#Francis Ngannou #UFC Fight Night 124 #UFC 218 #Alistair Overeem #Daniel Cormier #Conor McGregor #Khabib Nurmagomedov #UFC 220 #Stipe Miocic #UFC 219

'Shogun' Rua Undergoes Knee Surgery After Falling Out of Fight Against Ovince Saint-Preux | MMAWeekly.com

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua underwent successful knee surgery this week following an injury that force him out of his previously scheduled fight against Ovince Saint-Preux in Japan.

The former UFC light heavyweight champion has endured more than a few knee problems over the years, but this latest resulted in the veteran fighter going under the knife.

According to a post on his Instagram page, ‘Shogun’ seems happy with the results of the surgery as he begins his rehabilitation before making his return to action.

“Guys, last night I had surgery on my left knee, and thank God everything worked out well,” Rua wrote. “I already started my physical therapy today, so I can get healthy sooner to comeback stronger! It was very hard for me to step out of a fight due to injury, and I want to thank my doctors, my physical therapist and his team for all the help, and to all of you all the messages of support!”

Galera, ontem à noite, após alguns dias me preparando com minha equipe de fisioterapia, passei por uma cirurgia no meu joelho esquerdo e graças a Deus correu tudo bem. Hoje mesmo já comecei minha recuperação, dando início à fisio pra voltar firme e forte, pronto pra próxima! Foi muito difícil pra mim ter que ficar fora de uma luta por lesão, e quero agradecer ao Dr. Gilson e ao Dr. Daniel, meus medicos, ao Eduardo meu fisioterapeuta, e toda sua equipe @grupo_sportfisio por toda a ajuda, e a vocês por todo o carinho e as mensagens de apoio. Obrigado galera! / Guys, last night I had surgery on my left knee, and thank God everything worked out well. I already started my physical therapy today, so I can get healthy soon to comeback stronger! It was very hard for me to have to step out of a fight due to injury, and I want to thank my doctors, my physical therapist and his team for all the help, and to you all for all the messages of support! Thank you!

A post shared by Shogun Rua (@shogunoficial) on

There’s no word yet on how long the knee injury will keep ‘Shogun’ sidelined.

Most recently, Rua has put together an impressive three fight win streak including a TKO victory against Gian Villante in his last trip to the Octagon in March.

Comments

Manager: John Lineker undergoes successful operation to remove infected wisdom tooth

John Lineker underwent surgery today in Brazil to repair the infected wisdom tooth that forced him out of UFC 219.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator's Michael McDonald shares graphic photo following successful hand surgery

Bantamweight Michael McDonald underwent successful hand surgery this week following a win in his Bellator debut earlier this month. Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, News read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Underwent Shoulder Surgery, Timeline for Return Unclear

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson reportedly underwent successful shoulder surgery on Wednesday after complaining he was experiencing pain near the end of 2017. The 125-pound champion holds t read news >>

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson undergoes successful shoulder surgery

Demetrious Johnson underwent successful shoulder surgery to fix some lingering damage that needed to be “cleaned up.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Relive an Instant Classic: Cub Swanson vs. Doo Ho Choi (UFC St. Louis Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) At UFC 206, Dooho Choi and Cub Swanson put on a show for the Toronto crowd. Many considered their three round battle to be the fight of the year in 2016. Even in defeat, Choi's hear read news >>

Robbie Lawler Suffered Torn ACL and Meniscus In His Fight Against Rafael dos Anjos | MMAWeekly.com

Robbie Lawler might just be one of the toughest fighters on the planet. The former welterweight champion suffered a torn ACL in his knee as well as a torn meniscus about midway through his last fight read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Mauls Edson Barboza (UFC 219 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

No. 4 ranked lightweight Edson Barboza asked for a fight against No. 2 ranked Khabib Nurmagomedov and the two met in the UFC 219 co-main event on Saturday. read news >>

Tyron Woodley Reveals His Timeline to Return to the UFC Following Shoulder Surgery | MMAWeekly.com

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley is already plotting his return to the Octagon just days after having shoulder surgery. Woodley had arthroscopic surgery performed on his right shoulder by Dr. read news >>

Dana White Critical of Uriah Hall After Being Pulled from Fight Against Vitor Belfort | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White offers Uriah Hall some criticism after he landed in the hospital this weekend due to a weight cutting mishap read news >>

Jeremy Stephens: 'I'm Taking All Dooho Choi's Hopes and Dreams' | MMAWeekly.com

Featherweight Jeremy Stephens previews his main event fight against Dooho Choi at UFC Fight Night St. Louis on Sunday. read news >>