#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Cody Garbrandt #Fight One #Dustin Poirier #Anthony Pettis #Fabricio Werdum

Sarah Kaufman (by Arnold Lim)Following her disappointing 54-second submission loss to Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in Strikeforce, former bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman made the decision to make a quick turnaround and take advantage of her promotion’s working agreement with Invicta FC. She signed to turn right back around and fight on Invicta’s upcoming Oct. 6 fight card in Kansas City, Kan.

“I absolutely want to get in there right away or else I wouldn’t have taken the fight,” Kaufman told MMAWeekly.com.

“I think that it’s important that I’m getting in the cage because I want to fight, not because I want to erase a loss. That can be a problem when people just jump right back in and they’re not mentally or physically ready to do it. I’m at the point that I am, and I definitely look forward to taking the fight with Invicta.”

Having averaged about three fights a year prior, Kaufman is pleased to have the opportunity to possibly finish out the year with another fight and not have to wait until 2013 for her next bout.

“I’ve always wanted to be a really active fighter,” she said. “I love fighting and having something to work towards in training.

“I’m easily motivated when I have a goal, as most people are, and it’s great that Sean Shelby has reached out to Invicta and allowed the fighters who don’t have a fight coming up in the near future to step in and get another fight.”

When it comes to Invicta, Kaufman has been nothing but impressed in her short time with the promotion.

“When they had their first card, I was actually away and wasn’t able to watch the first event, but I was able to watch their second event and it was amazing,” she said. “They had really high quality, exciting fights, and they treat the fighters really well (based on) how I’ve been treated the last couple of days.”

Kaufman is scheduled to face Kaitlin Young, a fighter she was originally supposed to have squared off against nearly five years ago.

“Kaitlin and I were originally supposed to fight when EliteXC was around and my first fight was supposed to be on their November (2007) card. Three weeks before the fight, it kind of fell through, so it’s interesting to come back and have the opportunity to once again prepare for Kaitlin,” said Kaufman.

“She’s got great striking, is strong and tall, and she comes ready to fight, so this is going to be a great match-up for me and the fans, as well.”

Looking back on her fight with Rousey a couple weeks ago that lead to her signing to fight in Invicta, Kaufman is nothing but honest about her performance that night.

“I don’t really know what else I can say other than I wasn’t happy with my performance,” she said. “Going in, I had a really good camp and game plan and for whatever reason it just didn’t happen; I didn’t do it. Clearly it was a big disappointment and it’s no fault of anyone’s but my own.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more news on Sarah Kaufman and Invicta FC.

(Photo courtesy of Arnold Lim)

Galleries

Ronda Rousey Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Winner of World Class Fight League 20's amateur tournament gets Invicta FC contract

Invicta FC will get a new roster member next year, and it’ll come by way of an amateur tournament.Filed under: News read news >>

Jennifer Maia puts 125 title on line vs. Agnieszka Niedzwiedz at Invicta FC 26 in December

Invicta FC will return in December, a week later than previously reported, and the flyweight title will be on the line in the main event.Filed under: News read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk gunning for Ronda Rousey's record; Colby Covington unleashes on Tyron Woodley | MMAWeekly.com

On the latest Fight Society podcast, UFC women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and rising welterweight star Colby Covington join the show. read news >>

Hendricks feels 'reborn' after training with Jackson-Wink for UFC 217

“All I can say is that I’m excited, I can’t wait to see improvements I have made and how much better have I gotten in just four weeks. That’s what I’m excited about. I’m getting reborn in a sense," H read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk has no doubt she'll beat Ronda Rousey's UFC title-defense record

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is promising history in her title fight with Rose Namajunas at UFC 217.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants Ronda Rousey's record, but instead will history repeat itself at UFC 217?

Joanna Jedrzejczyk has a huge title defense in front of her at UFC 217, but could she be overlooking Rose Namajunas?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

How childhood friend, fellow judoka Ronda Rousey influenced Pauline Macias' path to MMA

Pauline Macias was burned out after 20 years of judo competition, and that’s when childhood friend Ronda Rousey factored in. Filed under: News read news >>

Like Friend Ronda Rousey, Pauline Macias Making It in MMA | MMAWeekly.com

Pauline Macias (2-0) will look to remain undefeated against veteran Jennifer Clausius (6-4) in an amateur 125-pound bout at Valor Fights 46 on Saturday. read news >>

Triple H addresses possibility of Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor joining WWE

Triple H says it won’t be easy for Conor McGregor but expresses eagerness to bring on Ronda Rousey.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk after UFC 217 title loss: 'Don't compare me to Ronda Rousey'

Joanna Jedrzejczyk wanted Ronda Rousey’s record but now is dismissing parallel’s to her career after losing her title at UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>