#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Dominick Cruz #Donald Cerrone #UFC Fight Night 118 #Cody Garbrandt #Michael Bisping #UFC 207

02-Ronda-Rousey-UFC-170-w-0671-b-478x270UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is one of the busiest people in mixed martial arts. She made her professional debut in March 2011 and hasn’t slowed down since. She’s coached a season of The Ultimate Fighter and filmed The Expendables 3, Fast & Furious 7 and Entourage over the last calendar year.

On July 5, Rousey will put her title on the line for the fourth time when she faces Alexis Davis in the UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida co-main event. Following the fight, Rousey plans to take a well-deserved vacation.

“I keep talking about how I’m going to take a break. I really do say every time I’m in camp, ‘oh man, I can’t wait to take a vacation,’ and I really need it this time. I think I’m really going to do it this time,” Rousey recently told The Great MMA Debate Podcast.

“I think I’m going to take a vacation in August, probably like the end of August or beginning of September. I might even go somewhere for like a month just to break it up a little bit because I have been constantly on the go, charging it since 2010 it feels like. I work in quadrennials. So it’s 2014 now. It’s like I’ve gone through a whole Olympic cycle. I’m ready to take a little bit of a break after this one,” she said.

While Rousey has grown accustomed to her fast-paced lifestyle, she knows that eventually she’s going to have to takes some time off.

“I can’t go forever, or I will end up burning the candle at both ends at some point. So I’m just going to beat Alexis, I’m going to promote this movie, and then I’m really going to take some time to rest a little bit,” said the 27-year-old.

But there’s no need to panic. Rousey isn’t planning to take an extended hiatus from the sport. She’ll be back in the Octagon before long.

“My version of taking a little bit of time to rest might be much different than Georges St-Pierre’s, where he needs so long that he needs to give up his belt,” she said. “I don’t plan on taking that long of a break, long for me, which is probably like a month of doing something else. One month of just not training.”

Galleries

Ronda Rousey Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC Plans to Donation to Aid Victims of Las Vegas Shooting | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is planning to make a sizable donation to aid the victims of Sunday's tragic shooting in Las Vegas. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Produced Documentary Series 'Why We Fight' Picked Up by Verizon Go90 | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey continued to push into new avenues outside the cage with her latest project getting picked up by Verizon's Go90 free video service. The documenta read news >>

Matchmaker Says Khabib Nurmagomedov Was Offered Tony Ferguson at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby reveals plans were in motion for Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov in November read news >>

Matt Brown: 'It's Time for Diego Sanchez to Retire and I Think I'm Going to Retire Him' | MMAWeekly.com

Matt Brown plans on two UFC careers coming to an end in November read news >>

UFC Champ Tyron Woodley Endorses a Ronda Rousey Move to WWE | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of TMZSports | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Ronda Rousey has been teasing a move away from her career in the UFC to a professional wrestling stint in the W read news >>

Watch Yushin Okami Take Out Evan Tanner with a Devastating Knee (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Yushin Okami's impressive knockout of former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Has New Weapons for Rose Namajunas | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk promises some new weaponry when she faces Rose Namajunas. read news >>

Luke Rockhold Trashes Michael Bisping's Title Reign as 'the Worst in UFC History' | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has never been a fan of Michael Bisping but it seems he likes him even less a year and a half into his middleweight title reign in the UFC. Of course, Rockhold has a reason to hold a gr read news >>

If Garbrandt or Dillashaw Pulls Out of UFC 217, Dominick Cruz is Ready and Willing | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz is willing to step in if champion Cody Garbrandt of TJ Dillashaw have to pull out of UFC 217. read news >>

Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk hopes to break Ronda Rousey's record – 125 then possible

Although her focus is on UFC 217 opponent Rose Namajunas, champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk is still considering a move up to flyweight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>