#Duane Ludwig #Julian Lane #Ramsey Nijem #Justin Buchholz #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Jewels #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #TJ Dillashaw #Jon Jones

Ryan BenoitAfter three wins in his first four fights, bantamweight prospect Ryan “Baby Face” Benoit was off to a good start. But it’s been in his last three fights that he’s really blossomed.

Benoit credits his surge to approaching his striking differently, as well as raising the level all around on his individual skills.

“I went down to Mexico a little bit and trained for about a month at (boxing light-middleweight world champion) Canelo (Alvarez’s) gym,” said Benoit. “And when I came back I started training with Jesus Chavez and it’s definitely opened my eyes a lot to a different way of striking.

“Boxing is a completely different game and I respect boxers a lot. I’ve really worked it into my game. And I’ve also worked with a lot of really good Muay Thai guys over the past year. To be in that type of environment has helped me be able to compete at a high level.”

Benoit pointed to his recent results as proof that all the effort he’s put forth has been worth it.

“The work I’ve put in has really paid off, because I fought three times last year and they all ended in the first round pretty quickly. I think that little transition and change has made the biggest effect. Wanting to be the best at every specific category of fighting has the biggest difference as a whole in my game.”

Now sporting a 6-1 record, Benoit returns at MFC 37 on Friday in the promotion’s first bantamweight showdown against fellow up and comer Anthony Birchak (9-1) in Edmonton, Canada, live on AXS TV. The fight was even bumped up to main event status when the original battle for the vacant MFC heavyweight champion had to be scrapped.

“Anthony comes to bang every time and he’s definitely not scared to fight,” said Benoit. “He’s a little wild, I think, but he swings hard, and that’s what promoters and matchmakers want. He’s very aggressive, but he’s got a lot of holes in his game and I can see those holes very easily and I’m going to do my best to expose them.

“I asked for this fight when I saw he signed with the MFC. He’s got a good record, is a real solid opponent, and is up there with me in the rankings. But I think it’s a bad match-up for him and a good match-up for me, and all the work that I’ve put in is definitely going to pay off.”

Not only is this bout important for the history of the MFC, being it’s first major bout at 135 pounds, but it also could prove to be a watershed moment for both fighters’ careers with all the hype surrounding it.

“We’ve been having our little Twitter battles and there’s been a lot of interviews with us talking smack to each other and I think it’s really great for us,” said Benoit. “It’s exposing us so much more to everyone all over the world and it’s going to be the most high-profile fight I’ve ever had and I really want to shine.

“I want everybody to see what I’m all about and really show my potential in this fight.”

Daniel Gallemore Confident in His Abilities Against Daniel James at Victory FC 57 | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Gallemore (6-3) will seek to keep his winning streak going when he takes on Daniel James (6-2-1) in the Victory FC 57 main event on Friday. read news >>

Demian Maia Split Decisions Jorge Masvidal, Earns Title Shot (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia extended his winning streak to seven consecutive fights on Saturday by defeating Jorge Masvidal by split decision at UFC 211 in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

Stipe Miocic, the UFC's Unlikeliest Champ, Nears Heavyweight History

The baddest man on the planet is an American everyman, a Rust Belt resident, part-time firefighter and soft-spoken gentleman who fights out of a town named "Independence." The baddest man on the plan read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Stipe Miocic, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and UFC 211's other winning fighters?

After every event, fans wonder whom the winners will be matched up with next. And with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it's time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean Shelby and read news >>

UFC 211 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 211 pay-per-view event in Dallas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check them out.Fil read news >>

Andrea Lee Plans Remains Aggressive in Pursuit of Invicta Flyweight Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Andrea Lee (6-2) will look to add to her winning streak when she returns to Invicta on Saturday to take on Liz Tracy (3-1) in a main card 125-pound bout. read news >>

Marc Stevens Titan FC 44 Game Plan: 'Put Robert Turnquest Away' | MMAWeekly.com

Marc Stevens (21-10) will seek to keep on the winning track in his first bout of 2017 against Robert Turnquest (6-3) in a 170-pound bout at Titan FC 44. read news >>

LFA 12/AXS TV Fights video: Derrick Krantz not expecting ground fight with Ben Neumann

LFA history is on the line tonight in Minnesota when Derrick Krantz and Ben Neumann step into the cage. Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

LFA 12/AXS TV Fights video: Ben Neumann thinks Derrick Krantz can't resist the ground

Video: Before UFC Fight Night 109 headliner, watch Glover Teixeira notch 20th straight win

Back in 2013, Glover Teixeira was riding a 19-fight winning streak as he entered his first UFC headliner. Check out the full fight.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>