#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Kristina Williams #Bellator MMA #Heather Hardy #Conor McGregor #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP

Dann StuppFormer UFC welterweight title challenger and current Bellator contender Rory MacDonald didn’t hold back during today’s Reddit AMA.

MacDonald (19-4 MMA, 1-0 BMMA), who recently made a successful Bellator debut with a submission victory over vet Paul Daley in May, answered a number of questions from fans as part of the social-media site’s “ask me anything” event.

However, one answer stuck out – one that involved former champion Robbie Lawler, who scored a come-from-behind TKO victory over MacDonald in a legendary bout that was named MMAjunkie’s 2015 “Fight of the Year.”

During today’s Reddit AMA, user “cczzrr” asked Macdonald if Lawler “was on peds when you fought.”

His answer (which came in all caps, like all of his other answers) was succinct: “IM CONVINCED HE WAS.”

The July 2015 bout took place just weeks after the UFC launched its drug-testing program with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which also tested UFC 189 fighters, all of the tests – including Lawler’s – came back clean.

MacDonald, though, seems convinced otherwise, though he didn’t go into details or elaborate during the AMA.

The 28-year-old Canadian also weighed in a number of other topics, including:

What he did for the first few weeks after the UFC 189 fight with Lawler:

“FIRST 3 DAYS I LAYED IN BED. AFTER THAT I PARTIED AND DID WHATEVER I WANTED EVERYDAY AND NIGHT FOR THE REST OF SUMMER”

Thought on Jon Jones’ latest failed drug test:

“SHAMEFUL, LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY THAT DOES THIS CRAP AND HIDES IT, YET GLOATS DURING VICTORY”

Best/worst walkout song:

“MC HAMMER CANT TOUCH THIS WAS THE WORST”

“THAT ONE (TOOl’s ‘Forty Six & 2’) WAS THE BEST FORSURE”

Reaction to speculation that some especially tough fights may mean a shortened career:

“I FEEL BETTER THEN EVER TBH, NOT REALLY WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PPL MAY BELIEVE, I CAN ONLY TRUST HOW IM GENUINELY FEELING. I FORSEE MANY MORE YEARS COMPETING AT THE TOP RANKS OF THE SPORT”

On watching the recent fight between UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia, knowing he’s got past wins over both of them:

“NOT REALLY, I KNOW I WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO SHOW I AM THE BEST WITHOUT A DOUBT AT SOME POINT IN MY CAREER”

Thoughts on Woodley:

“I THINK TYRON IS A VERY STRONG COMPETITOR, VERY STRATEGIC, ATHLETIC BUT I AM AWARE OF HIS WEAKNESSES ALSO”

If he rematched Woodley:

“I WOULD SUBMIT OR TKO HIM”

What if “some billionaire offered you $800k to walk up to Brock Lesnar and give him a ‘Stockton Slap,'” would he do it?:

“YES”

If not MMA, what would he have done for a career?

“PROLLY LIVE IN THE WOODS AND DO RANDOM SHIT”

Potential next fights?

“I BELIEVE IF MY NEXT FIGHT IS FOR THE TITLE I WILL BEAT (CHAMP DOUGLAS) LIMA THEN FIGHT THE WINNER OF (GEGARD) MOUSASI VS (RAFAEL) CARVALHO.”

Why Bellator?

“THE MONEY WAS THE BIGGEST FACTOR FOR ME AT THIS POINT OF MY CAREER”

Hobbies?

“I LIKE SPENDING TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, I LIKE THINKING ABOUT GOD AND THE BIBLE, INVESTMENTS, BITCOIN.

“I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO KEEP IT SIMPLE AND TRUST IN YOUR STRENGTHS.

“HEADBUTTS, KNEES AND KICKS TO HEAD ON THE GROUND.”

What it would take to fight Cris Cyborg:

“1 MILL”

On whether UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson is MMA’s pound-for-pound fighter:

“HONESTLY I THINK I AM”

On whether he broke “your caps lock on your keyboard” during the AMA:

“YES”

For more on the Bellator’s upcoming schedule, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

The Blue Corner is MMAjunkie‘s official blog and is edited by Mike Bohn.

Galleries

Robbie Lawler Fights

• a year ago

Rory MacDonald Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Ex-UFC champ Johny Hendricks opens up on move to Jackson Wink MMA

Former UFC welterweight champ Johny Hendricks knew he could no longer continue down the same path after his latest loss.Filed under: Featured, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

Zach Makovsky doesn't have plan beyond ACB 72 headliner vs. Yoni Sherbatov

Former UFC veteran and Bellator champion Zach Makovsky isn’t sure what his fighting future holds.Filed under: News, Radio, Videos read news >>

Douglas Lima on Rory MacDonald face-off: 'I thought he was going to sell me an iPad'

Bellator champ Douglas Lima’s thoughts when he was face to face with a Steve Jobs-looking Rory MacDonald? “I thought he was going to sell me an iPad.”Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

A Fight with Conor? Bellator 3-Division Champ? Rory MacDonald Wants It All

Rory MacDonald seems to have found some extra swagger since arriving in Bellator MMA. Perhaps there's good reason for that. Long regarded as one of the top welterweights in the world, the 28-year-old read news >>

Michael McDonald to make Bellator debut this December in England

Once the youngest competitor in the UFC at 20, Michael McDonald’s quest to rebuild his career in Bellator begins this winter.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Scott Coker: Chuck Liddell would need 'battery of tests' before fighting in Bellator

UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell is talking like he’s about to make a comeback in the Bellator cage, but it won’t be as simple as signing a fight deal.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dominick Cruz: Cody Garbrandt Won't Pull Out of UFC 217 No Matter What | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz explains why current titleholder Cody Garbrandt won't pull out his UFC 217 title defense no matter what. read news >>

UFC Champ Tyron Woodley Drops MLK on NFL Kneelers | MMAWeekly.com

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley recently seemingly weighed in on the NFL kneeling controversy. read news >>

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie rankings, Sept. 26: Does Jessica Andrade deserve another title shot?

With both the UFC and Bellator in action over the weekend, plenty of fighters had a chance to make a statement, but perhaps none did more so than Jessica Andrade.Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rankings, read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 131 – Las Vegas: UFC, Bellator recap, featuring Carano, Werdum, Ferguson

Episode No. 131 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>