Tim Hague at UFC 109Following his release from the UFC in 2010, heavyweight Tim “Trashing Machine” Hague picked up back-to-back wins before an admittedly lackluster performance against Mike Hackert in May derailed his momentum.

“I didn’t really do anything well,” said Hague. “He basically beat me with cardio, so that’s what I needed to work on the most and that’s what I worked on. I just re-dedicated myself to training and diet. That’s about it. I’m ready for this (rematch). That’s all I can say and I’ll prove it when I get into the ring.”

As Hague mentioned, he will be meeting back up with Hackert, this time at MFC 34 on Aug. 10 on AXS TV. Hague told MMAWeekly.com it was pretty much this rematch or nothing.

“That’s the only fight I wanted,” he said. “If I didn’t get that fight, I was going to take a break for a while. I’m thankful that (MFC president) Mark Pavelich was able to set it up and I’m prepared.”

Hague feels his cardio let him down in the first fight, thus his focus has been on when to apply the right amount of energy and capitalize on what he learned from their May fight.

“I’m ready to push the pace when I need to, and I also know that staying calm and relaxed is important,” said Hague. “I’m ready to both when I need to.

“He was able to move a little quicker than me. So I’ve trained for that, and I think the fans are in for an exciting finish this time around.”

A win on a nationally televised event could go a long way towards rebuilding Hague’s career, but as he states, the only thing that’s on his mind is good, old-fashioned revenge.

“I haven’t really thought past this fight at all,” he said. “It’s the only thing I’m really focused on. I guess I could say I’m a little obsessed with this fight.

“Beating Hackert is the only motivation I need. He embarrassed me in the first fight, and I have a one track mind, so smashing him is the only thing I can think of.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC on Fox 23 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into Fight Night 104

UFC on Fox 23 is in the books. The results are as follows: Main Card Valentina Shevchenko def. Julianna Pena via second-round submission Jorge Masvidal def. Donald Cerrone via second-round TKO Franci read news >>

Decade-Long UFC Veteran Thiago Tavares Exits Promotion | MMAWeekly.com

After spending the past decade under the UFC banner, Thiago Tavares has inked a multi-fight deal with a Brazilian promotion. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC 208

UFC Fight Night 104 is in the books. The results are as follows: Main Card Chan Sung Jung def. Dennis Bermudez, knockout (Round 1, 2:49) Felice Herrig def. Alexa Grasso, unanimous decision (29-28, 29 read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on Floyd Mayweather, UFC, More in Manchester Interview

Conor McGregor is never shy about saying what's on his mind, and that continued in an interview with Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting. The 28-year-old UFC champion discussed a variety of topics Saturday read news >>

UFC 208's Jim Miller: 'I can beat anybody that weighs in at 155 pounds,' including Conor McGregor

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – UFC veteran Jim Miller is back to feeling at his best, and in his opinion, that’s very bad news for the rest of the UFC lightweight division.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

UFC 208's Jarred Brooks (sorta) denies using slur toward UFC 208 opponent Ian McCall

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall may be fighting UFC newcomer Jarred Brooks on tonight’s UFC 208 preliminary card, but the heat between the two is main card-worthy.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC Fight Night 105

UFC 208 is in the books. The results are as follows: Germaine de Randamie def. Holly Holm by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47) Anderson Silva def. Derek Brunson by unanimous decision (29-28, 2 read news >>

Thiago Alves Moves Back to Welterweight at UFC 210 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran Thiago Alves is moving back to the welterweight division at UFC 210 after a failed attempt to make lightweight in his last outing. read news >>

Anderson Silva is Focused on the Fight, Not the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

It's easy to sit back and wonder what Anderson Silva still has to fight for, but he has plenty of reasons that he's returning to fight Derek Brunson. read news >>