Rob Kimmons

Former UFC middleweight Rob Kimmons admits he didn’t make the most of his time in the promotion.

“My whole life, my whole career, I dreamed of fighting in the UFC, and when I got there, I was just kind of happy to be there,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “To be completely honest, I wasn’t even having fun in the UFC because it was so stressful.

“Everybody you fight is one of the greatest fighters in the world. Every fight you fight there’s a 50/50 chance you could lose. This (upcoming) fight, I’m not really nervous at all. For the first time in a long time, I feel really excited to fight.”

After being cut from the promotion earlier this year following his loss to Dong Yi Yang at UFC on Versus 3 in March, Kimmons has developed a renewed sense of urgency to succeed to go with his excitement.

“Now that I’m out of that, I can’t lose, a loss is not okay,” he said. “I never want to lose again. I want to hurry up and get back into the UFC.”

Kimmons will get his first opportunity to make a case for his return to the Octagon when he returns to action Friday night in Kansas City, Kan., for Titan FC 19 live on HDNet in a fight that didn’t come as easily as he thought it would.

“I always thought after the UFC, it would be just easy to fight anyway, pick fights, challenge whoever I want and that all the promoters would want me, and it’s not really like that,” he said. “I’ve had trouble getting a fight.

“This fight card for instance, we went through about five people. People get injured in this sport, but I find it hard to believe that everybody got injured. It’s just crazy.”

Eventually, King of the Cage veteran Brendan Seguin stepped up to take the fight.

“He’s a good veteran and has fought everybody, but I just feel like I’m better than him,” said Kimmons. “As bad as that sounds – and I don’t mean it to sound (disrespectful) like that – but I’m just really confident because I’m really prepared right now and I just think I’m more talented and well-rounded than him.”

Kimmons also will approach his fight with Seguin with a different outlook than he had during his time in the UFC.

“One thing about the whole UFC stand that was really good for me is that I think I’ve learned something about game planning,” he said. “I saw other people that I looked up to like Randy Couture or Greg Jackson’s fight camps putting out these game plans, so I would put on these game plans for my fights in the UFC, but I feel like individually myself that I fight better if I just go in there and fight.

“If I have a game plan, I think I don’t fight as well. Granted, I have somewhat of an idea (of what I want to do in there), but it’s just better for me to just let my skills do it rather than try to plan everything out before the fight. That’s what I’m going to do in this fight. I’m going to take what happens and try that for a while.”

After Titan FC on Friday, Kimmons has plans make the kind of run he always intended to make.

“My plan is to win three or four fights at 170 (pounds) where I’ve never been defeated,” he said. “I’m a better fighter at 170 because I’m faster, stronger, and in better shape. I want to get back in the UFC and make a run at my natural weight class.

“I don’t want to look back 10 years from now and wonder how good I could have been. I don’t want to wonder that at all. I want to make a good run in the UFC and see how high I can get and see if I can make a name for myself.”

Dana White Wants Amanda Nunes to Pump the Breaks on Featherweight Title Talk (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White wants UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes to "pump the breaks" on her plan to challenge the inaugural women's UFC featherweight champion. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov says the UFC needs to plan for Conor McGregor

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Khabib Nurmagomedov thinks the UFC should “humble” Conor McGregor for wanting to box Floyd Mayweather.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After win over 'Zombie,' UFC Fight Night 104's Dennis Bermudez wants interim champ Holloway

HOUSTON – Dennis Bermudez has a plan in place after Saturday night, and it’s a good one. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko or 145 next? UFC champ Amanda Nunes lays out her game plan

HOUSTON – UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes appears to have backed away from a plan to immediately challenge for the soon-to-be-realized featherweight belt. Filed under: Featured, Featur read news >>

Niko Price's plan? Didn't include looking 'like a squirrel holding nuts in my cheeks' at UFC Fight Night 104

HOUSTON – Niko Price picked up his second stoppage win in as many trips to the octagon at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event, but he was anything but satisfied with his performance.Filed under: Fea read news >>

Stephen Thompson has creative arsenal ready for UFC 209 rematch vs. champ Tyron Woodley

Stephen Thompson’s plan is to bring back his unpredictable offensive arsenal at UFC 209, and if that happens, he believes the rematch with Tyron Woodley will look very different.Filed under: News, UF read news >>

Amanda Nunes' plan for 2 UFC belts? 'We need to start pumping the brakes,' White says

DENVER – Amanda Nunes’ ambitious plan for a second UFC title may need to wait a little while longer. At least until she’s earned a few more defenses of her bantamweight title.Filed under: Featured Vi read news >>

CM Punk Says Next UFC Fight Is Being Discussed with Dana White

CM Punk has revealed that he's doing his all to get back in the Octagon in the not-too-distant future and has entered discussions with UFC President Dana White. The WWE star turned UFC fighter lost o read news >>

Conor McGregor Talks Potential WWE WrestleMania 33 Appearance

UFC superstar Conor McGregor confirmed Saturday he was in talks with the WWE about appearing at WrestleMania 33 on April 2 in Orlando, Florida. "Never say never. I know there's been conversations," M read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Jason Gonzalez: I want rematch with Dober because 'I kind of dropped the ball'

DENVER – Per standard post-fight speak, Jason Gonzalez said he would take whatever his promoter offered him next after his first octagon win at Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23. But the lightweight wants a r read news >>