Ronda-Rousey-UFC-157-1Ronda Rousey admits that nerves weren’t a problem for her as she finished off Liz Carmouch with her trademark armbar finish in the first ever women’s fight in the UFC.

“Nerves were really not bad at all,” Rousey said after the fight. “I felt like when I was in there, the last time I was in there was yesterday, and the second I walked out it seemed like it was a million years ago.

“It’s like a weird kinda limbo place to be in, but I didn’t feel nervous.”

For the first time in her short career, Rousey was in danger early in the fight as Carmouche took her back, looking for a standing rear naked choke, but the first UFC women’s champion was able to break free before going on to snatch a submission of her own.

“It was a tricky situation to be in, especially after I saw Urijah earlier on, I was like ‘oh, oh’,” Rousey revealed. “I wasn’t worried, but I was very aware of the severity of the situation.”

It was a history-making win for the 26-year-old, and one that was years in the making as just last year UFC president Dana White had still been opposed to women fighting in the Octagon.

“I’m just glad it was a great fight and I feel like we delivered up to the hype. The place was going nuts, and I’m glad it was a full house. I’m just honored to be a part of it. This is something really special and it might take a little while to sink in.”

Follow @AndrewPMMA on Twitter).

Dana White on ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey's future: I 'think she's probably done'

We may have seen the last of former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey in the cage.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

Dana White Says Ronda Rousey is Probably Done Fighting | MMAWeekly.com

After losing back-to-back bouts for the first time in her career, it appears that former Ronda Rousey may be riding off into the sunset. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Receives Apology from Amanda Nunes for Post-UFC 207 Comments

Current UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes held nothing back after she swiftly defeated Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Dec. 30. On Tuesday, more than one month after her victory, she apologized to Ro read news >>

UFC Champ Amanda Nunes Issues Apology to Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes on Tuesday issued an apology to former champ Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

Dana White on Ronda Rousey: The Day Comes When You Don't Have It Anymore | MMAWeekly.com

So what's up with Ronda Rousey's downward spiral in the Octagon? It's simple, says Dana White, "It's a young man's and a young woman's game." read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Tim Boetsch, Jarred Brooks & Ronda Rousey's Retirement | MMAWeekly.com

Tune in Wednesday at 3:30 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! Tim Boetsch and Jarred Brooks join the show, and the crew talks about Ronda Rousey's career situation. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Apologizes to Ronda Rousey, Continues to Be Cooler Champ Than Her | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports Yesterday, in a heartfelt Instagram post, reigning women’s Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes apologized to former champ Ronda Rousey for some recent comment read news >>

In (Possibly) Retiring Young, Ronda Rousey Has Nothing to Answer for

Ronda Rousey’s transcendence as a mixed martial arts superstar survived the loss of her aura. That’s evidenced by the public reaction generated by UFC president Dana White when he revealed what many read news >>