Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

UFC Fight Night 104 discussion thread

HOUSTON – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 104 event at Toyota Center in Houston, which kicks off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT). You can discuss the event here.Filed u read news >>

UFC 208 discussion thread

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC 208 event at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., which kicks off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT). You can discuss the event here.Fil read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105 discussion thread

HALIFAX – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 event at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, which kicks off at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT). You can disc read news >>

It's not Ellenberger, but Patrick Cote gets UFC 210 date against Thiago Alves in Buffalo

Patrick Cote was hoping to get on the UFC’s return to Buffalo in April, and he has gotten his wish – just not against the opponent he was looking for. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Has Signed for UFC Return | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Friday made Georges St-Pierre's return to the Octagon official. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Granted Exemption, Cleared of UFC Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

USADA on Friday announced that Cris Cyborg has been granted a retroactive Therapeutic Use Exemption and will therefore not face an anti-doping policy violation. read news >>

USADA clears 'Cyborg' Justino for immediate return to UFC

Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino was granted the exemption after a comprehensive review of her medical history involving spironolactone, the banned diuretic for which she tested positive, USADA said. Filed read news >>

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino Cleared to Return to UFC by Doping Agency

UFC star Cris Cyborg will not face a suspension from the United States Anti-Doping Agency for a drug test failure. USADA officially announced its decision regarding Cyborg on Friday on its official w read news >>

UFC Halifax One to Watch: Carla Esparza vs. Randa Markos | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Todd Lussier/Zuffa LLC Boring fights. Rubbish officiating. Terrible judging. It will take a considerable amount of good MMA action to wash away the bitter taste left following UFC 208—the pr read news >>

Mike Goldberg Might Be Moving to Bellator | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Al Powers/Zuffa LLC This past weekend at UFC 208 there was an air of professionalism and reserve to the proceedings longtime fans of MMA may have found disconcerting. After all, this was the read news >>