After five long years without visiting to Brazil, Thiago Silva finally has an appointment to return to his homeland.

On June 8, Silva will face former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante at UFC on Fuel TV 10 “Nogueira vs. Werdum” in Fortaleza, Ceara. In a recent interview with Sherdog.com, Silva welcomed the opportunity to fight at home, but admitted he might have chosen a different opponent.

“The choice of location was excellent,” said the 30-year-old. “It’s very cool to fight in Brazil again. I haven’t visited for five years and haven’t fought there for seven. As for the opponent, since the fight is in Brazil, I would prefer an American, but work is work. I’ll give my best. Rafael is tough and it’s going to be a great show. It’ll be a brawl.”

With both 205-pounders known for their striking -- Silva and Cavalcante have a combined 21 stoppages in 25 wins -- Silva said the fight could be a slugfest.

“I know Rafael personally. He’s a tough fighter, a striker, like me, and we both have heavy hands. I don’t know if I’ll knock him out or submit him, but I want to win. It will be a war,” Silva enthused.

Silva and Cavalcante both hail from the state of Sao Paulo, so Paulo Sarasate Gymnasium in Fortaleza will be a “neutral ground.” However, Silva believes that the Brazilian crowd will expect action in the fight and will root for whoever is more aggressive.

“When I heard from my manager [Glenn Robinson], that the fight would be against Feijao in Fortaleza, I knew it would be a neutral venue, but it will be nice to hear the crowd. I’ve traveled the world and there’s nothing similar to the Brazilian fans,” Silva said. “I get a shiver just thinking about it.”

Even after twice being suspended for doping, and without a win since 2009, when he knocked out Keith Jardine, Silva does not feel that his job with the UFC is on the line.

“Actually, I don’t feel threatened,” said Silva. “I haven’t won in four fights, but the UFC treats me very well, despite the doping. I work very hard and put on a show, because nobody wants to see a lukewarm fight. I’ll avoid making mistakes and will look for the win, as always.”

Silva also praised his team, Florida’s Blackzilians camp, where he works alongside the likes of Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem and Rashad Evans.

“It’s a team of stars, but without stardom,” Silva laughed. “Inside the ring, we’re all common people, from the least famous to the most famous. There’s no special treatment. I spar with Overeem, Belfort, Tyrone Spong, Rashad, Anthony Johnson, not to mention the coaches. I have great resources available and I’m enjoying it.”

UFC on FOX 23's Nate Marquardt talks staving off retirement, fighting former training partner in Alvey

DENVER – It wasn’t that long ago that Nate Marquardt was ready to hang up his gloves and move on to something else. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Nate Diaz Wants to Box Because UFC Put Him on the Shelf | MMAWeekly.com

Nate Diaz recently applied for a boxing license because he is "being put on the shelf" by the UFC. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Hints at Upcoming UFC Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC has some upcoming fight cards to fill, and it appears one of them is going to feature strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk's return to the Octagon. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Jason Knight plans Caceres KO, new contract and callout of 'The Korean Superboy'

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Don’t accuse Jason Knight for being one of those UFC fighters who doesn’t think ahead each time he enters and exits the octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson rematch headlines UFC 210 in Buffalo

A light heavyweight title fight will headline UFC 210.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Returns in UFC 210 Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

This is one time where waiting pays off, as light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier returns at UFC 210 to put his belt on the line. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Alex Caceres won't trash talk fighter he doesn't know – or Jason Knight

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – UFC featherweight Alex Caceres’ manager texted him recently to ask whether he’d fight his next opponent. Caceres, though, just wanted the details of when. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23: Shevchenko vs. Pena Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC on FOX 23: Shevchenko vs. Pena full live results and fight stats. First fight is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, Jan. 28. read news >>

New division unleashed: Check out the 'UFC 208: Holm vs. De Randamie' extended preview

The UFC returns to New York for the third time in 14 weeks when it brings UFC 208 to Brooklyn next month. Check out the extended video preview for the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>