Sara McMann passed the stiffest test of her career Saturday with a unanimous decision over Shayna Baszler at Invicta FC 2.

Coming off the win, the Olympic silver medalist in wrestling joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show to discuss the judges’ scorecards, Ronda Rousey and more.

On debate following the decision: “I think that really what the problem is, is anytime you have a close fight, there’s no point system. I’ve won plenty of [wrestling] matches by one or two points. And it was a close match, but I still won it. With MMA, since there’s no point system, they don’t put up who won each round [immediately after the round] so each fighter’s aware of it. It leaves a lot of ambiguity and it leaves a lot of opinion in the fights. Basically for the way the decision went, I think that both people fighting their hearts out, they’re always going to feel like they won. Because in a way when you put everything on the line and you give the best that you have, you have won in a sense.”

On one judging giving her all three rounds: “I was even a little confused about the 30-27 because I would have said that I won two of the rounds, the first and third round, and I could understandably say that I didn’t win the [second] round because she was attacking submissions. The only justification that I saw might have influenced it is that I got the takedown to put her on the ground for the submission attacks, and then I got out, and then I finished on her back. That might be where maybe that judge felt two takedowns were … I don’t know really. I think she did very strong submission attempts and I had to work really hard to get out of them. Me personally, I didn’t think that I won that round.”

On not rushing her MMA career: “I have my peace of mind in my wrestling career. I’m doing this because I enjoy doing it. It’s not about skyrocketing to the top and it’s not about making a bunch of money or people knowing my name. This is about the journey for me. I really want to have a good, solid career, and at the end I want to look and say I’m a skilled mixed martial artist. … I could go in probably and take people down and hold them down and win decisions, but it just isn’t what I’m interested in being.”

On learning from her bout against Baszler: “I’ve learned so much from this last fight. The length of time I kept it on the feet -- I mean, I have so much to go back and work on and so many things to tweak. That’s the exciting part for me.”

On future opponents: “Basically whoever’s at the top is the person I have my bull’s-eye on. Whoever’s the number one girl at 135 and anyone ranked above me, that’s who I want to fight. I like the fact that I’m working my way up the ladder and fighting a huge variety of different opponents, some strikers and some grapplers. I want to be a good, well-rounded mixed martial artist. It takes time and it takes experience. It takes revealing mistakes and going back to the room and correcting them. I’m really happy with this route. If I wanted to, I could make a big deal and sign with Strikeforce and be doing it really soon, but I don’t feel like I need any rush. I just want to get better.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 59:25).

Bellator 171's Melvin Guillard eyes fight with Paul Daley, wants to avoid B.J. Penn-like career end

Melvin Guillard has a bout with Chidi Njokuani lined up for Friday’s Bellator 171 event, but he’s already considering what could come after, and he’s seeking an explosive fight in the welterweight di read news >>

Sara McMann: 'I Stand with Standing Rock!' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC bantamweight Sara McMann joined fellow Olympic Medalist Ronda Rousey in showing support for the protesters at the Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 results: Francis Ngannou wastes Andrei Arlovski for fast first-round TKO

DENVER – Francis Ngannou passed his first test against a marquee name, knocking out Andrei Arlovski to pick up his fifth straight win and advance in the heavyweight division.Filed under: Featured, Ne read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Inside the impressive career facts and figures for UFC 208 co-headliner Anderson Silva

Former longtime pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva once again returns to the octagon on Saturday when he takes on Derek Brunson in the UFC 208 co-main event. Get a look at his impressive career numb read news >>

Holm vs. De Randamie: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 208

The UFC will add a new champion to the fold when Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie close out UFC 208 on Saturday, February 11, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The main event features read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Looking to Solidify Fighting Career with UFC Title | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC will crown its first female 145-pound champion at UFC 208 on Saturday. Either Germaine de Randamie or Holly Holm will make history. read news >>