#UFC 220 #Stipe Miocic #Francis Ngannou #Bellator MMA #Daniel Cormier #Volkan Oezdemir #Rory MacDonald #Douglas Lima #Chael Sonnen #Quinton Jackson #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Conor McGregor #Cyborg vs. Holm

Rob Font Storms into Sao Paulo Aiming to Become UFC Bantamweight Contender | MMAWeekly.com

There’s not much of a better job that bantamweight Rob Font could have done in his first win of 2017 when he submitted Douglas Andrade at UF C 213 this past June.

Ford was able to quickly wear Andrade out and take advantage of an opening presented to him, claiming his second straight win in the process.

“I think we listened to the game plan that my coaches tried to put together perfect,” Font told MMAWeekly.com. “We knew exactly what we had to do to push (Andrade) and wear him out. He got real tired after that first takedown, like we predicted, after that it was just a matter of time.”

The win over Andrade was Font’s fourth in five fights since joining the UFC in 2014. Aside from the one loss, Font couldn’t be happier with how things are turning out.

“I’m having a blast,” said Font. “I’m doing exactly what I want to do. I had that one hiccup with (John) Lineker, but other than that, I’m living the dream. I expect big things in the future for sure.”

Font (14-2) looks to run his winning streak to three when he faces off against Pedro Munhoz (14-2) in a main card bantamweight bout at UFC Fight Night 119 on Saturday in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

“This one we really put a lot of time in on the mat on offense,” Font said. “Usually, it’s on Jiu-Jitsu defense, staying out of bad positions and getting out from the bottom.

“After this fight, we will really focus on my offense off my back, my offense on top, taking the fight to the ground and looking for a finish there – either TKO or submission.”

Having suffered his only UFC loss in Brazil, Font is more prepared this time to acclimate better from the trip and enjoy the time he has in country.

“We’re leaving a couple days easier and I’m taking my nutritionist with us so I don’t have to worry about food,” said Font. “We’re leaving earlier, so we can recover from the flight.

“I’m not saying why I lost last time, but as far as traveling, I should have went out earlier. I’m just going to try to have fun with it and enjoy Brazil.”

Should Font pick up his fifth win in six trips to the Octagon, he hopes to find himself among the top talent in the UFC bantamweight division, and possibly position himself for title contention before 2018 is out.

“I do believe if I go out there and put on a good performance or get a finish, I believe I’ll be in the Top 5 or Top 10 for sure,” Font said. “I’m hoping one or two more and I’ll be looking at that number one contender’s spot.”

Comments

Sean O'Malley Faces Andre Soukhamthath at UFC 222 | MMAWeekly.com

A bantamweight bout between up and comers Sean O'Malley and Andre Soukhamthath has been added to the UFC 222 fight card. read news >>

Jessica Andrade Faces Tecia Torres at UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando | MMAWeekly.com

Top five ranked strawweights Jessica Andrade and Tecia Torres will face off in a pivotal fight at UFC on FOX 28 scheduled for Feb. 24 in Orlando. UFC officials confirmed the matchup on Wednesday via read news >>

John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz Showdown Added to UFC Belem | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC flyweight title challenger John Dodson will continue his struggle at 135 pounds when he takes on streaking Brazilian Pedro Munhoz. read news >>

Former Champ Renan Barao Returns, Mike Perry Faces Max Griffin at UFC on FOX 28 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC on FOX 28 continues to grow with the addition of former bantamweight champion Renan Barao booking his next fight against Brian Kelleher while noted knockout artist Mike Perry gets back in action read news >>

Watch Stipe Miocic Lower the Boom on Fabricio Werdum in UFC Knockout of the Week | MMAWeekly.com

Before he faces Francis Ngannou, check out Stipe Miocic's stunning knockout of Fabricio Werdum in front of a stunned crowd in Curitiba, Brazil. read news >>

Robert Whittaker Injured; Luke Rockhold Now Faces Yoel Romero for Interim Title at UFC 221 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 221 has just suffered a major loss. Middleweight champion Robert Whittaker has been forced out of the main event due to an undisclosed injury. With Whittaker out, the UFC has decided to move forw read news >>

Josh Emmett Faces Jeremy Stephens in Main Event at UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando | MMAWeekly.com

UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando finally has a main event as Jeremy Stephens has been tapped to make a quick turn around to face Josh Emmett in a five round featherweight fight on Feb. 24. UFC officials anno read news >>

Stipe Miocic Believes Francis Ngannou is Looking Past Him at UFC 220 | MMAWeekly.com

Stipe Miocic can't wait to see the look on Francis Ngannou's face when the fight at UFC 220 isn't as one-sided as all of his other bouts in the UFC. read news >>

Watch the UFC 222 and UFC 223 Press Conference Live at 5 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of the UFC 222 and UFC 223 main events, UFC will host a 25th Anniversary Series press conference with the four athletes on Friday at 5p.m. ET. read news >>

Watch the UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou Ceremonial Weigh-in Live at 6 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou Ceremonial Weigh-in streaming live from Boston on Friday at 6 p.m. ET. read news >>