#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #UFC 211 #Ben Askren #Shinya Aoki #Angela Lee #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Istela Nunes #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Colosseum #Justin Buchholz

Terrion Ware - BAMMA USAIn the span of just over a year, Terrion Ware has impressed enough in his young career to warrant an opportunity to headline a sizable show, which he will be doing at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 8 in Commerce, Calif., on Friday night.

“I became a pro in June (of last year) and now I’m 5-1, so I accomplished a lot of what I wanted to accomplish with it,” said Ware. “I have three knockouts in the five wins I have and the other three fights were pretty decisive. I think I can do better, because I know I can always do better, but I feel pretty good about them.”

Most recently, Ware took a step forward by avenging his only pro loss when he defeated Paul Amarro at IFS 13 for the promotion’s bantamweight title.

“I ended up rematching against the guy who I had my only pro loss to, so I got that loss back,” said Ware. “I pretty much dominated the fight. It was a great way to start off the year and that’s how I want the rest of my year to go.”

When Ware steps up to the headlining spot this Friday at Badbeat 8, he’ll be facing former UFC fighter Jared Papazian in a bout where he seems to be the underdog, but he doesn’t feel as if he is.

“He has more experience than me in terms of pro fights, but I had 12 amateur fights and six pro fights, so we’re not that far off as far as experience overall,” said Ware of Papazian. “He’s a good striker and is probably going to be a little bit bigger and stronger than me, but my advantage is going to be in speed.

“I think I can out-strike him and out-point him, and as long as I don’t get caught with anything, I think I can out-work him all three rounds and maybe even catch him and finish him.”

Ware doesn’t feel overwhelmed by being the main event of a big show against a well-known opponent. If anything, he’s prepared himself as well mentally as he has physically for the opportunity and plans to use the situation to his benefit.

“I never feel any real pressure because this is what I love to do,” said Ware. “I know any time I go inside the cage I know there’s a chance I could win or lose, so I’ve come to terms with that.  I’m motivated because if I win this fight, it pretty much takes my career to where I want to get to.”

Ware told MMAWeekly.com that he knows where he wants to go both in the short term and long term as he continues to expand on his still young career.

“My long term goal is to get to a promotion like the UFC or Bellator, an elite promotion to fight against elite guys,” said Ware. “My short term goal is just to win every fight that’s ahead of me. So my main goal right now is just to win this fight.

“I want to get that exposure fighting higher level competition. I definitely think I’m on that level and that’s the level of competition I’m going to be fighting this moment forward.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Video: Relive Cage Warriors 83 headliner Che Mills' scintillating UFC debut

On Saturday, English welterweight Che Mills headlines Cage Warriors 83 against Welsh fighter Lewis Long. Ahead of that clash, take a look back at Mills’ scintillating UFC debut in November 2011.Filed read news >>

With Daniel Madrid out of LFA 11 headliner, Matthew Frincu now meets Maycon Mendonca

Injury has forced a change at Friday’s LFA 11 event, and Matthew Frincu now faces Maycon Mendonca in the night’s headlining contest.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Matt Bessette meets new challenger Reynaldo Trujillo in CES MMA 44 headliner

Injury has forced Jeremy Spoon to withdraw from a planned CES MMA 44 headliner, and a replacement opponent has been secured.Filed under: News read news >>

Paul Daley-Rory MacDonald winner gets title shot, Bellator chief Scott Coker says

The winner of Bellator 179’s headliner will have a chance to face the victor of the “Bellator: NYC” clash between champ Douglas Lima and Lorenz Larkin some time between October and November.Filed und read news >>

UFC 211 headliner Stipe Miocic: 'I'm not here to make a legacy – I'm here to win'

DALLAS – Stipe Miocic isn’t concerned about what type of legacy he’s going to leave behind after his fighting career is over. However, if his future goes as planned, he knows it will be a good one.Fi read news >>

Who ya got?! Are fighters picking Stipe Miocic or Junior Dos Santos in UFC 211's headliner?

First things first: You’ll have a hard time finding two headliners that fellow fighters like more than UFC 211’s Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Matt Bessette on tonight's CES MMA 44 headliner: I've got to be in Dana White's ear by now

After a mostly victorious Bellator stint, CES MMA champ Matt Bessette now has his sights set on the octagon: “If (UFC President) Dana White don’t know my name by now, maybe he has short-term memory l read news >>

Justin Gaethje's UFC debut set vs. Michael Johnson in TUF 25 Finale headliner in Las Vegas

A lightweight bout between former WSOF champion Justin Gaethje and Michael Johnson will serve as the headlining bout for The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale event in July.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Turned Down Role in New Movie 'King Arthur,' Says Guy Ritchie

If director Guy Ritchie had his way, UFC star Conor McGregor would have been in his new King Arthur movie. On Sunday, Aoife Bannon of the Irish Sun reported Ritchie offered McGregor a role in the fil read news >>

Rory MacDonald was hoping Paul Daley would 'lip a little more' before Bellator 179 headliner

Rory MacDonald has been a little disappointed with Paul Daley’s trash talk ahead of their Bellator 179 main event on Friday.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>