#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Saturday Night Fights #Conor McGregor #David Branch #GGG #DWTNCS #Nate Diaz #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping

After five long years without visiting to Brazil, Thiago Silva finally has an appointment to return to his homeland.

On June 8, Silva will face former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante at UFC on Fuel TV 10 “Nogueira vs. Werdum” in Fortaleza, Ceara. In a recent interview with Sherdog.com, Silva welcomed the opportunity to fight at home, but admitted he might have chosen a different opponent.

“The choice of location was excellent,” said the 30-year-old. “It’s very cool to fight in Brazil again. I haven’t visited for five years and haven’t fought there for seven. As for the opponent, since the fight is in Brazil, I would prefer an American, but work is work. I’ll give my best. Rafael is tough and it’s going to be a great show. It’ll be a brawl.”

With both 205-pounders known for their striking -- Silva and Cavalcante have a combined 21 stoppages in 25 wins -- Silva said the fight could be a slugfest.

“I know Rafael personally. He’s a tough fighter, a striker, like me, and we both have heavy hands. I don’t know if I’ll knock him out or submit him, but I want to win. It will be a war,” Silva enthused.

Silva and Cavalcante both hail from the state of Sao Paulo, so Paulo Sarasate Gymnasium in Fortaleza will be a “neutral ground.” However, Silva believes that the Brazilian crowd will expect action in the fight and will root for whoever is more aggressive.

“When I heard from my manager [Glenn Robinson], that the fight would be against Feijao in Fortaleza, I knew it would be a neutral venue, but it will be nice to hear the crowd. I’ve traveled the world and there’s nothing similar to the Brazilian fans,” Silva said. “I get a shiver just thinking about it.”

Even after twice being suspended for doping, and without a win since 2009, when he knocked out Keith Jardine, Silva does not feel that his job with the UFC is on the line.

“Actually, I don’t feel threatened,” said Silva. “I haven’t won in four fights, but the UFC treats me very well, despite the doping. I work very hard and put on a show, because nobody wants to see a lukewarm fight. I’ll avoid making mistakes and will look for the win, as always.”

Silva also praised his team, Florida’s Blackzilians camp, where he works alongside the likes of Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem and Rashad Evans.

“It’s a team of stars, but without stardom,” Silva laughed. “Inside the ring, we’re all common people, from the least famous to the most famous. There’s no special treatment. I spar with Overeem, Belfort, Tyrone Spong, Rashad, Anthony Johnson, not to mention the coaches. I have great resources available and I’m enjoying it.”

Comments

Amanda Nunes knows UFC is punishing her with co-main demotion, isn't worried about it

The women’s bantamweight champion simply plans on going out and defending her title at UFC 215.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215: Demetrious Johnson vs Ray Borg Media Call (FULL Audio) | MMAWeekly.com

Listen in on the UFC 215: Johnson vs. Borg media conference call featuring Demetrious Johnson, Ray Borg, Amanda Nunes, and Valentina Shevchenko. read news >>

Watch Alexander Volkov's One-Sided Win Over Roy Nelson (UFC Rotterdam Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Alexander Volkov's one-sided win over Roy Nelson. read news >>

Talita Oliveira not above UFC jitters ahead of last-minute debut: 'I'll be extremely stressed'

Despite a last-minute call to meet Marion Reneau in Rotterdam, Brazil’s Talita de Oliveira was “euphoric” to hear she’d made it to the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Sure, UFC's Marion Reneau will retire eventually – but on her own terms and timeline

UFC bantamweight Marion Reneau is not setting timeframes for her MMA retirement just yet since “40 is the new 20. Let’s just roll with that.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

John Dodson Announces His Fight Against Marlon Moraes at UFC Fight Night in Virginia | MMAWeekly.com

A bantamweight scrap has been added to the UFC card in Norfolk, VA on Nov. 11 read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 weigh-in results and live video stream (3 a.m. ET)

MMAjunkie is reporting live from today’s early and official UFC Fight Night 115 fighter weigh-ins, which kick off at 3 am ET.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Video: Watch today's UFC Fight Night 115 ceremonial weigh-ins live on MMAjunkie at noon ET

UFC Fight Night 115 ceremonial fighter weigh-ins take place today. Watch a live stream here on MMAjunkie at noon ET.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Rotterdam Weigh-in Results: Volkov vs. Struve Set, but One Fighter Misses Weight | MMAWeekly.com

Two top-ranked heavyweights are set to square off at UFC Fight Night 115 following Friday's early morning weigh-in. read news >>

UFC Fight Night Rotterdam: Bleacher Report Main-Card Staff Predictions

After nearly a month off surrounding the boxing super-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor, the UFC is back with UFC Fight Night 115 in Rotterdam. The trip to the Netherlands, fittingly, read news >>