#Conor McGregor #Dynasty of Heroes #Fight One #UFC 211 #Justin Buchholz #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Nate Diaz #Duane Ludwig #Jon Jones #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Ben Askren #Angela Lee #Cat Zingano #MMA KINGS

Naho Sugiyama Invicta FCInvicta FC will crown its first champion on Saturday night in Kansas City, Kan., when Jessica Penne and Naho “Sugi Rock” Sugiyama clash for the promotion’s atomweight title.

For Sugiyama, coming to America after a highly successful career in Japan – capturing a title in Jewels – is an unexpected opportunity that was too good to pass up.

“I’ve never even thought of fighting in America before, so I feel very honored,” said Sugiyama. “And this is my first visit to America too, so I am really looking forward to this.”

Excitement seems to be more the theme for Sugiyama’s Invicta debut, because, as she told MMAWeekly.com, the fact that her bout is a title fight isn’t adding any additional weight to her shoulders.

“I am not too conscious about this title fight thing, so (I’m) not feeling too much pressure,” she said.

When Sugiyama was asked if she had altered her training to prepare for American MMA rules such as allowing elbow strikes, she said, “A little bit.

“I was conscious about those differences in rules, but basically I’ve been doing the same training as usual.”

Sugiyama knows that if she’s going to take the title, doing so against Penne is not going to be an easy task.

“I think she is stronger than anyone I ever faced in the past,” said Sugiyama of Penne. “In terms of which part of my game is better than hers… well, I will not know that till I fight her.”

Regardless of whether or not she wins or loses, Sugiyama hopes to continue to fight for Invicta, as well as continue to expand her career.

“I am still in search of ‘my ultimate goal’ as a pro MMA fighter,” said Sugiyama. “And of course, I want to continue fighting for Invicta FC, and I also would like to fight in the other countries as well.

“I wanna leave a mark. I am going to fight hard so the fans would remember my name.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Invicta FC news and updates.

Sarah D'Alelio Not Underestimating Roxanne Modefferi at Invicta FC 23 | MMAWeekly.com

Sarah D’Alelio will look to keep her roll going when she returns to Invicta FC on May 20 to take on Roxanne Modefferi in 125-pound co-main event bout. read news >>

Casey Kenney Plans to Pick Bruno Silva Apart in LFA Debut | MMAWeekly.com

Casey Kenney (6-0) makes his Legacy Fighting Alliance debut on Friday in Phoenix, when he takes on Bruno Silva (9-3) in a main card 125-pound fight. read news >>

Rory MacDonald: Bellator 179 In Focus Video | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC title challenger Rory MacDonald makes his promotional debut at Bellator 179. "I'm gonna be a problem for every fighter in the Bellator cage." read news >>

Angela Hill Faces Ashley Yoder at TUF 25 Finale | MMAWeekly.com

Former Invicta FC Strawweight champion Angela Hill will take on Ashley Yoder at The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption Finale on July 7. read news >>

KO of the Week: Stipe Miocic Takes Out Fabricio Werdum for the UFC Belt (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Stipe Miocic claim the UFC heavyweight crown when he KO'd Fabricio Werdum. Miocic makes his second title defense when he faces Junior dos Santos. read news >>

Jared Gordon: From Lookin' For a Fight to UFC Debut (UFC 211 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White: Lookin' For a Fight prospect Jared Gordon makes his UFC debut on Saturday, May 13, on the UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 preliminary fight card. read news >>

Tessa Simpson Plans Invicta FC Title Run Starting with Herica Tiburcio | MMAWeekly.com

Tessa Simpson (5-1) returns to Invicta on May 20 in Kansas City, Missouri, to take on former champion Herica Tiburcio (9-4) in a main card 105-pound bout. read news >>

Ahead of her Invicta FC 23 headliner, check out a 19-year-old Agnieszka Niedzwiedcz tearing up the regional scene

On Saturday, undefeated Polish prospect Agnieszka Niedzwiedcz meets Brazilain flyweight Vanessa Porto in the main event of Invicta FC 23. Check out some of Niedzwiedcz’s previous work.Filed under: Ca read news >>

Vanessa Porto seeks Jennifer Maia trilogy after Invicta FC 23 headliner vs. Agnieszka Niedzwiedz

Vanessa Porto is focused on Saturday’s Invicta FC 23 main-event showdown with Agnieszka Niedzwiedz. However, Porto would be lying if she said there weren’t goals in mind beyond the upcoming fight.Fil read news >>

Watch the Invicta FC 23 Weigh-In Live, Friday at 6 PM ET on MMAWeekly.com | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Invicta FC 23 weigh-in, featuring Vanessa Porto, Agniezska Niedzwiedz, Roxanne Modafferi, and more, live on Friday, May 17, at 6 p.m. ET. read news >>