#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #Nik Lentz #Will Brooks #Georges St-Pierre

Terrion Ware - BAMMA USAIn the span of just over a year, Terrion Ware has impressed enough in his young career to warrant an opportunity to headline a sizable show, which he will be doing at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 8 in Commerce, Calif., on Friday night.

“I became a pro in June (of last year) and now I’m 5-1, so I accomplished a lot of what I wanted to accomplish with it,” said Ware. “I have three knockouts in the five wins I have and the other three fights were pretty decisive. I think I can do better, because I know I can always do better, but I feel pretty good about them.”

Most recently, Ware took a step forward by avenging his only pro loss when he defeated Paul Amarro at IFS 13 for the promotion’s bantamweight title.

“I ended up rematching against the guy who I had my only pro loss to, so I got that loss back,” said Ware. “I pretty much dominated the fight. It was a great way to start off the year and that’s how I want the rest of my year to go.”

When Ware steps up to the headlining spot this Friday at Badbeat 8, he’ll be facing former UFC fighter Jared Papazian in a bout where he seems to be the underdog, but he doesn’t feel as if he is.

“He has more experience than me in terms of pro fights, but I had 12 amateur fights and six pro fights, so we’re not that far off as far as experience overall,” said Ware of Papazian. “He’s a good striker and is probably going to be a little bit bigger and stronger than me, but my advantage is going to be in speed.

“I think I can out-strike him and out-point him, and as long as I don’t get caught with anything, I think I can out-work him all three rounds and maybe even catch him and finish him.”

Ware doesn’t feel overwhelmed by being the main event of a big show against a well-known opponent. If anything, he’s prepared himself as well mentally as he has physically for the opportunity and plans to use the situation to his benefit.

“I never feel any real pressure because this is what I love to do,” said Ware. “I know any time I go inside the cage I know there’s a chance I could win or lose, so I’ve come to terms with that.  I’m motivated because if I win this fight, it pretty much takes my career to where I want to get to.”

Ware told MMAWeekly.com that he knows where he wants to go both in the short term and long term as he continues to expand on his still young career.

“My long term goal is to get to a promotion like the UFC or Bellator, an elite promotion to fight against elite guys,” said Ware. “My short term goal is just to win every fight that’s ahead of me. So my main goal right now is just to win this fight.

“I want to get that exposure fighting higher level competition. I definitely think I’m on that level and that’s the level of competition I’m going to be fighting this moment forward.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Comments

Dakota Cochrane Wows Hometown Crowd (LFA 25 Results & Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the highlights from LFA 25, featuring headliner Dakota Cochrane, who defeated Ciro Rodrigues in front of his home town crowd in Omaha, Neb. read news >>

UFC-Gdansk winner Warlley Alves relieved after feeling pressure like never before

With a last-minute opponent change and his job on the line, Warlley Alves knew better than taking unnecessary risks at UFC Fight Night 118.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Tells Haters of Bellator Debut 'They Can Suck It'

Gegard Mousasi's Bellator MMA debut this weekend left a lot of people feeling sour. Despite struggling to mount any offense on ex-champion Alexander Shlemenko because of bad swelling around his right read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 headliner Dustin Poirier selling fight kit to benefit slain officer's family

Dustin Poirier returns to headliner status next month, and he’ll be using his fight to help the family of a police officer in his home town.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

GSP Back

A nine-year-old boy tells his mother, father and two younger sisters goodbye, steps out the front door of their simple home on Rue Yelle, a small strip of asphalt with maybe a dozen houses on it, and read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 headliner Lyoto Machida credits new life outside octagon for getting him back

For the first time in his career, Lyoto Machida is learning what it’s like to deal with a lengthy layoff. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Before UFC-Sao Paulo, co-headliner Colby Covington has plenty of 1-liners left

Love him or hate him, one thing is for sure: Welterweight Colby Covington is right at home whenever a mic is placed in front of him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Tonight's CES MMA 46 headliner, John Howard, went away to see if he still loved MMA

After two stints in the UFC and one in WSOF, John Howard wasn’t sure if the frustration of an MMA career was worth it anymore. After a year off, “Doomsday” found he couldn’t stay away. Now he’s back read news >>

Before UFC 217 headliner, watch Georges St-Pierre get revenge on Matt Serra to reclaim title

Georges St-Pierre had revenge on his mind, and that’s exactly what he got on Matt Serra to reclaim welterweight gold in 2008.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 medical suspensions: Headliner Lyoto Machida out 60 days

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida must spend two months on the bench after a knockout loss to Derek Brunson at UFC Fight Night 119.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>