#Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Jewels #Daniel Cormier #Cris Cyborg #Paul Daley #Jon Jones #UFC 202

Ross Pearson entered the cage with supreme confidence ahead of his headlining lightweight clash with George Sotiropoulos at UFC on FX 6, a fact the Brit credits to his intense preparation.

“This whole camp, I’ve been shining just like the old me. I was just on cloud nine, realizing why I love this sport and [remembering] why I love doing what I do,” Pearson told Fox Sports following a third-round knockout of Sotiropoulos at Gold Coast Convention Centre in Gold Coast, Australia. “I felt good for it, and all the confidence I had going into tonight was from that hard work. I got my body lean, and I didn’t have to cut all that weight. I was prepared mentally and physically and wasn’t draining myself. I was just ready to go.”

The 28-year-old dropped to featherweight at the end of last year, posting a 1-1 record at 145 pounds before returning to lightweight to meet Sotiropoulos, the opposing coach on “The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. U.K.”

Pearson continually found a home for his snappy left hook throughout tonight’s contest, staggering the Sotiropoulos in round one before slipping up and giving the Aussie his back to end the frame. Though Pearson appeared in trouble, “The Real Deal” kept his cool and escaped the position.

“I was comfortable. He had [his forearm] across my face, like a face-bar,” said Pearson. “It’s not nice having someone on your back, so it was a bit of a scramble getting out of there. I didn’t want to be in that position again, but I was never in danger.”

Pearson then persevered in the second frame, walking through a steady jab from Sotiropoulos in order to floor his foe with another left hook. Sotiropoulos would hit the canvas twice in the third stanza, the final time coming off a sharp two-punch combination that earned Pearson the technical knockout victory just 41 seconds into the round.

“I knew that I found my range and timing [in the first round], and I knew that I had found the shot that I wanted to land,” said Pearson. “I know I always want to get on someone and bulldoze them and pressure them, but my team was holding us back and [advising patience]. I listened to my corner and didn’t rush in or go too crazy. I knew the knockout would come -- I just had to touch him. I found the shot early, and in the third round, I landed it.”

The victory marks Pearson’s sixth Octagon victory and his fifth career knockout. His coaching rival now in his rear-view mirror, the “TUF 9” winner says he will take on whomever the UFC places in front of him.

“I’ve been in this sport now a long time, and I just have to keep grinding and keep working. Whomever the UFC puts forward, I’m willing to step up and fight him,” said Pearson. “I’ve never turned down a fight, and I never will. I’m ready for the next step in my career.”

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Is Ripped and Tan Ahead of UFC 211 | MMAWeekly.com

Joanna Jedrzejczyk puts her title on the line for the fifth time at UFC 211. Joanna Champion is ripped and ready. read news >>

Ahead of the UFC 211 rematch, take a look back at Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos I

The heavyweight title is back on the line next week in Dallas with a highly anticipated rematch. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Miocic, JDS promise KO; Joanna Champion predicts fireworks at UFC 211

The headlining stars of UFC 211 - Stipe Miocic, Junior Dos Santos, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Jessica Andrade - spoke Thursday, and they predicted fireworks for next week's big event in Dallas read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Stipe Miocic joins the podcast

UFC Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic calls in ahead of his rematch with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211. Plus, Jim hosts the show solo and talks to Chris The Producer about the Canelo vs. Chavez, Jr. f read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 211

Ahead of UFC 211, UFC Fight Pass analyst Dan Hardy and broadcast partner John Gooden break down Saturday’s co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Ahead of UFC 211, watch Junior Dos Santos' 2010 knockout of Gabriel Gonzaga

Watch the full fight between Junio Dos Santos and Gabriel Gonzaga, which took place March 21, 2010, at UFC on Versus 1.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demian Maia cleaned his mind of title shot talk ahead of UFC 211 bout with Jorge Masvidal

DALLAS – Demian Maia is not wasting time or energy obsessing about fighting for the welterweight title ahead of his UFC 211 clash with Jorge Masvidal.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>