Seth Baczynski

Seth Baczynski

Admittedly, if Seth Baczynski had not made changes following his loss to Brad Tavares at The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale last June, he might not have gotten an opportunity to return to the promotion.

“I think losing to Brad Tavares was a huge eye opener for me in my career,” he said. “It was probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

“It made me come back and take a look at my career as a whole – like the whole body of work – and really start being a little more diligent about my training. Being a little more serious and pushing to get the best out of me, and be a little more technical as well.”

Baczynski further told MMAWeekly.com, “Every fighter has some formula or remedy for success. Some people find it and some people don’t. I truly I believe I found the formula that works for me.

“Being more consistent on a regular basis, not only in the gym but in my personal life too, just being a lot more consistent and accountable.”

Baczynski will get an opportunity to showcase his refinements as he steps in for an injured DeMarques Johnson against Clay Harvison at UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans.

“He comes after everyone he fights, so it should be an exciting fight for everyone,” said Baczynski. “Whoever is going to get off first and get in a rhythm first is going to win this fight.”

For Baczynski, pacing is everything when it comes to a fight.

“Wherever it is; on the feet, on the ground, in the clinch; wherever it is, I have to be in control at all times,” he said. “I’ve got to be firing off rapid responses for everything he gives me.

“I don’t know how to fight any other way, anyway. I’m going to go for broke every time I fight. I’ve just got to be more technical, try not lose my composure, and stay fundamentally sound amidst all the madness out there.”

Perhaps most importantly for Baczynski, amending his outlook will help make his return to the UFC a longer stay than his previous one.

“I think the biggest thing I learned from my last trip to the UFC is that you have so many people pulling on your coattails and stuff when you get there; I think I lost sight of just going out there and having fun,” he said in closing.

“No matter where it is, every fight’s important at this stage in my career. I’m almost 30 and the clock is ticking, so I’ve got to get while the getting is good. Now I’m finally back in the UFC, I want to stay here.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my progress since first loss

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my process since first loss

DENVER – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at UFC on FO read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

Dan Hardy believes UFC return could be near: 'Confident I have paperwork' that clears me

LONDON — If Dan Hardy has his way, he’ll be fighting inside the octagon before the end of 2018, explaining to MMAjunkie that a team of the United Kingdom’s best cardiologists have now cleared him to read news >>

UFC champ de Randamie believes hand surgery inevitable, responds to Holm, 'Cyborg'

On a media teleconference Thursday, Germaine de Randamie discussed the likelihood of hand surgery and responded to criticism from both Holly Holm and “Cyborg” Justino.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Marcus Edwards Believes LFA 5 Victory Puts Him at the UFC's Door | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Marcus Edwards has a tough fight ahead of him at Friday's LFA 5 in Colorado, but believes a win puts him at the UFC's doorstep. read news >>