson was injured heading into his UFC 216 flyweight title defense against Ray Borg. read news >>

After wild UFC 216 result, Bobby Green says judges aren't looking at right things

UFC lightweight veteran Bobby Green would rather hand off judging duties to his peers, biased as they might be, than those professionally tasked to score fights.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bryan Caraway vs. Luke Sanders added to UFC Fight Night 123 in December

A bantamweight matchup between an 8-time UFC veteran and a relative newcomer looking to rebound from his first professional loss has been added to UFC Fight Night 123.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Veteran UFC lightweight Michael Johnson wants top guys if he moves to featherweight

Michael Johnson, now 31, doesn’t have time to waste if he moves down to featherweight.Filed under: Featured, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>