#UFC 218 #Conor McGregor #Francis Ngannou #Alistair Overeem #UFC 217 #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #Stipe Miocic #Max Holloway #GSP

Dann StuppFormer UFC welterweight title challenger and current Bellator contender Rory MacDonald didn’t hold back during today’s Reddit AMA.

MacDonald (19-4 MMA, 1-0 BMMA), who recently made a successful Bellator debut with a submission victory over vet Paul Daley in May, answered a number of questions from fans as part of the social-media site’s “ask me anything” event.

However, one answer stuck out – one that involved former champion Robbie Lawler, who scored a come-from-behind TKO victory over MacDonald in a legendary bout that was named MMAjunkie’s 2015 “Fight of the Year.”

During today’s Reddit AMA, user “cczzrr” asked Macdonald if Lawler “was on peds when you fought.”

His answer (which came in all caps, like all of his other answers) was succinct: “IM CONVINCED HE WAS.”

The July 2015 bout took place just weeks after the UFC launched its drug-testing program with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which also tested UFC 189 fighters, all of the tests – including Lawler’s – came back clean.

MacDonald, though, seems convinced otherwise, though he didn’t go into details or elaborate during the AMA.

The 28-year-old Canadian also weighed in a number of other topics, including:

What he did for the first few weeks after the UFC 189 fight with Lawler:

“FIRST 3 DAYS I LAYED IN BED. AFTER THAT I PARTIED AND DID WHATEVER I WANTED EVERYDAY AND NIGHT FOR THE REST OF SUMMER”

Thought on Jon Jones’ latest failed drug test:

“SHAMEFUL, LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY THAT DOES THIS CRAP AND HIDES IT, YET GLOATS DURING VICTORY”

Best/worst walkout song:

“MC HAMMER CANT TOUCH THIS WAS THE WORST”

“THAT ONE (TOOl’s ‘Forty Six & 2’) WAS THE BEST FORSURE”

Reaction to speculation that some especially tough fights may mean a shortened career:

“I FEEL BETTER THEN EVER TBH, NOT REALLY WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PPL MAY BELIEVE, I CAN ONLY TRUST HOW IM GENUINELY FEELING. I FORSEE MANY MORE YEARS COMPETING AT THE TOP RANKS OF THE SPORT”

On watching the recent fight between UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia, knowing he’s got past wins over both of them:

“NOT REALLY, I KNOW I WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO SHOW I AM THE BEST WITHOUT A DOUBT AT SOME POINT IN MY CAREER”

Thoughts on Woodley:

“I THINK TYRON IS A VERY STRONG COMPETITOR, VERY STRATEGIC, ATHLETIC BUT I AM AWARE OF HIS WEAKNESSES ALSO”

If he rematched Woodley:

“I WOULD SUBMIT OR TKO HIM”

What if “some billionaire offered you $800k to walk up to Brock Lesnar and give him a ‘Stockton Slap,'” would he do it?:

“YES”

If not MMA, what would he have done for a career?

“PROLLY LIVE IN THE WOODS AND DO RANDOM SHIT”

Potential next fights?

“I BELIEVE IF MY NEXT FIGHT IS FOR THE TITLE I WILL BEAT (CHAMP DOUGLAS) LIMA THEN FIGHT THE WINNER OF (GEGARD) MOUSASI VS (RAFAEL) CARVALHO.”

Why Bellator?

“THE MONEY WAS THE BIGGEST FACTOR FOR ME AT THIS POINT OF MY CAREER”

Hobbies?

“I LIKE SPENDING TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, I LIKE THINKING ABOUT GOD AND THE BIBLE, INVESTMENTS, BITCOIN.

“I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO KEEP IT SIMPLE AND TRUST IN YOUR STRENGTHS.

“HEADBUTTS, KNEES AND KICKS TO HEAD ON THE GROUND.”

What it would take to fight Cris Cyborg:

“1 MILL”

On whether UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson is MMA’s pound-for-pound fighter:

“HONESTLY I THINK I AM”

On whether he broke “your caps lock on your keyboard” during the AMA:

“YES”

For more on the Bellator’s upcoming schedule, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

The Blue Corner is MMAjunkie‘s official blog and is edited by Mike Bohn.

Galleries

Robbie Lawler Fights

• a year ago

Rory MacDonald Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Volunteer list grows: UFC vet Shane Carwin interested in Bellator grand prix

Former UFC interim heavyweight champion Shane Carwin, who’s previously flirted with the idea of an MMA return, is apparently interested again.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Unfiltered Episode 155: Robbie Lawler and Mike Perry

• a day ago

"Ruthless" Robbie Lawler calls in ahead of his UFC Welterweight title eliminator bout against Rafael dos Anjos this weekend on FOX and discusses RDA as an opponent, and more. Later, Mike Perry joins read news >>

Robbie Lawler: 'If I Fight to the Best of My Abilities, There's No Stopping Me' | MMAWeekly.com

• 12 hours ago

Winning the UFC welterweight championship was a monumental achievement in Robbie Lawler's career and something he'll never forget. Considering Lawler was once touted as the next big thing in the divi read news >>

Michael McDonald's Debut Headlines Final Bellator Event on Spike (Bellator 191 Weigh-in Results) | MMAWeekly.com

• 13 hours ago

Former UFC title contender Michael McDonald debuts at Bellator 191 on Friday, the promotion's final event on the Spike network. read news >>

Ex-champ Matt Hughes says busy UFC schedule 'too commercial' these days

Former and longtime UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes looks back on his fighting days as the “golden age” of the sport.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Report: Former UFC Fighter Tae Hyun Bang Sentenced to Prison in Fight Fixing Scandal | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC fighter Tae Hyun Bang will spend the next 10 months in prison after being convicted and sentenced in a fight fixing scandal in South Korea. According to the Korea Herald, Bang and three br read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Michael Bisping still plans to retire in London in March

A brutal knockout hasn’t changed former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping’s plans for retirement.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC Champ Fabricio Werdum Admits Marcin Tybura is a Dangerous Opponent | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum isn't taking Marcin Tybura lightly as he explains that every heavyweight fight is dangerous. read news >>

Like Rory MacDonald, Linton Vassell wants a spot in Bellator's heavyweight tourney

Linton Vassell knows that MMA tournaments rarely go according to plan.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Colby Covington, Fabricio Werdum Involved in Heated Altercation in Australia | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum and top five ranked welterweight Colby Covington were involved in a physical altercation in Australia in the early morning local time on Thursday. Ther read news >>