#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Conor McGregor #Volkan Oezdemir #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Jon Jones #Dynasty of Heroes #Bojan Velickovic #Nicholas Musoke #Nordine Taleb #Oliver Enkamp

Rory MacDonald is fighting for a few different reasons, but one of them isn’t for the adoration of the fans.

It was very evident in the lead-up to his fight against B.J. Penn at UFC on Fox 5 that MacDonald was not going to be the fan favorite facing off against the Hawaiian legend.

Still most fighters will admit it’s not a good feeling to have an entire arena of people against you on a given night. There are those rare occasions where a fighter such as Josh Koscheck for instance, feeds off of the negative energy.

For Rory MacDonald, he’s like an assassin – cold, emotionless, and has a mission when he steps into the cage. No amount of cheers or boos are going to change what he has to do, and so nothing bothers him one way or the other.

“It doesn’t matter, I don’t fight for them,” MacDonald said about the crowd and fans. “People can love me or hate me, I fight for myself and because I love it. It is what it is.”

It may not make him a fan favorite by saying what he’s saying, but Rory MacDonald is just being himself, and if that attracts people to love him, great. If not, he’s not losing any sleep over it.

“I don’t care, as long as I fight well and I think I did. If they don’t like me, I can’t do anything about it. I’m just going to be me,” said MacDonald.

Whether you love him or hate him, MacDonald’s talent is undeniable and he’ll look to continue his recent streak as he moves into 2013 and his next fight in the UFC.

(photo courtesy of Will Fox)

Rory MacDonald: Bellator 179 In Focus Video | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC title challenger Rory MacDonald makes his promotional debut at Bellator 179. "I'm gonna be a problem for every fighter in the Bellator cage." read news >>

Reasons to watch UFC 211 this Saturday

The Octagon is on its way to Dallas for UFC 211 on May 13. Storylines are everywhere: Two titles are on the line, a rising phenom gets his most significant test yet and future title contenders can st read news >>

Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald Winner Gets Shot at Bellator Belt | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 179 headliners Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald got some welcome news on Tuesday. They are officially fighting for the promotion's No. 1 contender slot. read news >>

Paul Daley-Rory MacDonald winner gets title shot, Bellator chief Scott Coker says

The winner of Bellator 179’s headliner will have a chance to face the victor of the “Bellator: NYC” clash between champ Douglas Lima and Lorenz Larkin some time between October and November.Filed und read news >>

Bellator 179: Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald Media Call Replay | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 179 headliners Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald field question from the media on a pre-fight conference call in the lead-up to their May 19 bout in London. read news >>

Bellator 179's Paul Daley questions Rory MacDonald's 'warrior' label: Didn't he quit vs. Robbie Lawler?

Although Paul Daley believes he’s fighting one of the world’s top-five welterweights at Bellator 179, he sees little danger in Rory MacDonald’s game: “Well rounded and that’s about it.”Filed under: B read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC 211, where 2 fan-favorite champs could make history

Need some reasons to tune in to Saturday’s big UFC 211 event? You could do worse than fan-favorite champs Stipe Miocic and Joanna Jedrzejczyk.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Rory MacDonald

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Rory MacDonald.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2446 with Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Rory MacDonald

Stream or download Monday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Rory MacDonald.Filed under: News read news >>

Bellator 179 pre-event facts: Rory MacDonald debuts in search of first win in 31 months

For more on the numbers behind the Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald, as well as the other bouts scheduled for the main card, check out 22 pre-event facts for Bellator 179.Filed under: Bellator, Featured read news >>