#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Volkan Oezdemir #Conor McGregor #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Marcin Held #Damir Hadzovic #Bojan Velickovic #Nicholas Musoke #Dynasty of Heroes #Nordine Taleb #Oliver Enkamp

Marloes Coenen and Sarah Kaufman at Strikeforce

Marloes Coenen firing at Sarah Kaufman

“2010 was an emotional rollercoaster for me professionally and private,” admits Strikeforce women’s 135-pound champion Marloes Coenen.

From the low of losing decisively to Strikeforce women’s 145-pound champion Cris “Cyborg” Santos, to the high of coming from behind to submit Sarah Kaufman for her current title, it’s been a year of extremes for Coenen.

When it comes to her performances against Santos and Kaufman, again, things were worlds apart for Coenen.

“The Cyborg-fight was one big lesson to me,” she told MMAWeekly.com. “Though I lost, it has boosted my confidence big time. I proved to myself that I am a fighter, don’t give up, and can take a beating.

“The Kaufman fight was different. I had expected more fireworks from her side. To cut a long story short; I am always very critical on my own performance, but I am happy with that fight too if I take all the ‘external’ things in consideration. For my next fight, I want more fireworks… and I’ll make it happen.”

Coenen admits that cutting weight for the Kaufman fight, combined with the possibility of fighting five five-minute rounds has affected the way she approaches fights, most importantly how to conserve energy and fight smarter.

“It is in my nature to go all out, but that isn’t the brightest game plan when you have a championship fight over 25 minutes,” stated Coenen. “I would like to learn the counter better. But what I see is that you are (either) an ‘attack’ or a ‘counter’ fighter, so it will be hard.”

Looking forward to 2011, Coenen’s first title defense is scheduled to be against Miesha Tate.

“She is a good wrestler and controls (her opponents) effectively, but her stand-up isn’t like Kaufman’s,” said Coenen. “My ground game is okay and my wrestling too, so I look forward to measuring our strengths.”

Tate fight aside, Coenen is intent on proving any detractors wrong by putting all her efforts into becoming a dominant world-class fighter.

“(I want to) consolidate my title, keep on training my women’s group, and fight all over the world,” commented Coenen. “The upcoming three years, at least, I will totally dedicate to MMA. I’ll do whatever it takes, and maybe I move to the U.S., we will see.

“2011 will be spectacular, cannot wait for it to start. If there is a theme (for the year) it’ll be ‘Bring it on!’”

After highs and lows dominated her 2010, Coenen looks to gain stability in 2011 and prove she can be the stalwart of Strikeforce’s 135-pound division for some time to come.

“I wish you all the best for 2011,” concluded Coenen. “Believe in your dreams and hang on. The road can be wobbly but when you believe it, you can make it. Happy New Year to everyone!”

Ahead of the UFC 211 rematch, take a look back at Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos I

The heavyweight title is back on the line next week in Dallas with a highly anticipated rematch. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt Official for UFC 212 | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort's final fight inside the Octagon will be against former Strikeforce champion Nate Marquardt at UFC 212. read news >>

James Nakashima Says He's the Most Compete Fighter That He Knows Ahead of LFA 11 | MMAWeekly.com

James Nakashima (6-0) returns for his first bout of 2017 when he takes on LaRue Burley (7-2) in a main card 170-pound bout on Friday in Phoenix at LFA 11. read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ilima Macfarlane expects inaugural Bellator women's flyweight title fight, wants it soon

Ilima Macfarlane has no doubts that, when Bellator introduces its inaugural women’s flyweight championship, she is going to be one half of the title fight. But when?Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 211

Ahead of UFC 211, UFC Fight Pass analyst Dan Hardy and broadcast partner John Gooden break down Saturday’s co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Stipe Miocic joins the podcast

UFC Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic calls in ahead of his rematch with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211. Plus, Jim hosts the show solo and talks to Chris The Producer about the Canelo vs. Chavez, Jr. f read news >>

Video: Ahead of UFC 211, watch Junior Dos Santos' 2010 knockout of Gabriel Gonzaga

Watch the full fight between Junio Dos Santos and Gabriel Gonzaga, which took place March 21, 2010, at UFC on Versus 1.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>