#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #GSP #Michael Bisping

George Roop defended the UFC's pay scale. | Photo: Sherdog.com

George Roop, on “Beatdown,” discussing his compensation as a UFC fighter:

“I can’t speak for anybody else, but look at me. I’ll be up front and honest. I have nothing to be ashamed about. I’m on the very lower end of the echelon when it comes to the pay grade for the UFC. My next fight will be for [$8,000 to show and $8,000 to win]. That’s straight up. I have absolutely no problem with how much I make. I make more than I’ve ever made in any other place fighting. I get taken care of. We get discretionary bonuses, which you’ve heard Lorenzo [Fertitta] talk about as well. They send us bonuses after every single one of our fights, and they’re nice bonuses. I feel very well taken care of.

“If you ask the UFC for anything, they’ll give it to you. If you need money up front, I’ve heard about … the UFC kind of fronting [fighters] their paychecks basically. I think the UFC takes really good care of you on top of the sponsors we get, even fighting on the undercards. You’re making pretty good money fighting in the UFC. I provide a good life for my family and everything. If you’re smart with your money and you save it and you live within your means, then you’re not going to be a brokedown fighter like Ken Shamrock … .

“In the UFC I would say I made about, with sponsors and everything last year, I made around $60,000 to $70,000 and I lost two of my fights even. My manager does a good job getting me sponsors. The UFC does a very good job about throwing out discretionary bonuses. … If [ESPN] would have come and talked to me, I would have told them straight up too. … I’m not scared to talk to anybody about how I’m treated or anything. If I have an issue with how much I make or if I’m not being treated fairly, I’m not scared to talk to anybody about it. That’s just the honest truth. If I felt that I was scared, then I’d have no problem telling [the media] either. I’d have no problem putting the UFC on blast if that’s what I had to do.”

Comments

Dana White Claims Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Broke Pay-Per-View Record | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White claims that the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing match broke the all-time pay-per-view record. read news >>

Cody Garbrandt Predicts He'll Knock TJ Dillashaw Out at UFC 217 (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Bantamweight champ Cody Garbrandt defends his title for the first time against rival, former chamion, and No. 2 ranked TJ Dillashaw at UFC 217. read news >>

Western Australia gets its first UFC event with February pay-per-view card

The UFC’s long-awaited debut in Western Australia is finally official, with promotion execs announcing that UFC 221 will take place in Perth on Sunday, February 11.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unveils First Two Pay-Per-Views of 2018 | MMAWeekly.com

Robert Whittaker is hoping to unify the UFC middleweight title when the promotion makes its first stop in Western Australia. read news >>

UFC 217 Athlete Outfitting pay: 3 title fights help move 2017 payout past $5 million

Fighters from Saturday’s UFC 217 event took home UFC Athlete Outfitting pay, a program that launched after the UFC’s deal with Reebok.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 Athlete Outfitting pay: Highest non-PPV payout in program history

Fighters from UFC Fight Night 120 took home UFC Athlete Outfitting pay, a program that launched after the UFC’s deal with Reebok.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 Athlete Outfitting pay: Program total passes $15 million mark

Fighters from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 119 event took home UFC Athlete Outfitting pay totaling $170,000.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 121 Athlete Outfitting pay: Yearly payout approaches $5.5 million

• a day ago

How much Reebok pay did UFC-Sydney fighters take home?Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC light heavyweight contender Volkan Oezdemir arrested on battery charge in Florida

• a day ago

UFC light heavyweight contender Volkan Oezdemir may have a hurdle to cross that doesn’t deal with getting a title shot.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>