According to Ronda Rousey, she was never in any danger.

The UFC women’s bantamweight champion successfully defended her crown on Saturday night in the main event of UFC 157, using her signature armbar to submit Liz Carmouche in the first round. Though Rousey would go on to submit her challenger in typical fashion, the judoka looked to be in trouble early against Carmouche at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

After scoring with a trip, Rousey make a positional error while sitting on a scarf hold and allowed Carmouche take her back. In response, the Olympic bronze medalist stood and tried to pry the challenger’s hooks off as Carmouche cranked on her mouth and jaw, working for a rear-naked choke. Rousey’s face appeared contorted and crushed, but the champion said she was more concerned with a potential wardrobe malfunction than the technique.

“The good thing is that, on the ground, I feel so comfortable in every position that I don’t feel like I’m ever in any danger, so I feel comfortable taking a lot of risks. I felt fine with her on my back. I felt very calm and in control, even though it didn’t look like that,” Rousey told Fox Sports after her victory. “I was thinking more about keeping my sports bra up while she was trying to choke me. If you actually look, at one point, I was adjusting myself when she was on my back. [I was] multitasking.”

The champion managed to twist her hips and shake Carmouche off, after which she recovered the scarf hold and transitioned to the armbar.

“I was worried I was running out of time. I take my time a lot more in MMA than I did in judo, so I was just trying to take my time and do it right,” said Rousey. “But I was also worried because I didn’t know how much time I had, so it was a hard balance to find, I guess.”

Rousey eventually found her favorite technique, though Carmouche resisted till the bitter end, submitting with just 11 seconds remaining in the opening round.

“I knew she would be very, very tough. I was expecting to go five rounds,” said Rousey. “With 10 seconds’ difference, it could have gone to the next round and been very different. She’s extremely tough. Much respect to her.”

Despite being just hours removed from her first UFC title defense, Rousey already had her eyes set on her next challenge.

“I’m very interested to see Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano at the ‘TUF’ finale,” said Rousey. “I’m going to watch that fight [in person], and I’d be very interested in taking on the winner.”

Valentina Shevchenko Taps Out Julianna Pena in Headliner (UFC Denver Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Valentina Shevchekno made a big statement for title contention at UFC on FOX 23, submitting Julianna Pena in the second round in the event's featured bout on Saturday in Denver. read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

Former champ Holly Holm on UFC 208 145-pound title headliner: Each division has to start somewhere

As former UFC women’s bantamweight champ Holly Holm points out, she didn’t really have a division before Ronda Rousey fought at UFC 157. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Weighs In on Ronda Rousey's UFC Struggles (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk weighs in on the struggles of former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Dana White on ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey's future: I 'think she's probably done'

We may have seen the last of former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey in the cage.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 medical suspensions: Headliner Julianna Pena among possible 6-month sits

UFC on FOX 23’s Julianna Pena came up short in her bid to earn a title shot, and she may now have to sit out a potential six months to compete again.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey Receives Apology from Amanda Nunes for Post-UFC 207 Comments

Current UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes held nothing back after she swiftly defeated Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Dec. 30. On Tuesday, more than one month after her victory, she apologized to Ro read news >>

UFC Champ Amanda Nunes Issues Apology to Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes on Tuesday issued an apology to former champ Ronda Rousey. read news >>