#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Paul Daley #Ovince St. Preux #Lorenz Larkin #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Roy Nelson #Javy Ayala #Benson Henderson

Olympic wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann recently joined the UFC, and she believes Ronda Rousey deserves some credit for the opportunity.

Ahead of her transition to the sport’s biggest promotion, McMann joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show to discuss Rousey, possible opponents and much more.

On whether she expects to fight Alexis Davis in her debut: “I talked to my manager, and he doesn’t seem to think that Alexis is going to be my opponent, or at least they haven’t said anything about that yet. That’s what I thought. When I talked to my manager, I thought maybe that’s why they presented us both as signing with the UFC instead of where they introduced Cat [Zingano] and Miesha [Tate] as against each other. The fact that they introduced us as just having been signed, maybe we’re going to fight other people. I don’t know.”

On fans on the Internet saying she didn’t want to fight Ronda Rousey: “Did the Internet, did they give you any mention of I wasn’t asked? Or Miesha Tate apparently wasn’t asked either? Because that’s also another part of the story. … It’s kind of silly because I’m going to fight every single one of those girls. Everyone that’s at the 135-pound weight class, I will be fighting. It just really doesn’t matter the order.”

On Rousey getting so much attention: “I don’t care. If you couldn’t tell by the way that I present myself, I’m not exactly striving for the limelight. I don’t mind it as much, but I really am more sports-oriented. I just like to be great at what I do and I want to beat everybody. That’s more my focus. I’m not uncomfortable with being in the limelight, but I’m definitely not seeking it out. If other people want that and that’s good for them, then it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”

On whether it actually helps that Rousey gets so much attention: “Absolutely. I may not always agree with the things that I hear she does and says, but every girl in the division owes her a thank you for us getting carried into the UFC. Dana White literally said she’s the reason why we’re in. The stuff that she’s done has made all of our boats float a little bit higher in that respect.”

On training with Marcelo Garcia: “It was a humbling experience working with Marcelo Garcia. He’s just phenomenal. He’s one of the most phenomenal athletes I’ve ever been around, and I used to live at the Olympic Training Center.”

On her development: “I consider three and a half years still fairly new at a sport, considering I did wrestling for like 16 years before that. I think that really, the fighter I’m going to be is kind of unfolding to me. I don’t know exactly what things I’m always going to take to and what things are going to go really well with my style. Sometimes I’m really surprised at things that come really natural in training.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:59).

Galleries

Ronda Rousey Fights

• a year ago

Comments

The photos are in: Ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne get married in Hawaii

The most dominant women’s champion in UFC history has been off the market for a while, and on Saturday, she made it official. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215 pre-event facts: 2 champions – and 2 Olympic medalists – on tap

For more on the numbers behind Saturday’s deep UFC 215 lineup, check out 60 pre-event facts.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ketlen Vieira Beats Sara McMann at Her Own Game (UFC 215 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Ketlen Vieira's upset of Sara McMann at UFC 215 on Saturday in Edmonton. read news >>

After upsetting Olympian Sara McMann, is Ketlen Vieira ready for a UFC title shot?

Ketlen Vieira now has a trio of UFC wins, and the latest – over Olympian Sara McMann – was a biggie. Does a title shot make sense next?Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne Wedding: Attendees, Photos and Details%26#65279;

UFC fighter Travis Browne shared a photo from his wedding ceremony with fellow UFC star Ronda Rousey on Saturday in Hawaii. The couple became engaged in April. This article will be updated to provide read news >>

UFC 215's Ketlen Vieira confident but level-headed ahead of 'golden opportunity' vs. Sara McMann

Ahead of her the toughest opponent of her undefeated career, Ketlen Vieira is all respect for onetime title challenger Sara McMann.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jesse Taylor Flatly Denies Taking Steroids, Vows to Fight UFC Anti-Doping Charge | MMAWeekly.com

Jesse Taylor was recently popped for a UFC anti-doping violation, but he vowed to fight the charges. read news >>

Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk hopes to break Ronda Rousey's record – 125 then possible

Although her focus is on UFC 217 opponent Rose Namajunas, champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk is still considering a move up to flyweight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Trainer Says There's a '50-50' Chance She Fights in UFC Again

Ronda Rousey's trainer, Edmond Tarverdyan, told the MMA Hour on Monday that he believes the UFC superstar may fight again, giving her a 50-50 chance to return to the Octagon. "It's going to be her de read news >>

Ketlen Vieira Upsets Sara McMann to Join Ranks of Bantamweight Elite (UFC 215 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Ketlen Vieira became one of the bantamweight elite by taking out former title contender Sara McMann on Saturday at UFC 215 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. RELATED > UFC 215: Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2 Live read news >>