Robbie Lawler - StrikeforceRobbie Lawler hasn’t fought in the UFC in nearly a decade.  He debuted in the organization at UFC 37 in May 2002 at the age of 20.  He had a seven-fight stint inside the Octagon, going 4-3.  His last fight under the UFC banner was at UFC 50 in 2004 where he lost to former champion Evan Tanner by submission.

Lawler returns at UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche on Saturday against Josh Koscheck.

“It’s exciting.  I didn’t realize it was that long.  It makes me feel old.  I’m excited to fight.  I’ve been training hard and this is a great opportunity and I’m happy to be here,” Lawler said during the UFC 157 pre-fight press conference.

Now 30, Lawler feels he’s more prepared than he was when he first arrived in the UFC.

“This is the big show.  I think the first time I was here, I didn’t really want to do everything.  I just wanted to fight, just come in here and fight.  I didn’t want to do the PR.  I didn’t want to talk to the media.  Now I think I’m ready for that.  I’m excited to be here,” he said.

After leaving the UFC, Lawler fought in several promotions: ICON Sport, International Fight League, Pride, EliteXC, and Strikeforce.  Most of that time, he competed as a middleweight.  UFC 157 isn’t only his return to the UFC, it’s also his return to the welterweight division.

“Guys were cutting a lot of weight, and I was kind of walking around at the weight I was fighting at, which I like to do. I like to fight and compete and I think for me to fight at a higher level, I think I need to cut a little bit of weight,” Lawler said about returning to the 170-pound weight class.

“I knew I was going to come back to the UFC and I wanted to cut down to 170 when I did it.”

Lawler expects a war with Koscheck.

“Josh has got a lot of fights in the UFC.  He’s a big, strong wrestler with strong stand-up and it’s going to be a war.  I’m ready to go.”

Is the UFC's women's bantamweight division set for a return to nicer, bleaker days?

The next UFC women’s bantamweight title fight appears to be set, but as champion Amanda Nunes faced off with Valentina Shevchenko after UFC on FOX 23, one didn’t get the sense that we were looking at read news >>

Is Francis Ngannou the Next UFC Heavyweight Champion? (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Francis Ngannou has stormed into the UFC heavyweight division. Is he the next great UFC heavyweight champion? read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC on FOX 23, where it's moving day for main-card fighters

The UFC hasn’t named its events for quite a while, but if the promotion were still doing so, a fitting tag for Saturday’s card would been something like “UFC on FOX 23: Moving Day.” Each fight on the read news >>

Ex-UFC-champ Anderson Silva talks dreams of action movie stardom, Netflix show, Hollywood auditions

RIO DE JANEIRO – After breaking records and establishing himself as one of the biggest MMA fighters of all time, Anderson is actively pursuing other types of stardom.Filed under: Featured Videos, New read news >>

Cerrone vs. Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

Donald Cerrone’s Cinderella march through the welterweight division encountered its first bit of adversity Saturday at UFC on Fox 23. Jorge Masvidal dashed Cerrone’s four-fight winning streak at 170 read news >>

Raphael Assuncao Wins Split Decision Over Aljamain Sterling (UFC Denver Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Two bantamweight contenders fought on the UFC Denver preliminary card with one advancing closer to a title shot and the other moving further away. read news >>

Raphael Assuncao: 'I Just Want to Get Back to the Top' | MMAWeekly.com

Raphael Assuncao talks about his UFC on FOX 23 victory over Aljamain Sterling and trying to get back to the top of the bantamweight division. read news >>

Conor McGregor Talks Potential WWE WrestleMania 33 Appearance

UFC superstar Conor McGregor confirmed Saturday he was in talks with the WWE about appearing at WrestleMania 33 on April 2 in Orlando, Florida. "Never say never. I know there's been conversations," M read news >>

Kevin Lee talks offer to help train Floyd Mayweather for possible Conor McGregor boxing match

UFC lightweight Kevin Lee, who trains regularly at Floyd Mayweather’s gym, says he’d be excited to be the boxing legends’s training partner should the highly-speculated boxing scrap with UFC champ Co read news >>

Nick Diaz Turned Down Rematch with Robbie Lawler | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White offered Nick Diaz a fight against former welterweight champion Robbie Lawler and Diaz turned down the fight. read news >>