#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Gokhan Saki #Ovince St. Preux #Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83

Seth Baczynski

Seth Baczynski

Admittedly, if Seth Baczynski had not made changes following his loss to Brad Tavares at The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale last June, he might not have gotten an opportunity to return to the promotion.

“I think losing to Brad Tavares was a huge eye opener for me in my career,” he said. “It was probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

“It made me come back and take a look at my career as a whole – like the whole body of work – and really start being a little more diligent about my training. Being a little more serious and pushing to get the best out of me, and be a little more technical as well.”

Baczynski further told MMAWeekly.com, “Every fighter has some formula or remedy for success. Some people find it and some people don’t. I truly I believe I found the formula that works for me.

“Being more consistent on a regular basis, not only in the gym but in my personal life too, just being a lot more consistent and accountable.”

Baczynski will get an opportunity to showcase his refinements as he steps in for an injured DeMarques Johnson against Clay Harvison at UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans.

“He comes after everyone he fights, so it should be an exciting fight for everyone,” said Baczynski. “Whoever is going to get off first and get in a rhythm first is going to win this fight.”

For Baczynski, pacing is everything when it comes to a fight.

“Wherever it is; on the feet, on the ground, in the clinch; wherever it is, I have to be in control at all times,” he said. “I’ve got to be firing off rapid responses for everything he gives me.

“I don’t know how to fight any other way, anyway. I’m going to go for broke every time I fight. I’ve just got to be more technical, try not lose my composure, and stay fundamentally sound amidst all the madness out there.”

Perhaps most importantly for Baczynski, amending his outlook will help make his return to the UFC a longer stay than his previous one.

“I think the biggest thing I learned from my last trip to the UFC is that you have so many people pulling on your coattails and stuff when you get there; I think I lost sight of just going out there and having fun,” he said in closing.

“No matter where it is, every fight’s important at this stage in my career. I’m almost 30 and the clock is ticking, so I’ve got to get while the getting is good. Now I’m finally back in the UFC, I want to stay here.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Ray Borg says he's going to end Demetrious Johnson's career in UFC 215 title fight

Ray Borg believes he’s not only going to upset UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson, but also retire him at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Evander Holyfield Believes the Mayweather vs. McGregor Fight Was Stopped Early | MMAWeekly.com

Following Floyd "Money" Mayweather's 10th-round stoppage of UFC champion Conor McGregor on Saturday, a lot of people thought the fight was stopped prematurely. read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Ray Borg says he'll easily make weight for UFC 215 title fight; Demetrious Johnson believes him

“I’ve corrected my mistakes,” Ray Borg says of his past weight-cut struggles.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Says Floyd Mayweather Has 'Strong Tools' He Could Take into MMA

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. has some "strong tools" that'd enable him to be a success in MMA. McGregor had his first professional boxing fight on Saturday ag read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Stefan Struve out to prove once more 'rankings are bull(expletive)'

Stefan Struve believes a win over Alexander Volkov puts him right where he wants to be when it comes to challenging for Stipe Miocic’s belt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 215's Neil Magny: Welterweight title shot 'within reach' if I beat Rafael dos Anjos

Neil Magny believes he could slide into a UFC welterweight title shot with a good showing vs. Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson plans to keep adding to UFC title defense record – because why would he stop at 11?

Champ Demetrious Johnson believes he still has plenty of competition in the UFC flyweight position.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos wants title shot, promises not to let champ Tyron Woodley 'walk around'

Rafael dos Anjos believes his UFC 215 submission of Neil Magny should get him the next welterweight title shot vs. Tyron Woodley.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Claudia Gadelha believes win vs. Jessica Andrade should earn new stab at UFC strawweight title

Claudia Gadelha says she preferred to be fighting someone coming off a win. But, set on fighting in Japan, she took what was available:Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>