#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #UFC Fight Night 117 #Gokhan Saki #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Jeremy Stephens #Michael Bisping

Stefan Struve was taken for a ride by pat barry at UFC Live 6. | File Photo: Sherdog.com

Stefan Struve found redemption Saturday night, rebounding from a brutal knockout loss in his last contest to submit Pat Barry in the second round at UFC Live 6.

Following his dramatic victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., Struve revealed his elation and relief to UFC.com.

“I'm so happy. I’m thrilled. After that last fight, this is really good,” said Struve. “I still think I should have won that fight [against Travis Browne], and I lost.”

The pace was deliberate during the first round of the heavyweight co-main event, with both men landing only one strike at a time. However, Barry found a home for his dangerous right leg, cracking low kicks into Struve’s lead appendage. Though his left leg was black and blue by the end of the contest, Struve was proud of his performance in the standup exchanges.

“I showed some good standup against one of the best kickboxers in the game, so it’s really good. We were working really hard on using my reach better with the different kicks and punches, and it worked to keep him at bay,” said Struve. “[My leg] hurts, but I know what the pain is like. I’ve been kickboxing since I was 14 years old with some of the best in the world, so I’m used to the pain.”

In the second stanza, Struve took the fight to the floor. Closing the distance on his much shorter opponent and fishing for a series of submissions.

“I searched for the takedown once. He's a strong and stocky guy, so it didn't work, but I got him to the ground with a guillotine,” Struve explained. “I tried a D’Arce choke first but went back to the guillotine and tried to flip him over. He went with me and took side control, and I used my long limbs to [recover guard] and get a triangle.”

Once “The Skyscraper” latched onto the choke, he did not relent. Barry did his best to free himself by doing his best Quinton Jackson impression, hoisting Struve above his head and slamming him to the canvas with a powerbomb. Though there was only one place to go once Barry muscled him high into the air, Struve asserts that at no point did he consider abandoning the hold.

“I’m not letting go when I get it on,” said Struve. “Hell no.”

Galleries

Stefan Struve Fights

Comments

Ex-champ Andrey Koreshkov has sights focused on another title run after Chidi Njokuani

Andrey Koreshkov says he found the mistake he made against Douglas Lima to lose his Bellator title and doesn’t plan on making it again.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor 'Money Fight' gets Saturday replay on Showtime

If you didn’t shell out the nearly $100 for “The Money Fight” on Saturday, you’ll have a chance to catch a replay at the end of the week.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

On the Rise: Rotterdam Edition

Headlined by Alexander Volkov and Stefan Struve, this weekend’s card is flush with fighters looking to make an immediate impression as they step into the UFC cage for the first time in their careers. read news >>

Conor McGregor's coaches, teammates react to Floyd Mayweather loss

Conor McGregor didn’t get the job done against Floyd Mayweather, but his solid effort was still a prideful moment for coaches and teammates.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Alexander Volkov vs. Stefan Struve: UFC Rotterdam Fight Card Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Analysts John Gooden, Dan Hardy and Nick Peet with special guest Darren Till break down this weekend's UFC Fight Night Rotterdam main card. read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Stefan Struve vs. Alexander Volkov at UFC Fight Night 115

Ahead of UFC Fight Night 115, Dan Hardy, John Gooden and Nick Peet, break down Saturday’s main event and other fights on the card.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch Stefan Struve Make Short Work of Lavar Johnson (UFC Rotterdam Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Stefan Struve submit Lavar Johnson in 2012. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Stefan Struve out to prove once more 'rankings are bull(expletive)'

Stefan Struve believes a win over Alexander Volkov puts him right where he wants to be when it comes to challenging for Stipe Miocic’s belt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Stefan Struves on Alexander Volkov: 'I'm the Best Fighter That He's Faced in His Career' | MMAWeekly.com

Stefan Struve pulls no punches when it comes to his confidence going against Alexander Volkov read news >>