#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 117 #Gokhan Saki #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Jessica Andrade #Luke Rockhold #Claudia Gadelha #Saint Preux #David Branch

Ross Pearson entered the cage with supreme confidence ahead of his headlining lightweight clash with George Sotiropoulos at UFC on FX 6, a fact the Brit credits to his intense preparation.

“This whole camp, I’ve been shining just like the old me. I was just on cloud nine, realizing why I love this sport and [remembering] why I love doing what I do,” Pearson told Fox Sports following a third-round knockout of Sotiropoulos at Gold Coast Convention Centre in Gold Coast, Australia. “I felt good for it, and all the confidence I had going into tonight was from that hard work. I got my body lean, and I didn’t have to cut all that weight. I was prepared mentally and physically and wasn’t draining myself. I was just ready to go.”

The 28-year-old dropped to featherweight at the end of last year, posting a 1-1 record at 145 pounds before returning to lightweight to meet Sotiropoulos, the opposing coach on “The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. U.K.”

Pearson continually found a home for his snappy left hook throughout tonight’s contest, staggering the Sotiropoulos in round one before slipping up and giving the Aussie his back to end the frame. Though Pearson appeared in trouble, “The Real Deal” kept his cool and escaped the position.

“I was comfortable. He had [his forearm] across my face, like a face-bar,” said Pearson. “It’s not nice having someone on your back, so it was a bit of a scramble getting out of there. I didn’t want to be in that position again, but I was never in danger.”

Pearson then persevered in the second frame, walking through a steady jab from Sotiropoulos in order to floor his foe with another left hook. Sotiropoulos would hit the canvas twice in the third stanza, the final time coming off a sharp two-punch combination that earned Pearson the technical knockout victory just 41 seconds into the round.

“I knew that I found my range and timing [in the first round], and I knew that I had found the shot that I wanted to land,” said Pearson. “I know I always want to get on someone and bulldoze them and pressure them, but my team was holding us back and [advising patience]. I listened to my corner and didn’t rush in or go too crazy. I knew the knockout would come -- I just had to touch him. I found the shot early, and in the third round, I landed it.”

The victory marks Pearson’s sixth Octagon victory and his fifth career knockout. His coaching rival now in his rear-view mirror, the “TUF 9” winner says he will take on whomever the UFC places in front of him.

“I’ve been in this sport now a long time, and I just have to keep grinding and keep working. Whomever the UFC puts forward, I’m willing to step up and fight him,” said Pearson. “I’ve never turned down a fight, and I never will. I’m ready for the next step in my career.”

Comments

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Stefan Struve vs. Alexander Volkov at UFC Fight Night 115

Ahead of UFC Fight Night 115, Dan Hardy, John Gooden and Nick Peet, break down Saturday’s main event and other fights on the card.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Johnson vs. Borg, Nunes vs. Shevchenko Face Off Ahead of Double Title Fight at UFC 215 | MMAWeekly.com

Two titles will go up for grabs at UFC 215 as Demetrious Johnson takes on Ray Borg and Amanda Nunes faces Valentina Shevchenko after they were originally scheduled to meet in July. On Thursday, all f read news >>

Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee Engage in Heated Face Off Ahead of UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee had to be separated by UFC president Dana White on Thursday after a heated face off during a media day in Las Vegas. Ferguson will face Lee to crown a new interim lightwei read news >>

Unbeaten Rob Wilkinson not stressing out about losing one day ahead of UFC Rotterdam

Coming to the UFC at 11-0, and with nine first-round finishes, Australia’s Rob Wilkinson is ready to show his skills at the next level.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

'UFC on the Fly': behind the scenes with hard-working Leon Edwards before UFC Rotterdam

Go behind the scenes with England’s Leon Edwards ahead of his UFC Fight Night 115 fight in Rotterdam against Bryan Barberena.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Rotterdam Fighter Q&A Replay with Alistair Overeem, Michael Johnson and Volkan Oezdemir | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of Saturday's UFC Fight Night 115, Alistair Overeem, Michael Johnson, and Volkan Oezdemir fielded questions from fans. read news >>

UFC Countdown: Luke Rockhold vs. David Branch (FULL Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Go inside the gyms and lives of Luke Rockhold and David Branch ahead of their UFC Pittsburgh main event. read news >>

After impressive UFC-Rotterdam headlining win, Alexander Volkov stumps for UFC event in Russia

Alexander Volkov is more concerned with bringing the UFC to his home country of Russia than calling out his next opponent.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215 Johnson vs. Borg Full Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

Take a closer look at the two world title fights headlining UFC 215 on Saturday at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. read news >>