#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #Nik Lentz #Will Brooks #Georges St-Pierre

There’s not much of a better job that bantamweight Rob Font could have done in his first win of 2017 when he submitted Douglas Andrade at UF C 213 this past June.

Ford was able to quickly wear Andrade out and take advantage of an opening presented to him, claiming his second straight win in the process.

“I think we listened to the game plan that my coaches tried to put together perfect,” Font told MMAWeekly.com. “We knew exactly what we had to do to push (Andrade) and wear him out. He got real tired after that first takedown, like we predicted, after that it was just a matter of time.”

The win over Andrade was Font’s fourth in five fights since joining the UFC in 2014. Aside from the one loss, Font couldn’t be happier with how things are turning out.

“I’m having a blast,” said Font. “I’m doing exactly what I want to do. I had that one hiccup with (John) Lineker, but other than that, I’m living the dream. I expect big things in the future for sure.”

Font (14-2) looks to run his winning streak to three when he faces off against Pedro Munhoz (14-2) in a main card bantamweight bout at UFC Fight Night 119 on Saturday in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

“This one we really put a lot of time in on the mat on offense,” Font said. “Usually, it’s on Jiu-Jitsu defense, staying out of bad positions and getting out from the bottom.

“After this fight, we will really focus on my offense off my back, my offense on top, taking the fight to the ground and looking for a finish there – either TKO or submission.”

Having suffered his only UFC loss in Brazil, Font is more prepared this time to acclimate better from the trip and enjoy the time he has in country.

“We’re leaving a couple days easier and I’m taking my nutritionist with us so I don’t have to worry about food,” said Font. “We’re leaving earlier, so we can recover from the flight.

“I’m not saying why I lost last time, but as far as traveling, I should have went out earlier. I’m just going to try to have fun with it and enjoy Brazil.”

Should Font pick up his fifth win in six trips to the Octagon, he hopes to find himself among the top talent in the UFC bantamweight division, and possibly position himself for title contention before 2018 is out.

“I do believe if I go out there and put on a good performance or get a finish, I believe I’ll be in the Top 5 or Top 10 for sure,” Font said. “I’m hoping one or two more and I’ll be looking at that number one contender’s spot.”

Comments

Pedro Munhoz Scores First-Round Finish of Rob Font (UFC Sao Paulo Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Pedro Munhoz continued his rise up the bantamweight ranks with a first-round finish of Rob Font at UFC Fight Night 119 on Saturday night. read news >>

Pedro Munhoz Pulls Off One-Arm Choke (UFC Sao Paulo Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Pedro Munhoz's incredible one-arm guillotine choke on Rob Font at UFC Fight Night 119 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 video highlights: Pedro Munhoz vs. Rob Font

Check out the UFC Fight Night 119 video highlights for Pedro Munhoz vs. Rob Font.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch Tim Means Flatten John Howard (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Means faces off against Belal Muhammad in an important welterweight match up at Fight Night Sydney on Saturday, November 18 live on FS1. read news >>

Watch Fabricio Werdum Submit Rodrigo Nogueira (UFC Sydney Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch former champ Fabricio Werdum submit the legendary Rodrigo Nogueira. Werdum next faces Marcin Tybura in the main event of Fight Night Sydney on Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 results: Pedro Munhoz gets another finish, taps Rob Font in first

Pedro Munhoz has guillotine choke finishes in three of his past four fights after tapping Rob Font in the first round. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Relive Michael Bisping's TKO Win Over Cung Le (UFC Shanghai Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

• 4 hours ago

Take a look back at Michael Bisping's TKO win over Cung Le. Bisping steps in on short notice to face Kelvin Gastelum in the main event of Fight Night Shanghai. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Wins Lopsided Decision Over Marcin Tybura, Full UFC Fight Night Results | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Fabricio Werdum capped off UFC Fight Night in Sydney, Australia with a win in the main event read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Outclasses Marcin Tybura (UFC Sydney Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out the highlights from the main event of UFC Fight Night 121 between former heavyweight champ Fabricio read news >>

Belal Muhammad Narrowly Defeats Tim Means (UFC Sydney Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out the highlights from the welterweight bout between Belal Muhammad and Tim Means at UFC Fight Night 12 read news >>