#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Rizin 7 #Tony Ferguson #Nick Diaz #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Quinton Jackson #Michael Bisping

Cris It may be the biggest fight in women’s MMA history that might not happen.

Following her win over Sarah Kaufman on Saturday night, Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey immediately called out former featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Santos.

In response, Santos ranted via Twitter with the conclusion pointing towards her possible exit from Strikeforce altogether.

Now 48 hours later and the two ladies are still going at it in the press with Rousey making her demands very clear about how the fight with Cyborg would happen.

Speaking to AXS TV’s Inside MMA on Monday, Rousey once again reiterated that she will only face Cyborg at 135 pounds, the weight class in which she is currently fighting and holds the title in. She also pointed out that if Cyborg returns to 145 pounds, there is simply no relevant opponents for her to face.

“Who else is she going to fight besides me anyways? I’ve got a whole line of girls waiting to fight me. She needs to fight me or else she’s pretty much done,” said Rousey.

Cyborg didn’t sit back and accept the comments and fired back, pointing out the fact that Rousey has fought at much higher weights before, but now won’t go back there because she doesn’t truly want to face her in the cage.

“She claims she is the ‘champion’ and openly challenges me to fight at 135 pounds. (She competed in the Beijing Olympics at 70kg/154lbs, and fought at 145 pounds in MMA till she learned she would have to fight me, and then dropped to 135 pounds.) Which I find laughable,” Cyborg said through a translator via a release to Inside MMA.

“I have never fought below 145 pounds, and I am considered the pound for pound top women’s fighter in the world! I have yet to lose a fight while holding the Strikeforce 145-pound title. My last fight was considered a no contest, but that has not changed the fact that I AM the women’s 145-pound champion.”

Cyborg goes on to state that she cannot safely cut down to 135 pounds due to health concerns, but “if Ronda is the future of WMMA, and is the ‘champion’ that she envisions… you know where I am, and I am more than willing to give you an opportunity to test me. I will fight you at 145 pounds, you know… the weight that you started at, and then you can have two belts, and prove to everyone that you are indeed a ‘champion’.”

Is this a test of wills to see which fighter will bend first to make this fight happen or will it ever happen?

Check out the video below to see Ronda Rousey’s appearance on Inside MMA:

Galleries

Ronda Rousey Fights

• a year ago

Cris Cyborg Fights

• a year ago

Comments

3 reasons Edmond Tarverdyan pushing for Ronda Rousey to fight Cris Cyborg is troubling

Ronda Rousey’s coach believes it’s 50-50 she fights again, but his preferred opponent forces us to wonder what his true motives might be.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey's Coach is a Joke | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey's coach said on Monday that he would like to see his fight return for one more fight and wants it to be against UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg. Cyborg laughed off Edmond Tarverdy read news >>

Cris Cyborg has no desire to beat up Ronda Rousey while she's down

There was a time Cris Cyborg badly wanted to fight Ronda Rousey but not anymore – not like this.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Coach Wants Her to Fight Cris Cyborg in Final Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey hasn't uttered a word about a return to fighting, but her coach wants her to fight once more against Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Chases Training Partner Out of the Gym in Comically Insane Workout Video | MMAWeekly.com

There really are no words for this video of Cris Cyborg beating the daylights out of her training partner and chasing him out of the gym! read news >>

Even Miesha Tate Doesn't Want to See Cris Cyborg Slaughter Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

Even Ronda Rousey's most heated rival, Miesha Tate, wouldn't send her to slaughter by having her fight Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Not even Miesha Tate wants to see Ronda Rousey 'get slaughtered' by Cris Cyborg

Miesha Tate goes off on Ronda Rousey’s coach for his “asinine” suggestion that a fight with Cris Cyborg should happen.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Cris Cyborg Struts Her Muay Thai Ring Card Girl Stuff (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg couldn't wait to get back in the ring, so she's taken up a position as a ring card girl. read news >>

Ric Flair's Daughter Annoyed by Ronda Rousey Hounding (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Maybe accosting Charlotte Flair in the airport and slamming her with Ronda Rousey isn't the way to go. read news >>