#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Fight Night Rotterdam #Michael Bisping #Darren Till #Holly Holm #Anderson Silva

Rameau Thierry SokoudjouIf one thing has eluded former Pride FC star Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Nkamhoua throughout his career it’s been consistency. It seems like every time he’s taken one step forward, he takes a step back.

And while Sokoudjou has had trouble finding consistency, he has managed to rebound off of difficult times and prove he’s someone that cannot be counted out.

With that said, Sokoudjou is looking forward to making his Bellator debut on Friday after having lost his last two bouts, because he feels he can once again rebound and get things back on track.

“I’ve had a few tough years, but nothing worthwhile comes easy,” Sokoudjou told MMAWeekly.com. “I’ve had a bunch of up and downs, but that’s how life goes.

“I know I can do better. This time I made sure I’ve trained with the right people and did the right things and I’m ready.”

One thing Sokoudjou has done to make sure he doesn’t repeat the past is mix up his training routine.

“I think I’ve done a lot of things right since day one, but one thing I did wrong was train with the same guys over and over,” he said. “This time I went to different gyms, trained with different people who had different skills. Training with guys with different fight styles has helped this time.

“I can tell all the beautiful stories you want to hear, but when it comes to fight, everything comes out. I’ve done everything I can do to make sure my first fight in the US in a few years goes right.”

For his first fight in Bellator on Friday in Thackerville, Okla., Sokoudjou (14-12) will take on Terry Davinney (10-7), who is also looking to rebound off a two-fight losing streak.

“I know he’s a tough fighter, has a big left hand and is interesting because he changes his stance once in a while,” said Sokoudjou of Davinney. “I’ve just got to be myself. I’ve got to go there, blast him, take him down and beat him up.”

Having made changes of late to ensure he doesn’t fall into the same patterns he has in the past, going forward, Sokoudjou is focused on getting better and whatever comes of that is just a bonus.

“I know I’ve got the skills to be whatever I want to be, to do whatever I want to do, but I haven’t done that yet,” he said. “I feel like I can do better than I’ve done before.

“Championships come with good work. I don’t want to say I want to be a champion and just get there, I want to stay there. My goal is to get all the wins I can get and everything else will follow through.”

Comments

Patricky Freire sees Benson Henderson as tough foe, remains bothered by Josh Thomson

Patricky Freire headlines Bellator 183 against not only a former UFC champion – but also the last guy to beat his own brother. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Carlos Felipe flagged for potential USADA violation, pulled from UFC debut in Sao Paulo

Carlos Felipe was slated to make his UFC debut next month, but that’s not happening anymore.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator books Douglas Lima vs. Rory MacDonald title fight for Jan. 20

The Bellator welterweight title will be on the line in January.Filed under: Bellator read news >>

Rory MacDonald Tapped for Bellator Welterweight Championship | MMAWeekly.com

Rory MacDonald is only one fight deep into his Bellator tenure, but he's already been tapped to challenge for the championship. read news >>

Why you should really pay attention to Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183

There are certain fights that bring out your inner-fan, and Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183 is one of them. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi requested Alexander Shlemenko be drug tested for Bellator 185

When Bellator middleweight Gegard Mousasi heard he’d be fighting ex-champ Alexander Shlemenko, he requested drug testing. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

What to watch for when Benson Henderson returns vs. Patricky Freire in Bellator 183's headliner

What Benson Henderson and Patricky “Pitbull” Freire need to do to win in Saturday’s Bellator 183 headliner.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Roy Nelson: Bellator 'Actually Loves MMA…Reminds Me of the UFC 10 Years Ago' | MMAWeekly.com

It's been eight years since Roy Nelson last competed in a promotion other than the UFC but on Saturday night he will officially make his debut with Bellator MMA. Nelson, 41, didn't exactly have the b read news >>

Bellator 183 pre-event facts: Roy Nelson moves to Bellator with several UFC records in hand

For more on the numbers behind the fights, check below for 30 pre-event facts about Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin gives origin story of Paul Daley beef

Lorenz Larkin sees no need to dress up his fight with Paul Daley, and that’s his problem with the British striker. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>