#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Kristina Williams #Bellator MMA #Heather Hardy #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Anthony Ferguson #Venom #UFC Fight Night 118 #Fight Night Rotterdam

Cameron Dollar Ultimate Fighter 9 FinaleFor former Ultimate Fighter 9 cast member Cameron “Money Man” Dollar, his win over former UFC featherweight Tyler “Thunder” Toner at Ring of Fire 43 was something he felt he needed at this stage of his career.

“It’s something that I really wanted to do,” said Dollar. “I’ve always looked up to Tyler as one of the top guys at 145 and one of the best in the state for sure. I feel like I dominated the situation and dominated the fight.”

Dollar told MMAWeekly.com that the fight was especially important because he was able to get a submission victory and not just ride out a decision.

“I’m the only one that’s finished him, which is something I really wanted to do,” said Dollar. “His losses have only been by decision, and I really wanted to finish it not only for myself, but for the fans and everyone else.

“I didn’t want to leave it to the judges or have anyone (debate) who won. I just wanted to put an end to it all.”

Dollar credits his move to featherweight for his success this year, having won back-to-back fights.

“I was fighting before at 155, and when I came back from (TUF) I realized that it was just too big of a weight class for me,” he said. “I was really born and bred to be a 145er.

“I learned the science of cutting weight, dieting, and doing what pros do. I’ve been undefeated at 145 and I think it’s where I need to be at. I don’t need to be taking catchweight fights at 150 or go up to 155; it’s not what I want. I want to make my home at 145.”

Dollar extolled the virtues of the new weight by saying, “I’ve seen and hung out with the top guys at 145, and luckily enough I’ve had the opportunity to compare myself to these guys.

“By no means am I boasting about myself by any means, but when it comes down to it, I’m a big 145er. I’ve got a lot of reach and because I’m tall and skinny I’ve got a lot of leverage with my limbs and whatnot.”

Now that Dollar has established himself as a premier featherweight in the MMA-rich environment in Colorado, he wants to get back on the national stage and prove himself after his struggles on TUF.

“I’m just looking back to get into the mainstream, into a big show,” he said. “Whether it’s Bellator, Strikeforce, UFC, Titan or whatever, I just want to get back on a big show and get back on TV and get my name out there.

“I want to be an example for kids that have had a rough upbringing or had a rough time; people that have dealt with a lot of things in life like negativity or whatever. I just want to be an example that if you stand up for your hopes and dreams, you can achieve them; you’ve just got to believe. You may not know how you can do it, but if you believe, you can do anything damn near, you know.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin gives origin story of Paul Daley beef

Lorenz Larkin sees no need to dress up his fight with Paul Daley, and that’s his problem with the British striker. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Nicco Montano Upsets Lauren Murphy (TUF 26 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch highlights of The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion's fourth fight. No. 14 seed Nicco Montano pulled off the upset and eliminated the No. 3 seed. read news >>

LFA champ Andrea Lee returns tonight at LFA 23, but why isn't she on 'TUF 26'?

Officials say 14 fighters – 14! – turned down a fight tonight with LFA champ Andrea Lee. So why didn’t she just take a slot on “The Ultimate Fighter 26”?Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured Videos, N read news >>

Patricky Freire says he should get title shot before Michael Chandler

Bellator lightweight Patricky “Pitbull” Freire believes he’s earned the right to cut the line of contenders at 155 pounds.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Mueller believes she can be champ

“I feel like I’m so blessed that I found MMA and realized this is my calling,” she said. “I feel like I’m not just gonna be good at this; I truly believe that I’m going to be great and going to be a read news >>

Crowder believes fighting for the fans is most important

“The fans are the most important, that’s who we’re out there fighting for,” Crowder said. “Without them, we’re beating each other up for no reason. You want to have a good fan base, you want people f read news >>

Get To Know TUF Cast: Sijara Eubanks

Fans of the UFC may be getting their first look at Sijara Eubanks on season 26 of The Ultimate Fighter, but those who have worked with the promotion for any length of time are no strangers to the eas read news >>

'TUF 26' vet Sijara Eubanks talks 'super dramatic' weight-cut that required cutting her dreadlocks

Sijara Eubanks walked on to the set of “The Ultimate Fighter 26” with a fight already booked against the scale.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Sijara Eubanks Submits Maia Stevenson (TUF 26 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the fight highlights from Sijara Eubanks' submission win over Maia Stevenson from The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion. read news >>

Conor McGregor Believes He'd Beat Floyd Mayweather in a Rematch | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor is a man who learns from his mistakes. Much like avenging his loss to Nate Diaz in March 2016 by returning with a victory five months later in the rematch, McGregor has that same feeli read news >>