Stefan Struve was taken for a ride by pat barry at UFC Live 6. | File Photo: Sherdog.com

Stefan Struve found redemption Saturday night, rebounding from a brutal knockout loss in his last contest to submit Pat Barry in the second round at UFC Live 6.

Following his dramatic victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., Struve revealed his elation and relief to UFC.com.

“I'm so happy. I’m thrilled. After that last fight, this is really good,” said Struve. “I still think I should have won that fight [against Travis Browne], and I lost.”

The pace was deliberate during the first round of the heavyweight co-main event, with both men landing only one strike at a time. However, Barry found a home for his dangerous right leg, cracking low kicks into Struve’s lead appendage. Though his left leg was black and blue by the end of the contest, Struve was proud of his performance in the standup exchanges.

“I showed some good standup against one of the best kickboxers in the game, so it’s really good. We were working really hard on using my reach better with the different kicks and punches, and it worked to keep him at bay,” said Struve. “[My leg] hurts, but I know what the pain is like. I’ve been kickboxing since I was 14 years old with some of the best in the world, so I’m used to the pain.”

In the second stanza, Struve took the fight to the floor. Closing the distance on his much shorter opponent and fishing for a series of submissions.

“I searched for the takedown once. He's a strong and stocky guy, so it didn't work, but I got him to the ground with a guillotine,” Struve explained. “I tried a D’Arce choke first but went back to the guillotine and tried to flip him over. He went with me and took side control, and I used my long limbs to [recover guard] and get a triangle.”

Once “The Skyscraper” latched onto the choke, he did not relent. Barry did his best to free himself by doing his best Quinton Jackson impression, hoisting Struve above his head and slamming him to the canvas with a powerbomb. Though there was only one place to go once Barry muscled him high into the air, Struve asserts that at no point did he consider abandoning the hold.

“I’m not letting go when I get it on,” said Struve. “Hell no.”

Paul Daley Has Mixed Emotions About Destructive Brennan Ward Knockout (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Having forged a friendship with Brennan Ward, Paul Daley found it a difficult situation just to fight him, and had mixed emotions after winning. read news >>

UFC Halifax Gets New Heavyweight Headliner; Johny Hendricks Moves to Middleweight | MMAWeekly.com

After Stefan Struve had to withdraw from the UFC Fight Night 105 main event, UFC officials moved swiftly to name a new heavyweight headliner. read news >>

Notorious Pro Wrestler Yoshiko Set to Make MMA Debut with Road FC

The most notorious woman in professional wrestling has found a new home...and it isn't in the ring. According to a press release obtained by Bleacher Report Monday night, Yoshiko Hirano (who works un read news >>

Pena, once directionless, found her way through fighting

Julianna Pena was once directionless. But once she took up fighting, she's never looked back. And now the Venezuelan Vixen is potentially one fight away from a world title shot. read news >>

Dominick Cruz dismisses Raphael Assuncao's callout, says next fight will be for UFC belt

Dominick Cruz didn’t get an immediate rematch after he lost the UFC bantamweight title to Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207 in December. However, if the former champ is to be believed, his next fight will st read news >>

UFC's Mickey Gall on surge of callouts: I hope all the 'idiots' keep saying my name

Mickey Gall found his way to the UFC by using his mouth to call out Phil “CM Punk” Brooks. It worked.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

'Rampage' vs. 'King Mo' 2 rematch at Bellator 175 finds home in Chicago area on March 31

We found out about the rematch between Muhammed Lawal and Quinton Jackson at Bellator 175 earlier this month. Now we know a venue. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Mike Jackson to CM Punk: 'Let's see who the real can is'

Mike Jackson didn’t show up to this past Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event to push a fight with Phil “CM Punk” Brooks. He was just there to work.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Daniel Omielanczuk Found to be 'Without Fault' After Testing Positive in UFC Anti-Doping Case | MMAWeekly.com

USADA announced on Monday that UFC athlete Daniel Omielanczuk has tested positive for a prohibited substance, but found "without fault." read news >>