#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Conor McGregor #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

Comments

UFC Fight Night 115 discussion thread

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 115 in the Netherlands, which kicks off at 11:45 am ET; discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Hoping to Re-Book Ray Borg Fight Right Away | MMAWeekly.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson was supposed to be fighting on Saturday, but he was instead left answering questions. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116 discussion thread

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 116 at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh. You can discuss the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215 discussion thread

MMAjunkie is reporting live from today’s UFC 215 event in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 discussion thread

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 117 in Saitama, Japan, which kicks off at 8 p.m. ET. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Watch UFC Fight Night 117's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

Watch a live video stream of the UFC Fight Night 117 post-event press conference from Japan here on MMAjunkie at approximately 1:15 a.m. ET.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

How to watch UFC-Japan tonight: Fight card, start time, online results, how to stream Saint Preux vs. Okami

The UFC returns to Japan tonight with UFC Fight Night 117. Here’s how to watch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Despite mixed results, high hopes for ex-UFC fighters in Bellator

It hasn’t been smooth sailing so far for Benson Henderson or Lorenz Larkin. Roy Nelson tests the waters for the first time at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Felipe Arantes vs. Josh Emmett added to UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

The upcoming UFC Fight Night 118 event in Poland has a new addition: Felipe Arantes vs. Josh Emmett.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch Ovince Saint Preux KO Patrick Cummins (UFC Japan Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Ovince Saint Preux improved his record in the UFC to 6-1 after his victory over Patrick Cummins at Fight Night Newark in 2015. read news >>