Olympic wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann recently joined the UFC, and she believes Ronda Rousey deserves some credit for the opportunity.

Ahead of her transition to the sport’s biggest promotion, McMann joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show to discuss Rousey, possible opponents and much more.

On whether she expects to fight Alexis Davis in her debut: “I talked to my manager, and he doesn’t seem to think that Alexis is going to be my opponent, or at least they haven’t said anything about that yet. That’s what I thought. When I talked to my manager, I thought maybe that’s why they presented us both as signing with the UFC instead of where they introduced Cat [Zingano] and Miesha [Tate] as against each other. The fact that they introduced us as just having been signed, maybe we’re going to fight other people. I don’t know.”

On fans on the Internet saying she didn’t want to fight Ronda Rousey: “Did the Internet, did they give you any mention of I wasn’t asked? Or Miesha Tate apparently wasn’t asked either? Because that’s also another part of the story. … It’s kind of silly because I’m going to fight every single one of those girls. Everyone that’s at the 135-pound weight class, I will be fighting. It just really doesn’t matter the order.”

On Rousey getting so much attention: “I don’t care. If you couldn’t tell by the way that I present myself, I’m not exactly striving for the limelight. I don’t mind it as much, but I really am more sports-oriented. I just like to be great at what I do and I want to beat everybody. That’s more my focus. I’m not uncomfortable with being in the limelight, but I’m definitely not seeking it out. If other people want that and that’s good for them, then it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”

On whether it actually helps that Rousey gets so much attention: “Absolutely. I may not always agree with the things that I hear she does and says, but every girl in the division owes her a thank you for us getting carried into the UFC. Dana White literally said she’s the reason why we’re in. The stuff that she’s done has made all of our boats float a little bit higher in that respect.”

On training with Marcelo Garcia: “It was a humbling experience working with Marcelo Garcia. He’s just phenomenal. He’s one of the most phenomenal athletes I’ve ever been around, and I used to live at the Olympic Training Center.”

On her development: “I consider three and a half years still fairly new at a sport, considering I did wrestling for like 16 years before that. I think that really, the fighter I’m going to be is kind of unfolding to me. I don’t know exactly what things I’m always going to take to and what things are going to go really well with my style. Sometimes I’m really surprised at things that come really natural in training.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:59).

Sara McMann: 'I Stand with Standing Rock!' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC bantamweight Sara McMann joined fellow Olympic Medalist Ronda Rousey in showing support for the protesters at the Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota. read news >>

Sara McMann sad she may never get chance to rematch former UFC champs Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate

• 23 hours ago

HALIFAX – Like most fighters, Sara McMann wants the opportunity to avenge her losses. But when it comes to rematches with Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate, the chance may be gone forever.Filed under: Fea read news >>

Bellator in Talks with Former UFC Broadcaster Mike Goldberg | MMAWeekly.com

Longtime UFC broadcaster Mike Goldberg was recently released by the promotion, but could become the latest UFC free agent to come to terms with Bellator. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Joins Dana White in Shooting Down Conor McGregor Rumor | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather joined UFC president Dana White on Tuesday in shooting down Conor McGregor rumors. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105 results: Sara McMann swiftly finishes Gina Mazany with arm-triangle choke

• 10 hours ago

HALIFAX – One-time women’s bantamweight title challenger Sara McMann made quick work of newcomer Gina Mazany, securing an arm-triangle early in the first.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

McMann overcomes hurdles, sets sights on title

Sara McMann has never had it easy - be it in life or the UFC - but her willingness to keep battling is what makes her unique. It's also the reason that she's able to overcome early stumbles and set h read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105's Sara McMann has no interest in featherweight: 'I want the title at 135'

HALIFAX – Don’t count on Sara McMann to add some depth to the newly introduced UFC women’s featherweight class.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Champ Amanda Nunes Issues Apology to Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes on Tuesday issued an apology to former champ Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

UFC Performance Institute Hopes to Minimize Injuries, Advance Training Techniques | MMAWeekly.com

UFC recently unveiled irs newly constructed Performance Institute in Las Vegas. The enormous, 30,000 square foot facility was built to assist fighters. read news >>