#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Phoenix Fight Night #Vengeance Fighting Alliance #Duelo De Giagantes

Heavyweights Stefan Struve and Stipe Miocic took the center stage on Saturday at UFC on Fuel TV 5 in Nottingham, England.  On this night, Struve waited patiently for the right opening and capitalized on Miocic slowing down.

Struve scored his fourth win in a row by way of stoppage since losing to Travis Browne. He has now collected wins over the likes of Lavar Johnson, Pat Barry, Dave Herman and Stipe Miocic.

After Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez takes place at UFC 155 in December, there just aren’t a lot of heavyweights in line for a shot at the title, and with a four-fight winning streak, Struve makes a strong argument for a shot down the road.

“There’s not a lot of other guys in the heavyweight division on a four-fight win streak right now,” Struve said at the UFC on Fuel TV 5 post-fight press conference.

“Four finishes in my last four fights.  I believe I won six of my last seven.  I’m not even sure.  I think I got 29 pro wins now, but I think I’m closing in on that, but still, there’s no rush.  I’m 24, imagine what I can do in four years, but I think I’m a couple of wins away.”

At 24 years old, Struve remains patient amongst the top of the division because he knows that one day his time will come.  Even with standing in the upper echelon of heavyweights, Struve believes that he’ll be an even more dominant force as time progresses.

Although he’s not impatient, Fabricio Werdum is a big name that stands out in Struve’s mind. He feels that if he did get a shot at Werdum and defeat him, he’d undoubtedly become next in line for a title shot.

“I think for example, Werdum would be an awesome fight for me next fight.  You know, I think I can cope with him on the ground and I think I can rough him up on the feet.”

UFC president Dana White, while brimming with compliments for Struve, wasn’t yet prepared to say what’s next for the tallest fighter in the Octagon.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your UFC on Fuel TV 5 post-fight coverage.

Galleries

Fabricio Werdum Fights

• a year ago

Stefan Struve Fights

Comments

Conor McGregor Feels Ref Stopped Floyd Mayweather Fight Too Early | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor talks about his feelings on the referee stoppage and breaks down the Floyd Mayweather fight. read news >>

UFC 'incredibly disappointed' by technical difficulties, Dana White reassures fans

The UFC is now working to find out why so many of its fans couldn't watch "The Money Fight" and has issued a statement. read news >>

On the Rise: Rotterdam Edition

Headlined by Alexander Volkov and Stefan Struve, this weekend’s card is flush with fighters looking to make an immediate impression as they step into the UFC cage for the first time in their careers. read news >>

Alexander Volkov vs. Stefan Struve: UFC Rotterdam Fight Card Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Analysts John Gooden, Dan Hardy and Nick Peet with special guest Darren Till break down this weekend's UFC Fight Night Rotterdam main card. read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Stefan Struve vs. Alexander Volkov at UFC Fight Night 115

Ahead of UFC Fight Night 115, Dan Hardy, John Gooden and Nick Peet, break down Saturday’s main event and other fights on the card.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch Stefan Struve Make Short Work of Lavar Johnson (UFC Rotterdam Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Stefan Struve submit Lavar Johnson in 2012. read news >>

Super Six - Fabricio Werdum’s Defining Moments

Fabricio Werdum hopes to move one step closer to a shot at regaining the crown when he faces Derrick Lewis at UFC 216. Read on for a look at six of his defining moments. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Stefan Struve out to prove once more 'rankings are bull(expletive)'

Stefan Struve believes a win over Alexander Volkov puts him right where he wants to be when it comes to challenging for Stipe Miocic’s belt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

'UFC on the Fly': behind the scenes with hard-working Leon Edwards before UFC Rotterdam

Go behind the scenes with England’s Leon Edwards ahead of his UFC Fight Night 115 fight in Rotterdam against Bryan Barberena.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>