#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Cody Garbrandt #Nate Diaz #Dustin Poirier #Fight One #Anthony Pettis

Rory MacDonald is fighting for a few different reasons, but one of them isn’t for the adoration of the fans.

It was very evident in the lead-up to his fight against B.J. Penn at UFC on Fox 5 that MacDonald was not going to be the fan favorite facing off against the Hawaiian legend.

Still most fighters will admit it’s not a good feeling to have an entire arena of people against you on a given night. There are those rare occasions where a fighter such as Josh Koscheck for instance, feeds off of the negative energy.

For Rory MacDonald, he’s like an assassin – cold, emotionless, and has a mission when he steps into the cage. No amount of cheers or boos are going to change what he has to do, and so nothing bothers him one way or the other.

“It doesn’t matter, I don’t fight for them,” MacDonald said about the crowd and fans. “People can love me or hate me, I fight for myself and because I love it. It is what it is.”

It may not make him a fan favorite by saying what he’s saying, but Rory MacDonald is just being himself, and if that attracts people to love him, great. If not, he’s not losing any sleep over it.

“I don’t care, as long as I fight well and I think I did. If they don’t like me, I can’t do anything about it. I’m just going to be me,” said MacDonald.

Whether you love him or hate him, MacDonald’s talent is undeniable and he’ll look to continue his recent streak as he moves into 2013 and his next fight in the UFC.

(photo courtesy of Will Fox)

Galleries

Rory MacDonald Fights

• a year ago

Comments

10 reasons to watch UFC Fight Night 118 with 'Cowboy' looking to snap his first career skid

Check out 10 reasons to watch Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 118 card in Gdansk, Poland, featuring Donald Cerrone vs. Darren Till.Filed under: News read news >>

Robbie Lawler Responds to Rory MacDonald's Claims That He Used Performance Enhancing Drugs | MMAWeekly.com

Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald put on one of the best fights in history during an epic battle that took place back in 2015, but now the matchup has hit the headlines again for all the wrong reasons read news >>

Before UFC-Sao Paulo, co-headliner Colby Covington has plenty of 1-liners left

Love him or hate him, one thing is for sure: Welterweight Colby Covington is right at home whenever a mic is placed in front of him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC-Sao Paulo with a pair of Brazilian legends atop the card

Check out 10 reasons to watch Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 119 card in Sao Paulo, Brazil.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

ATT co-founder Ricardo Liborio condemns Colby Covington, announces departure from team

While the reasons remain unclear, head coach Ricardo Liborio has announced he is no longer with the team he co-founded in 2001.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 186, where a once-disrespected challenger gets his wish

Bellator 186 features two title fights, and the main attraction includes a title challenger who once felt disrespected by the promotion. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC 217, where everyone seems to be beefin' in a big way

UFC 217 is one of the deepest events of the year. It’s also brought out some major bad blood at the top of the card.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

New champ Rose Namajunas 'sick of all the hate' in MMA, vows to set good example after UFC 217

Rose Namajunas stressed that “martial arts is about honor and respect” after taking a verbal onslaught from Joanna Jedrzejczyk leading up to UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Rose Namajunas is 'Sick of All the Hate' | MMAWeekly.com

Rose Namajunas isn't happy with the current state of affairs with all the negativity surrounding the promotion of MMA. read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 187, with A.J. McKee, 'Baby Slice,' Sinead Kavanagh and more

Bellator 187 airs via same-day delay on Spike, and the Dublin card features some familiar names.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>