#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Conor McGregor #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Smealinho RamaFive first-round finishes in five fights during his rookie campaign in 2012 has MFC heavyweight prospect Smealinho Rama on the verge of becoming the promotion’s big man.

“I’m pretty happy that they were all first-round finishes, and that’s what I want to continue to do,” said Rama of his fast start. “I don’t want to be a decision fighter. I want to finish every fight and make it exciting and want the fans to love it.”

Still early in his career, Rama realizes that he still has a lot of growth ahead of him.

“I’m pretty happy with what I did, but there’s always room for improvement,” he said. “I’d like to be more the fighter that I am in the gym in the ring and let loose a bit more and have a good time out there.

“I feel I’ve changed quite a bit (since my debut). I’m a better fighter. I’m better with the media. I’m training harder. I’m learned what my body needs and how to train properly and not over-train and how to set myself up to have a positive training camp before a fight.”

For Rama’s first fight of 2013, he’ll be fighting in what is essentially a heavyweight title eliminator against Mike “Honey Badger” Hackert at MFC 36 live on AXS TV on Friday night in Edmonton, Canada.

“We wanted this fight as soon as possible,” said Rama. “I wanted to get this fight in my third or fourth fight, and unfortunately we couldn’t get it, but here we are now. We knew whoever the number one guy was, we were going to get it; it was only a matter of time.

“Now I’ve got the fight that I’ve wanted and I’m just ready to take the number one spot and get my title shot.”

Rama told MMAWeekly.com that he feels he’s well-rounded enough to take the fight wherever he wants it to go, be dominant in all positions and continue his winning streak.

“All I need to do I think is just go out there and do what I want do,” he said. “Do my thing, do what I’ve learned and the fight will be just like every other fight.”

Even though he’s entering only the second year of his career, Rama feels he’s established himself through his performances in his fights and now seeks to be recognized for what he’s accomplished.

“In a way, I do have something to prove and I don’t,” he said. “People still look at me as an underdog, but all my fights have been first-round stoppages. When I’ve got the number one spot, maybe I’ll get a little more attention, but I’m not looking for attention. I’m looking for fights. I’m looking for sponsors and exposure.

“I want the world to see me. I don’t want the world to know me. I don’t want them to talk about me, but know that I’m there and I’m a legitimate contender. I want to take the number one ranking, take the MFC title and I want to keep this steady road I’ve been going on this past 12 months.”

Comments

LFA 21 Results & Highlights: Kyle Noblitt and Kevin Holland Score First-Round Finishes | MMAWeekly.com

LFA 21 featured two first-round finishes in the main and co-main events on Friday night. read news >>

Michael Johnson Dropping to Featherweight, Wants to Face Jose Aldo | MMAWeekly.com

Ninth-ranked lightweight Michael Johnson wants to drop down to the featherweight division to take on 'new face,' and wants to fight former champion Jose Aldo. read news >>

Elite Eight - Demetrious Johnson Fights

Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson isn’t just one of the most dominant champions competing in the Octagon at the moment; he may be one of the most dominant ever. As we await Saturday night’s card in E read news >>

UFC 215: Johnson vs Borg Fantasy Preview

In today's fantasy preview, we'll examine the two title fights and plenty more from this upcoming card to see who has the edge and who might be primed for an upset at UFC 215: Johnson vs. Borg. Order read news >>

Paige VanZant: 'I've Passed Out in My Bathroom' Cutting Weight for UFC Fights

Paige VanZant has always inhabited a somewhat strange place in the UFC. Part company spokesmodel, part fringe strawweight contender, she walks a tightrope between in-cage legitimacy and out-of-the-ca read news >>

UFC 215 Johnson vs. Borg Full Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

Take a closer look at the two world title fights headlining UFC 215 on Saturday at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. read news >>

UFC 215's Ilir Latifi not ready to judge Jon Jones during turbulent time for 205-pound division

Regardless of what happens with Jon Jones, Ilir Latifi believes the UFC light heavyweight division will thrive.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Super Six Fights - Amanda Nunes

The sports world will be watching on Saturday when UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes defends her title for the second time against rival Valentina Shevchenko in the main event of UFC 215 read news >>

Nunes' destructive finishes makes Saturday can't-miss

UFC.com's Matt Parrino joins NESN.com's Andre Khatchaturian to discuss the UFC 215 main event, featuring Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko. The two analysts break down what each fighter needs to d read news >>

LFA 22 results: Markus Perez claims title with slick first-round choke

Fighting for the first time in the U.S., Brazilian import Markus Perez kept his professional record perfect, claiming the vacant RFA middleweight belt with a first-stoppage of a previously unbeaten I read news >>