#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Conor McGregor #DWTNCS #GGG #Nate Diaz #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping

Sally Krumdiack - Invicta FCHaving alternated wins and losses in her last six fights, women’s 115-pound fighter “Slick” Sally Krumdiack is looking to get back on track and find some consistency, especially after her most recent loss.

At Invicta FC 1 this past April, Krumdiack started off strong against Sarah Schneider before succumbing to a triangle armbar halfway through the first round of their fight.

“There were a couple of things I could have done, but I feel like I just got caught,” said Krumdiack. “One of her three punches cut my nose and that was quite distracting. Even though it didn’t hurt, it was just distracting to have that much blood pouring from my face because it’s never happened before.

“Once we got to the ground and once she had my arm pinned, I couldn’t get it out. If we played it again, it could go either way again. I’m not discounting myself thinking I did horrible that night.”

Krumdiack will have an opportunity to rebound on Saturday night at CageSport 20 in Tacoma, Wash., against Patricia Virdonic.

“She comes out hard and I’ve heard she’s super strong,” said Krumdiack of Virdonic. “Nothing’s really clean or crisp, and it’s nothing I haven’t faced before, so it’s nothing that I should be scared of. I don’t have to look out for certain things.

“She likes to be on the cage and so do I. It should be a lot of meeting each other in the cage, I have a feeling.”

It’s that cage work that Krumdiack told MMAWeekly.com could very well be the key to the fight.

“I’d been working a lot on my wrestling up against the cage and my takedown defense because she likes to do takedowns off the cage and use pressure,” said Krumdiack.

A win over Virdonic could help Krumdiack return to Invicta. She had such a positive experience there last time; she’d like to return to the promotion.

“That fight experience was awesome from start to finish,” she said. “I thought that if their show went off as well as everything else, they would go far.

“As far as I heard they had an amazing amount of viewers. It went very smoothly. There were no hitches in the show and it’s cool to see that in a woman’s event. I would love to fight on their card again and I hope my loss doesn’t make them not want me.”

If the opportunity to return to Invicta doesn’t come sooner than later, Krumdiack is fine with that. She intends to keep her course and do things her way, regardless of what others may feel is a quicker path towards stardom.

“I don’t have a big desire to be on TV, that’s not my thing,” she said. “I like being on the spotlight, but I don’t have a big mouth like a lot of these fighters and I’m not marketable in that way. If that’s what they’re looking for, they’re not going to see it from me.”

(Photo courtesy of Invicta FC)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Get To Know TUF Cast: Lauren Murphy

Lauren Murphy, a former Invicta FC bantamweight champion with four UFC fights to her name, didn’t feel like an MMA veteran earlier this year. Then she joined the cast of The Ultimate Fighter and ever read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 pre-event facts: Jessica Andrade 1st female with a dozen UFC fights

• 14 hours ago

Check out 40 facts, figures and footnotes about UFC Fight Night 117, which features an Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Why you should really pay attention to Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183

• 11 hours ago

There are certain fights that bring out your inner-fan, and Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183 is one of them. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

A somber Dana White wonders if Jon Jones ever fights again after champ's failed UFC 214 drug test

“It’s brutal. It’s unbelievable,” Dana White said of Jon Jones’ failed drug test at UFC 214.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen eyeing finish over Veta Arteaga now, flyweight belt later

Looking to add a second Bellator win to her 1-1 promotional record, Brazilian flyweight Bruna Ellen is not lacking in confidence.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 182 live video stream and official results (6:30 p.m. ET)

Bellator 182 takes place tonight, and you can join us for a live video stream and official results beginning at 6:30 pm ET.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor: Fight Time, PPV Schedule, Odds and Predictions

Tonight, history will be made inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas as Floyd Mayweather Jr. will take on Conor McGregor in the biggest fight in combat sports history. This fight could go one of two read news >>

Kevin Lee: Conor McGregor is a Paper UFC Lightweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Kevin Lee fights for the interim lightweight title against Tony Ferguson at UFC 216 and says the bout will crown the real lightweight champion. read news >>

UFC 215 lineup set with 2 title fights in Edmonton, including Demetrious Johnson's quest for record

The lineup is set for the UFC’s return trip to Canada next month, including a pair of title fights at the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Paulie, Canelo, Golovkin: Crossover Fights for Conor McGregor to Consider

Conor McGregor had the most lucrative boxing debut of all time. It's safe to say he has more opportunities than any 0-1 fighter coming off a TKO loss. Given the skills and mettle he showed while surv read news >>