#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Conor McGregor #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Roy Jones vs Anderson SilvaUFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva would like to fight former boxing champion Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match, and Jones Jr. has expressed interest in a potential bout.

“Maybe after this fight with Weidman, regardless of the outcome, I would love to fight him.  He’s already said that he would fight me also, so that’s something that I would really like to happen,” said Silva on a recent media conference call.  “I feel that his boxing style is one that I’d like to test myself against.  I’ve always been a fan of his, and I just always wanted to test myself against Roy Jones.”

Jones will be in attendance at UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman on Saturday and is talking with UFC president Dana White.

“Roy Jones Jr. is coming (to UFC 162),” said White on Thursday following the UFC 162 pre-fight press conference.

“Well, it makes no sense to me. It’s like these guys when they grew up had their heroes or whatever the deal is, it’s something Anderson wants to do,” said White about a potential match-up.

“Roy and I are talking,” added the UFC president.  Asked if it would be a boxing match if the bout materializes, White said, “Roy and I are talking.”

While Silva has indicated he wants to do a boxing match with Jones, White’s comments alluded to the possibility of an MMA bout. Jones on Friday bolstered that speculation when he commented to Kevin Iole, a leading reporter for MMAWeekly.com content partner Yahoo! Sports.

“I’m stunned, but I just got a text from @RealRoyJonesJr and he said he is planning to talk to @danawhite about fighting MMA. Whoa,” tweeted Iole.

Regardless of the discipline, in a recent interview with TMZ.com, the 44-year-old boxer indicated that for the fight to happen it would need to happen soon.

“I don’t like wasting time. I don’t want to talk about something that’s not going to happen so if you want to do it, I would love to do it,” Jones Jr. said to TMZ. “Of course if we’re going to do it shortly, if it’s two, three years down the line, I can’t make no promise. But if we’re going to do it immediately, right away, like after the next fight, then it can happen.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

Demetrious Johnson: TJ Dillashaw Superfight Demands Superfight Money | MMAWeekly.com

Leading up UFC 215, Demetrious Johnson talks about his frosty relationship with Dana White over refusing to fight TJ Dillashaw. read news >>

Not Interested in UFC 215? Blame Dana White.

If there existed a Promoter's Rulebook, somewhere among the first few rules listed would be:"Do not bury your athletes, no matter how angry they make you.*"And down at the bottom of the page, in a ti read news >>

New UFC 215 Main Event Set as Amanda Nunes and Valentina Shevchenko Make Weight | MMAWeekly.com

Though UFC president Dana White said he wouldn't put Amanda Nunes in a main event right away after she withdrew from UFC 213 on the day of the fight, he had no choice but to do so for this weekend's read news >>

The Rise of Women’s MMA

UFC President Dana White laughs at it now, but in 2011, he was adamant that women would never fight in the Octagon. It wasn’t a sexist comment, but one based on the realities of the female mixed mart read news >>

Anyanwu steps up for PA assignment against Ledet

The latest alumnus from Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series to graduate to the UFC, heavyweight Zu Anyanwu will get a home game in Pennsylvania this Saturday when he steps in to read news >>

Dana White Contender Series Free Fight: Boston Salmon vs. Ricky Turcios | MMAWeekly.com

See the fight from Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series that earned Boston Salmon a UFC contract. read news >>

Donald Cerrone, in 'new-age Tombstone outfit,' talks new film, Ray Borg, not studying opponents

Donald Cerrone is a many of many talents and opinions.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Give a (expletive)? Tickets for UFC 217 on sale today

When UFC President Dana White is your social media manager, don’t expect Madison Avenue messaging.Filed under: Blue Corner, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White wants you to watch both UFC-Pittsburgh and Canelo vs. GGG tonight

UFC President Dana White is pumped for both UFC Fight Night 116 and Canelo vs. GGG.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Dana White Not Stooping to Oscar De La Hoya's Derogatory Level for Canelo vs. Golovkin | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White is taking the high road when it comes to Oscar De La Hoya promoted Canelo vs. Golovkin pay-per-view. read news >>